• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#241 BigDrop

BigDrop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Sorry to interrupt the gibberish, but it looks like St. John's is playing national top 10 St. John's Bosco(CA) in DC and DeLaSalle(CA) in northern California in 2017. Ballsy. Kind of weird how they went from stomping the Bullis' of the world, 40-0, to challenging themselves against two preseason national top 10 teams in a matter of years.

I'm surprised more top out of state programs having come here to play:  we are in Washington, D. C. which is one of the most important cities on earth.  As for St. John Bosco, they are superb.  Last year the best of the California teams, one of the very best in America.

#242 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

I'm surprised more top out of state programs having come here to play: we are in Washington, D. C. which is one of the most important cities on earth. As for St. John Bosco, they are superb. Last year the best of the California teams, one of the very best in America.

I think IMG and SJR come to DC(SJC) this season also. Last year SJC hit the road hard OOS. Another NJ blue blood is playing a MD private, but I don't think that's public knowledge yet. I know the Miami Central squad had a blast when they came up for their DeMatha game. I wouldn't be surprised if American Heritage Plantation(FL) pays DM a return visit next season also.

#243 BigDrop

BigDrop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

I think IMG and SJR come to DC(SJC) this season also. Last year SJC hit the road hard OOS. Another NJ blue blood is playing a MD private, but I don't think that's public knowledge yet. I know the Miami Central squad had a blast when they came up for their DeMatha game. I wouldn't be surprised if American Heritage Plantation(FL) pays DM a return visit next season also.

Silverbullet, please post on the national board.  I started a thread based on your post but you should have the lead.

Miami Central must have had 300-400 people travel up from South Florida.  For Florida, for California this is like our going to Vegas.  It's more than the game-it's also where it's at.

#244 BigDrop

BigDrop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

I believe the DeMatha players of '15 would say that AHP was the best team they played all year.  Of note, is the week before that DeMatha game in South Florida, AHP beat IMG in a "preseason game."

#245 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:37 AM

Damn, four consecutive bored stiff pimpin' posts better served for your own DC Bored Stiffs Sports Fan message board; the very type of posts that made your DC abode the cemetery it is.  Geeezzzz!!!  You two DC Reclass Mercenary U. homers just killed this thread.....RIP   :huh:

Yep, you two are certainly Just Built Different...

#246 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:52 AM

Damn, four consecutive bored stiff pimpin' posts better served for your own DC Bored Stiffs Sports Fan message board; the very type of posts that made your DC abode the cemetery it is. Geeezzzz!!! You two DC Reclass Mercenary U. homers just killed this thread.....RIP :huh:

Yep, you two are certainly Just Built Different...

Two DeMatha guys just killed the DeMatha schedule thread? Why are you even clicking on this to begin with? You bring nothing to the table beside an agenda born from envy.

Edited by Silverbullet, 16 February 2017 - 09:47 AM.

#247 dunkone

dunkone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:04 PM

The high school football graveyard is full of "battle tested" teams who have come up short.  Your so-called top teams are the ones who don't lose or lose very very infrequently and not teams who learned a lesson by losing and overcame.  The top teams are bad@zzes from the get go who continue to be so thru to the end.  Come on dude, come on.....WHACK WCAC teams don't prepare or get ready by who they play but rather by who they buy to come in to play.  DeMatha and Good Counsel have just been better purchasers of talent than Saint John's.  SJC thought they bought a smoker team last season and they did BUT.....came up short  ---- Graveyard!

Like your Richmond vs New Hampshire and Wisconsin vs LSU statement, I just don't get what 2016 Wise has to do with this. But you would be gravely mistaken to think Wise felt it could just waltz through 4A without much prep.  I saw their prep folks in the stands of opponents they were to face all year long from summer passing leagues / August scrimmages to weeks ahead of the title game against QO.  Parrish takes nothing for granted.

In the case of the stags, you don't think the beat downs they took up in NJ (SJR) and PA a few years back prepared them for WCAC play and for future games vs miami central, AHP for example? everyone from coaches to players  in that program had to step up to be able to travel and compete against top teams nationally..it was a different level of coaching, mental toughness, focus, preparedness etc..you don't get that by crushing local teams..i would think some lessons was learned by  those kids in particular who took those losses and rebounded to win their conference...hopefully some lessons about picking themselves off the ground that they will carry for the rest of their lives..as we all know they will need those skills in this life..

#248 BigDrop

BigDrop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:56 PM

In the case of the stags, you don't think the beat downs they took up in NJ (SJR) and PA a few years back prepared them for WCAC play and for future games vs miami central, AHP for example? everyone from coaches to players  in that program had to step up to be able to travel and compete against top teams nationally..it was a different level of coaching, mental toughness, focus, preparedness etc..you don't get that by crushing local teams..i would think some lessons was learned by  those kids in particular who took those losses and rebounded to win their conference...hopefully some lessons about picking themselves off the ground that they will carry for the rest of their lives..as we all know they will need those skills in this life..

Excellent post.  A pleasure to read.

#249 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

Excellent post. A pleasure to read.

anything pro Dematha to you is an excellent post, you're one of the reasons the dc board is dead , what you trying to do kill us too

#250 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

anything pro Dematha to you is an excellent post, you're one of the reasons the dc board is dead , what you trying to do kill us too

Haha. Not so at all. The reasons for the DC board's demise are pretty easy to understand if you were there a few years ago. The personal attacks got old and the forum format remained low tech. The guys that are still around are pretty knowledgeable concerning the DC landscape, so there are some great topics from time to time. The personal attacks that I am referring to ranged from hilarious, but serious requests to meet somewhere and go head up in a hitting drill, to calling out coaches(legends) by name for ruining their kids college recruitment, to some pretty racist remarks about DeMatha when the new staff took over(wink wink you know who you are)... The admins, if they existed, let the inmates run the prison and prison rules ain't for the real world. Oh, the good old days...

Edited by Silverbullet, 16 February 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#251 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

Haha. Not so at all. The reasons for the DC board's demise are pretty easy to understand if you were there a few years ago. The personal attacks got old and the forum format remained low tech. The guys that are still around are pretty knowledgeable concerning the DC landscape, so there are some great topics from time to time. The personal attacks that I am referring to ranged from hilarious, but serious requests to meet somewhere and go head up in a hitting drill, to calling out coaches(legends) by name for ruining their kids college recruitment, to some pretty racist remarks about DeMatha when the new staff took over(wink wink you know who you are)... The admins, if they existed, let the inmates run the prison and prison rules ain't for the real world. Oh, the good old days...

I read it daily it was pretty good but the homerism from some was just nauseating

#252 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:33 AM

Haha. Not so at all. The reasons for the DC board's demise are pretty easy to understand if you were there a few years ago. The personal attacks got old and the forum format remained low tech. The guys that are still around are pretty knowledgeable concerning the DC landscape, so there are some great topics from time to time. The personal attacks that I am referring to ranged from hilarious, but serious requests to meet somewhere and go head up in a hitting drill, to calling out coaches(legends) by name for ruining their kids college recruitment, to some pretty racist remarks about DeMatha when the new staff took over(wink wink you know who you are)... The admins, if they existed, let the inmates run the prison and prison rules ain't for the real world. Oh, the good old days...

The DC Bored Stiffs' Sports Fan message board should be renamed just DeMatha Stiffs.  That was the demise of that cesspool.

Just look at the main page of exclusive private events photos......  And now you and some of your ilk want to PIMP your bad@zz DeMatha b.itches here and BigDroop even wants to go national bored stiff with Dem-ho's.  :P

Edited by DayWalker, 17 February 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#253 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:41 AM

DeMatha's "beat down they took in NJ (SJR) and PA a few years back prepared them for WCAC play and for future games vs Miami, AHP" as much as DeMatha's WCAC WHACK off at NC (Hillside) with some after hours transgender players did....  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users