Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eaglesinsider

2017 DeMatha Schedule

253 posts in this topic

I believe the "Archdiocese of Washington runs the show" at Carroll because they own the school and grounds upon which the school rest. Beats me what you are talking about the school would have shut down years ago when I understand Carroll is a product of three archdiocese schools shutting down to form what's now Carroll. Is this also common knowledge in DC or am I wrong since you know DC so well 'cept how the city was formed from MD and VA and later land returned to VA (your NE boarding school / DeMatha education).

Would you like to be referred to as "the Google guy" or "the Wikipedia guy"? Carroll was opened in 1951 by the Archdiocese of Washington and in 1989 took on the remaining students from other closing schools like other DC Catholic schools did. It's not a product of three schools coming together. That's like saying DeMatha is a product of two schools coming together after they took on 21 girls from Regina when that school closed. Look it up, Google guy....

And when I say "run the show" I mean making all decisions for the school. The Archdiocese was not telling ABC how to run their football program when they were the best team in DC like they are now. I don't expect you to understand any of this since you're not from DC or MD. What's that hilarious phrase that you dropped on us? Was it "Crabbers...Nuff said"? I got the goofball chills for you on that one, DW.

Come on counselor!!  If ABC dropped out of the WHACK WCAC on the heels of Ryken's departure (with recent bolts of PVI, O'Connell, GT Prep) there would be no WCAC football to "restructure."  You would be merely a tertiary 5-team entity with only hopes of joining some other entity who would perhaps have you (what's left of the former WCAC) minus reclassify mercenary DeMatha who would be the one to end up independent and not McDonogh and Gilman.

Your cross counselor...  :lol:

The WCAC is not going anywhere with or without ABC.  GZ, DM, SJC and GC are the anchor schools for football and are firmly entrenched.  Adding one or two teams is easy.  Adding the right teams is the part that requires some strategic planning. 

Would you like to be referred to as "the Google guy" or "the Wikipedia guy"? Carroll was opened in 1951 by the Archdiocese of Washington and in 1989 took on the remaining students from other closing schools like other DC Catholic schools did. It's not a product of three schools coming together. That's like saying DeMatha is a product of two schools coming together after they took on 21 girls from Regina when that school closed. Look it up, Google guy....

And when I say "run the show" I mean making all decisions for the school. The Archdiocese was not telling ABC how to run their football program when they were the best team in DC like they are now. I don't expect you to understand any of this since you're not from DC or MD. What's that hilarious phrase that you dropped on us? Was it "Crabbers...Nuff said"? I got the goofball chills for you on that one, DW.

Driveby, if AW owns Carroll then why your special emphasis that AW makes all the decisions for the school.  Owners tend to do that Sniper.  You think you got a chill when I mentioned I attended Hampton High, that pales to the flat out gut busting laughter I experienced when you told us you were a G-Unit white boy from Chevy Chase who attended a NE boarding school and DeMatha.  Now that's OG goofball chillin'.....  :D 

But yes, as a military brat and member myself, I did live in many places to include TX, MS, VA, DC, IN, HI, MD, and other stateside locations, and overseas.  I've experienced the world beyond a NE boarding school and Hyattsville, oh -- and Chevy Chase.

The WCAC is not going anywhere with or without ABC.  GZ, DM, SJC and GC are the anchor schools for football and are firmly entrenched.  Adding one or two teams is easy.  Adding the right teams is the part that requires some strategic planning. 

Sure, the WCAC recent history is clear it can add one or two schools to the league BUT they also drop out so quickly.  You will soon run out of the limited private schools in the pool and the anchor four is not a league.  You really cannot afford to lose ABC if it's true that Ryken is history.  The WCAC is running out of Saint This and Catholic That....  Before there was the WCAC, what were you...  Things are not forever, not even the WCAC. 

If ABC eventually does drop out of the WCAC then it seems that would trigger some type of significant restructure of the WCAC. Bishiop Sullivan for football only has been discussed. I've heard rumors about Spalding, but I think those are only rumors. If I had a magic wand I would make a two division DMV Catholic Athletic Conference with a Baltimore and a Washington Division. Gilman and Mcdonogh would end up having to go independent. That conference would probably be the toughest conference in the nation.

Exactly. Chesepeake Region Catholic League. Schools with similar mission and ideals.

Gotta agree with you Guru Mafoon sounds like a foolsball on this one

Driveby, if AW owns Carroll then why your special emphasis that AW makes all the decisions for the school. Owners tend to do that Sniper. You think you got a chill when I mentioned I attended Hampton High, that pales to the flat out gut busting laughter I experienced when you told us you were a G-Unit white boy from Chevy Chase who attended a NE boarding school and DeMatha. Now that's OG goofball chillin'..... :D

But yes, as a military brat and member myself, I did live in many places to include TX, MS, VA, DC, IN, HI, MD, and other stateside locations, and overseas. I've experienced the world beyond a NE boarding school and Hyattsville, oh -- and Chevy Chase.

You obviously don't understand how ABC works so stop trying. Wikipedia isn't going to help you nor is comparing it to a regular ownership situation. If you want to search the DC board archives for an in-depth analysis, it's there. This is not your comfort zone, DW. Daywalk away.

And no, you didn't bust out in laughter when I said either of those things. I had to explain to you how headmasters of boarding schools are judged because you had zero clue. My race and where I'm from was dug up from your towel boy. It was months down the road before you even knew that was posted since it was just nonsense minutiae between GA and I in a scores thread. If anything, that whole deal just reminded me that someone is always lonely enough to be watching your every move on an anonymous high school football forum....

Baltimore team in location only. Kingsley from NC, Miller, Swann, Brightwell and Wiley from Delaware, Robinson from Bowie, John from Lanham, Coley from Aberdeen via ECA and yes 3 from Baltimore Thomas via ECA, McDowell via Douglass and Wright the only non transfer. Sounds like a Baltimore team to me

Damn, that makes it even more impressive that SFA won the MIAA with only 14 players. Those guys were true iron men!

You obviously don't understand how ABC works so stop trying. Wikipedia isn't going to help you nor is comparing it to a regular ownership situation. If you want to search the DC board archives for an in-depth analysis, it's there. This is not your comfort zone, DW. Daywalk away.

And no, you didn't bust out in laughter when I said either of those things. I had to explain to you how headmasters of boarding schools are judged because you had zero clue. My race and where I'm from was dug up from your towel boy. It was months down the road before you even knew that was posted since it was just nonsense minutiae between GA and I in a scores thread. If anything, that whole deal just reminded me that someone is always lonely enough to be watching your every move on an anonymous high school football forum....

No need for me to Google Driveby.  What I don't know or haven't experienced myself, I know and have relationships with folks like Robert Harris.  Do you know him?  Have you ever even spoken to him.  Your world is centered around DeMatha.  My world and experiences are far more vast Sniper....

For pure entertainment value, I'm all for throwing the intellectual towel in the ring and resorting to insults, but damn, you gotta make sure it's a good one. I'm not sure that calling someone Kellyann Conway is an even an insult. I mean...aren't her and Kushner given the most credit for winning the last presidential election of the United States of America? Just because I probably couldn't sit in a room with the woman, doesn't mean that I can't climb out of my feelings enough to know that she gets ish done and is great at her job. Whoever decided to blow this thread up with the promised hope of 72 virgins on the other side gave a fat and lazy attempt.

She makes a fool of herself everyday including the now epic and historical gaffe, "Bowling Green Massacre." That's one of many misquotes, "alternative facts" and outright lies she has blurted out in the last 18 months. Most level-headed people know it was an extreme insult. Edited by TheGuru

Exactly. Chesepeake Region Catholic League. Schools with similar mission and ideals.

HHHmmm.....this is news to me Hack.  What Chesapeake Region are you talking about???  This sounds like the Tidewater area I lived in for a minute.

Oh, and speaking of schools with similar missions, what education mission differences say Calvert Hall or Gilman or Carroll, or DeMatha would have from say River Hill, Quince Orchard, Franklin. or Hereford????

Edited by DayWalker

The Baltimore-Washington Catholic Athletic Conference would be perfect. McDonogh, Woodberry Forest and Gilman should find a way to get into the IAC.

Woodberry Forest is unfortunately de-emphasizing football so I don't think the IAC is in the cards. There's a lot of tension in the IAC already with Episcopal School bringing in kids from all over and a lot of people aren't happy with Bullis either. The IAC members also threw a fit several years ago over Georgetown Prep having an advantage for having a larger student body than the rest of the IAC and Gilman has more students than GP.

Calvert Hall and Loyola wouldn't join a DMV Catholic Conference unless they worked around the Turkey Bowl. I'm not sure Loyola would join even if they got that worked out. They don't seem committed to athletics success.

I've also heard talk that Spalding is talking to the WCAC, but only second hand. I know a lot of Spalding people and they've said nothing about it.

Whiny lil b_itches...  Whiny lil b_itches....  You privates are just a bunch of whiny lil b_itches!

The name of the game in privates is deep pockets and buying teams from wherever but you all b_itch like whiny lil b_itches when others buy better.

And your dumb *** is praising the same group that you were downing in years past for buying a team. Now explain that dumb ***

And your dumb *** is praising the same group that you were downing in years past for buying a team. Now explain that dumb ***

Get a clue.....I praise NOTHING that doesn't deserve it; I just call it as it is, for privates it's mercenary high school football  --  To Be The Best, Pay Best!  Is that explanation enough for a doormat who doesn't know the meaning of winning cause you don't pay....enuff!!!!  :P

Edited by DayWalker

When your the best you don't have to pay. Scholarships Lol

When your the best you don't have to pay. Scholarships Lol

Athletic scholarships for high school football.....  Do Tell.

Nope Academic more important than athletic any day

No need for me to Google Driveby.  What I don't know or haven't experienced myself, I know and have relationships with folks like Robert Harris.  Do you know him?  Have you ever even spoken to him.  Your world is centered around DeMatha.  My world and experiences are far more vast Sniper....

I don't know him, but he seems like a great guy from the feedback that my family members(Carroll alums) relay. Don't flatter yourself with your vast worldly experiences. You know very little beyond your google search engine... 

Woodberry Forest is unfortunately de-emphasizing football so I don't think the IAC is in the cards. There's a lot of tension in the IAC already with Episcopal School bringing in kids from all over and a lot of people aren't happy with Bullis either. The IAC members also threw a fit several years ago over Georgetown Prep having an advantage for having a larger student body than the rest of the IAC and Gilman has more students than GP.

Calvert Hall and Loyola wouldn't join a DMV Catholic Conference unless they worked around the Turkey Bowl. I'm not sure Loyola would join even if they got that worked out. They don't seem committed to athletics success.

I've also heard talk that Spalding is talking to the WCAC, but only second hand. I know a lot of Spalding people and they've said nothing about it.

I thought WF and Episcopal were in an arms race for football. Is WF waiving the white flag?

I'd take Spalding in the WCAC.

She makes a fool of herself everyday including the now epic and historical gaffe, "Bowling Green Massacre." That's one of many misquotes, "alternative facts" and outright lies she has blurted out in the last 18 months. Most level-headed people know it was an extreme insult.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think most level headed people can see that the media is watching her like a hawk and waiting for any type of slip up. That has never happened to a Counselor to the President in our history. A Counselor to the President has also never had to have a secret service detail assigned to them. She's the liberal media's worst enemy and they are making her pay for it right now. I definitely laugh at all of the meme's and articles that mock her, but can also understand that she's great at her job. Maybe I'm just so numb to politics that this stuff doesn't bother me.

I don't know him, but he seems like a great guy from the feedback that my family members(Carroll alums) relay. Don't flatter yourself with your vast worldly experiences. You know very little beyond your google search engine... 

But you say my knowledge is of Google but that's more likely your knowledge limits.  Well, Google and DC Stiffs Sports Fan message board, that is for you.  You wanted to debate ABC rhetorically asking I guess if one had walked the halls of Arch Carroll like you've done and indicatng you are so familiar with the program.  Yet you don't even know the head coach and you're a WCAC jack!  But I know Coach Robert Harris and before he returned to his alma when he was at Surrattsville where he left after his son graduated I also know.  And I knew Coach Harris before he took over at Surrattsville when he was at Bladensburg.

Because of my background and experiences, I'm no one team homie like you homie, with the NE boarding school education and a harsh Chevy Chase g-Unit disposition.  :P .

Spalding isn't going anywhere

Shhhhhhhh....these WHACK WCAC jacks really think so many programs are lined up for an opportunity to be among the Anchor Four when if facts the mortality rate of that league in mighty high.  RIP SM Ryken,  RIP O'Connell.  RIP GT Prep.  RIP PVI. 

ABC's enrollment and almost total lack of full paying students are absolutely crushing the sports program. The influx of wealthy families that are set on building roots in the neighborhood could change that in a hurry. ABC can't start taking the correct steps with their football program until the bottom level needs of the school are addressed. Have you walked the halls there recently? The Archdiocese of Washington runs the show there now because without them, ABC would of shut down years ago. Do you think tey care about a winning football team right now? They just want the place to float on it's own...I thought this was common knowledge in DC.

Im up there almost everyday. They cant attract talent to compete in the WCAC and thats because of the *** whoopings they take every year. Top kids dont want to be a part of it. Since 2010 they are 21-43 with 2 winning seasons. I dont see the Pride in getting your head bashed in and playing for absolutely nothing. I would send my kid to McKinley Tech first and give him a chance to play for a league and DCSAA championship. How many ABC kids signed NLI's this week?