Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thirteen

Now the idiots are boycotting Wegman's

139 posts in this topic

Boycott, schmoycott!! Are these clowns so arrogant as to believe that anyone takes their idiotic protests seriously?

I think Kevin Plank should have given them a two-finger salute and said, "get stuffed."

I identified the royalties he earned in office -- $7 million -- royalties are not investments - 

The treasury bonds/bills and mutual funds he owned need not be placed in a blind trust:

"According to documents Obama filed in May of 2009 (another round is due next month), most of the first family's money is invested in plain vanilla U.S. Treasury bonds. Those are the kinds of low-yield investments that are unlikely to provoke any conflict of interest concerns."

""There's no blessed reason why you would set up a blind trust for that kind of investment," Gross said of Obama. "He's got his money in exactly the kinds of investments that don't require a blind trust.""

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/16/AR2010041603420.html

In other words he invested in the US Treasury

I always forget, is it Red or White that goes with Freedom Fries???

For "Underachievers", it doesn't matter what color the Boone's Farm is.

I think Kevin Plank should have given them a two-finger salute and said, "get stuffed."

Did I miss something? Are they boycotting UA too? I don't subscribe to the Post, so I didn't read the article. 

People are free to shop where they want and buy (or not) buy certain products

Ain't Capitalism grand?

I know, right?  Gotta love all these folks . . . "The free market is always right!!!" Until . . . the free market does something they don't like.  :D

People absolutely have the right to shop wherever they want. And I have the right to say I think it's stupid. I'll buy products that best suit my needs, and shop in stores that best serve my needs without regard of who they politically back. Same with listening to music, watching TV or movies. I disagree with just about every political position Bruce Springsteen takes and every candidate he backs, but that doesn't stop me from listening to his music because I like it. And while their at it, are all these dedicated people not riding in cars or taking mass transportation, or using gas and electricity to heat and light their homes? Because the energy companies are all pro Trump. If they aren't boycotting those things then they are being selectively hypocritical. Good luck to them.  :P

People absolutely have the right to shop wherever they want. And I have the right to say I think it's stupid. I'll buy products that best suit my needs, and shop in stores that best serve my needs without regard of who they politically back. Same with listening to music, watching TV or movies. I disagree with just about every political position Bruce Springsteen takes and every candidate he backs, but that doesn't stop me from listening to his music because I like it. And while their at it, are all these dedicated people not riding in cars or taking mass transportation, or using gas and electricity to heat and light their homes? Because the energy companies are all pro Trump. If they aren't boycotting those things then they are being selectively hypocritical. Good luck to them.  :P

Agreed. I've always loved Madonna's music. However, she's a fading star, and that doesn't sit well with some egos in that profession. Thus, the opportunity to not only be top billing in the Women 's March, but the microphone to declare she's thought about blowing up the White House. It worked, ....last week. Nobody's talking about her this week.

I only live a couple miles from Madonna.

Give her my best, next time you see her.

Used to live nestled between two lovely glens:  Glen Burnie and Glenn L Martin. 

I am married to Madonna ......

The sudden urge to boycott all things Trump kind of cracks me up. He was the same exact person before he became President as he is since he became President. It's not like he was never in the news and people didn't know who he was.

Why didn't that chapter of NOW boycott Wegmans last year? If having his product in the store is so horrible now wouldn't it have been just as horrible then? I can't buy the whole it's because he shouldn't profit from it as President.

He has owned the winery since 2011 and they just decide to boycott now.

Trump bought the property, formerly Kluge Estate Winery and Vineyard, for $6.2 million in a 2011 foreclosure auction.

I just think it is more selective indignation. If they want to boycott more power to them but as has been said by Wegmans boycott the product and they will stop selling it you don't need to boycott the whole store.

Those who boycott against Trump are seen as idiots but those who boycott for Trump are not.  Fascinating. 

Those who boycott against Trump are seen as idiots but those who boycott for Trump are not.  Fascinating.

As I said in the other thread, they're idiots, too.

I am married to Madonna ......

I corrected the spelling...

It's Madea. :lol:

I corrected the spelling...

It's Madea. :lol:

My wife's name is Madonna ........

My wife's name is Madonna ........

OOPS!

I'm busted. :eek:

I'm not familiar with a boycott that has ever worked, can someone name one?

The sudden urge to boycott all things Trump kind of cracks me up. He was the same exact person before he became President as he is since he became President. It's not like he was never in the news and people didn't know who he was.

Before he became president, nobody had to *care* that he was an egomaniacal, thin-skinned, semi-literate, woman-assaulting ignoramus; he was a private citizen, free to be as yuuuuuuuge a jerk as he wanted to be, and we could all go about our business without paying the least bit of attention to him. 

Now he's the bloated, spray-tanned, wig-bedecked face of the United States of America to the world, breaking all the glassware as he flails around, trying to figure out how to do a job for which he is manifestly unqualified.  He's our problem now.

I'm not familiar with a boycott that has ever worked, can someone name one?

The Montgomery Bus Boycott comes to mind . . .

Man, you only had to go back almost 62 years to find one.

And that's a little different than not shopping at a grocery store because you don't like the guy who was elected President.

Edited by Thirteen

Man, you only had to go back almost 62 years to find one.

And that's a little different than not shopping at a grocery store because you don't like the guy who was elected President.

:P  I was being just a teensy bit snarky with that one . . . come on, man, it's Black History Month, you hear the word "boycott" and don't think of Montgomery? 

But now you're moving the goalposts (like, all the way out of the stadium) with the additional qualifiers on your original question.  Now it's not just "any boycott that has ever worked," it's "not shopping because you don't the like the guy who was elected President."  It might be difficult to find an example fitting your more narrow question, because the nation has never so virulently, and so quickly, disliked its newly-elected President.  It's another record for Trump, although one he's not likely to keep on bringing up in appropriate venues, like when he's answering a question about anti-Semitism in a joint press conference with another world leader  :rolleyes:  -- lowest approval ratings ever for a President in office less than a month.  ;):D

Oddly enought, the Montgomery bus boycott did not work. It was a federal lawsuit that integrated the buses.