Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thirteen

Now the idiots are boycotting Wegman's

139 posts in this topic

Their loss. Wegmen's is high quality.

Yeah, makes no sense to boycott the entire store.  Just don't buy the wine.

I have to compliment Wegmans for actually putting all of their prices online and not just the sale items.  I don't go there often because I feel like I'm too subpar of a person to go in there and there are several other stores closer to me.

I'll be driving to Wegman's tonight to purchase a bottle.

The whole boycotting thing is stupid but I do get tired of companies getting political and choosing sides. 

The whole boycotting thing is stupid but I do get tired of companies getting political and choosing sides. 

And that's exactly why these idiots are boycotting Wegman's...because Wegman's WON'T choose a side.  Wegman's is simply continuing to sell a product that they've sold for years, even before Trump bought the winery.  But now, because Wegman's won't drop it, their precious sensibilities are damaged and they won't shop at Wegman's anymore.  Boo friggin' hoo.

Going to be driving there with that $4 a gallon gas you predicted?

Obama was disconnected from investments.

Sure. He never earned a penny from his books.  :rolleyes:

I like Wegmans. I wish they came this far south.

I like Wegmans. I wish they came this far south.

I'm sure they will get there eventually.

Obama was disconnected from investments.

LOL.  And you are disconnected from reality.  

Are you 100% sure about that claim? The man is worth over 12 million he had to have some investments.

Absolutely sure.

$3.2 Million in salary

$7 Million in book royalties from books published before he was elected (which are not investments).

He received an inheritance when his grandmother passed of ~500k in Bank of Hawaii stock, which was sold a few months later at a $125k loss.

He earned several million from the advances and royalties on his books, before taking office.

Edited by karlydee2

Absolutely sure.

$3.2 Million in salary

$7 Million in book royalties from books published before he was elected (which are not investments).

He received an inheritance when his grandmother passed of ~500k in Bank of Hawaii stock, which was sold a few months later at a $125k loss.

He earned several million from the advances and royalties on his books, before taking office.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/20/how-barack-obama-has-made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/#88ed5454d488

Over the next eight years, the Obamas made $10.8 million. Obama reported earnings of $3.1 million before taxes from his presidential salary (averaging $392,000 a year). Roughly $120,000 came from interest and dividends on investment holdings, which included U.S. treasury bills and an array of diversified funds.

The Obamas also turned into philanthropists. From 2000 to 2004, they disclosed charitable donations of just $10,770 on their tax returns, less than 1% of their total earnings. But from 2005 to 2015, they gave away $1.6 million, or 8% of their earnings.

Obama made less money every year he stayed in the Oval Office. His earnings started at $5.6 million in 2009 before dropping to $450,000 by 2015, as royalties from his books declined. He has not released his 2016 tax returns, but there is no indication that his earnings picked up during his final year in office.

He had investment income and book royalties while in office.

I always forget, is it Red or White that goes with Freedom Fries???

There's dedication for you. :D

It's salt and vinegar for me. Then again perhaps the orange one's wine could substitute the vinegar.

That depends. Are you going to put ketchup, gravy or vinegar on them?

Generally I use Matouk's....hmmmm.

It's salt and vinegar for me. Then again perhaps the orange one's wine could substitute the vinegar.

One reviewer claimed it was okay except for botox notes.  This is over 20 bucks a bottle wine. They could go to Trader Joes and pick up a bottle of Charles Shaw (Two Buck Chuck) and have the same fun. PLus if you need antifreeze it saves on buying that as well.

One reviewer claimed it was okay except for botox notes.  This is over 20 bucks a bottle wine. They could go to Trader Joes and pick up a bottle of Charles Shaw (Two Buck Chuck) and have the same fun. PLus if you need antifreeze it saves on buying that as well.

For 20 bucks (~15 quid) I can buy some seriously decent wine. Personally, I prefer a decent cask or bottle conditioned ale, but then again, that's just me.

"boycotters" usually didn't and wouldn't even patronize their targets anyway

I was wondering about that. I've seen it at our local liquor store but haven't tried it. 

On your recommendation, perhaps I will. If I don't like it, I can always jump on here an whine about it.  B)

The winery is south of Charlottesville. It used to be Kluge. Its also right down the road from a winery owned by Dave Matthews.

The 2014 Chardonnay is pretty good. Their Meritage red blend is good as well.

But it makes the boycotters feel good, like they're doing something to save the country from whatever it is they imagine Trump is going to do.

For 20 bucks (~15 quid) I can buy some seriously decent wine. Personally, I prefer a decent cask or bottle conditioned ale, but then again, that's just me.

You're not alone...