• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Agreed. Both of those guys are now 27 yrs old. That's not "young" in baseball. And at 27, neither guy has been able to stand up to mlb hitters. I don't think I'm prematurely giving up on them. If they were 6 yrs younger, I'd say there's a chance. 

I'd roll out Ynoa, Lee or Aquino before I'd try these two "never will be's".  You know Buck will try and shove Wright down our throats though.  He loves that guy.  He has taken TJs place. 

#62 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

I posted an article about Brady. Wright plays an interesting role in that article. Brady compared him to Britton. He said Britton was a guy whose star was dimmed from coaching that was compatible with his talents. Once things got straightened out, Britton became who he is. Brady thinks Wright was suffering that same fate, and believes McDowell will get him on track.

I'm not sure how much I believe that, but I like the idea that a switch will be flipped. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#63 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

I posted an article about Brady. Wright plays an interesting role in that article. Brady compared him to Britton. He said Britton was a guy whose star was dimmed from coaching that was compatible with his talents. Once things got straightened out, Britton became who he is. Brady thinks Wright was suffering that same fate, and believes McDowell will get him on track.

I'm not sure how much I believe that, but I like the idea that a switch will be flipped. 

I hope this is the case, but who fixed Britton???  The same guys who screwed up Wright, eh??   We are on a slippery slope here with Brady.  Guys who are buddies  go running to Brady when they aren't cutting the mustard and its the coaches fault.  And it can be argued Brady has unchecked power because he is tight with Angelos and Baby A no. 2.  But Buck and DD seem to have taken this arrangement well or they are afraid to speak out.

I'm still not sure how to take this dynamic.  If the results are there I'm good.

#64 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

With Brady wielding so much power, my money is now on Wright to get the starts for Tillman!!!

#65 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,504 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

With Brady wielding so much power, my money is now on Wright to get the starts for Tillman!!!

Ha.

Probably gotta go with the hot hand out of ST.

#66 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

Ha.

Probably gotta go with the hot hand out of ST.

The hot hand is whoever Buck says it is.  If wright is still upright come 30 Mar, he be the man.  McDowell has fixed him, LOL.  

#67 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

Has anyone seen the O's give out an official diagnosis for Tillman's shoulder soreness?  I must of missed it.  I remember when the Bundy/Harvey kept having forearm tightness for months and bingo its TJ surgery. I'm just worried this isn't going away and the season will be sunk.  Well at least we aren't on the hook for a big fat contract extension.

#68 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,707 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

The Orioles are aiming for a May 10 return for right-hander Chris Tillman, manager Buck Showalter informed David Hall of MLB.com. Tillman has been dealing with a shoulder issue since early in the offseason, though he does feel good about the progress he has made, per Hall. When he comes back, not only will Tillman try to help pitch the Orioles to another playoff berth, but the free agent-to-be will attempt to make a case for a rich contract.

#69 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

Jeremy Guthrie agreed to go to AAA for the Nats. He had a great spring. We should have offered him a spot on the 25 man roster.

Edited by Manny, 02 April 2017 - 08:00 PM.

#70 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

The Orioles are aiming for a May 10 return for right-hander Chris Tillman, manager Buck Showalter informed David Hall of MLB.com. Tillman has been dealing with a shoulder issue since early in the offseason, though he does feel good about the progress he has made, per Hall. When he comes back, not only will Tillman try to help pitch the Orioles to another playoff berth, but the free agent-to-be will attempt to make a case for a rich contract.

Again no details on exact problem. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users