Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

37 Mental Health Experts Sign A Letter Warning Of Trump's 'Grave Emotional Instability'

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,613 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

Time to grab the butterfly net:

37 psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers said in a joint letter published in the New York Times dated Monday that President Donald Trump is unfit to be president.

"We believe that the grave emotional instability indicated by Mr. Trump’s speech and actions makes him incapable of serving safely as president," the letter reads.

As the mental health experts acknowledge in the letter, it's unusual for people in their position to take a position on the well-being of a public figure.

In 1973 ,the American Psychiatric Association (APA) banned members from speculating about the mental health of people they have not personally examined. Termed the "Goldwater Rule," the APA adopted it in part to respond to some psychiatrists who had made some ill-advised statements about 1964 Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.

https://www.yahoo.co...l-sh&soc_trk=fb

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#2 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,398 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:41 PM

I'm starting to think they're right.

The other options are stupid or traitorous.

#3 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:18 AM

Well, it's obvious he suffers from narcissism. All the classic symptoms are there. 

Donny's loopy as a cross eyed cowboy. 

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#4 Lombardi6

Lombardi6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:43 AM

The Huffington Post said 97% of the worlds social workers agree. It's settled psychology. Spread the word.

#5 Twister

Twister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:29 AM

37 psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers said in a joint letter published in the New York Times dated Monday that President Donald Trump is unfit to be president.

"We believe that the grave emotional instability indicated by Mr. Trump’s speech and actions makes him incapable of serving safely as president," the letter reads.

As the mental health experts acknowledge in the letter, it's unusual for people in their position to take a position on the well-being of a public figure.

In 1973 ,the American Psychiatric Association (APA) banned members from speculating about the mental health of people they have not personally examined. Termed the "Goldwater Rule," the APA adopted it in part to respond to some psychiatrists who had made some ill-advised statements about 1964 Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.

Those expert opinions (and $3.50) gets you a Happy Meal, including a toy, at McDonald's.

25 Amendment!  25 Amendment! 25th Amendment!

The liberal meltdown, it gets better every day!

#6 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,888 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:09 AM

The Huffington Post said 97% of the worlds social workers agree. It's settled psychology. Spread the word.

Link?
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#7 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:26 AM

So will these people quit their profession since they went against the ban..?? Or these doctor's think it didn't mean what it said ....

Did any of the Goldwater statements influence the election .?? Would Vietnam have turned out differently ......

#8 mcorioles

mcorioles

Hypocrisy Exposer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,190 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

LOL another opinion piece touted as gospel by the Libs.

Pace yourselves 4 years is a long time.

#9 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

Well look who's back from his, er... vacation. :)

#10 com6063

com6063

Working out my salvation in fear and trembling.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,820 posts
  • LocationDark side of a bog

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:58 AM

They have not examined him, so they have been unethical from a professional perspective; should probably have their licenses revoked, at least temporarily.

"Pray, hope, and don't worry." — St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

#11 microg

microg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

They have not examined him, so they have been unethical from a professional perspective; should probably have their licenses revoked, at least temporarily.

^^^^^ This.

#12 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Those expert opinions (and $3.50) gets you a Happy Meal, including a toy, at McDonald's.

25 Amendment!  25 Amendment! 25th Amendment!

The liberal meltdown, it gets better every day!

Thanks for your insightful contribution to the thread. Your hair looks really nice today.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#13 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:30 AM

Jeremiah 5:21.

#14 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,480 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

This

#15 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90,791 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Its a funny comment, considering how ethically impaired our president is.

"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#16 Rocketwolf

Rocketwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,670 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

I'm starting to think they're right.

The other options are stupid or traitorous.

I'm going with stupid and politically inexperienced, because their "expertise" is obviously colored by their political beliefs.

Ill bet you the isn't a non left wing Dem or even a middle of the road type among them.

I trust the Police
more than I trust President Obama

#17 FourTwenty

FourTwenty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:03 AM

I'm going with stupid and politically inexperienced, because their "expertise" is obviously colored by their political beliefs.

Ill bet you the isn't a non left wing Dem or even a middle of the road type among them.

If that is true, it's because they know Rightism is a mental illness.

#18 com6063

com6063

Working out my salvation in fear and trembling.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,820 posts
  • LocationDark side of a bog

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Okay, but what does that have to do with it? I didn't know you were a Scripture expert now. ;)

"Pray, hope, and don't worry." — St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

#19 Rocketwolf

Rocketwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,670 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

If that is true, it's because they know Rightism is a mental illness.

Just like Leftism is.

I trust the Police
more than I trust President Obama

#20 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

Okay, but what does that have to do with it? I didn't know you were a Scripture expert now. ;)

It has everything to do with it. Donny's behavior is consistent with narcissistic personality behavior disorder. It is so obvious that those who deny it are just refusing to see it. And I'm very disappointed with your snarky Scripture comment. You are setting a great example for your fellow blinder wearing Trump supporters.  

Edited by FatBoy, 15 February 2017 - 11:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users