138 replies to this topic

#41 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,049 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

I'll be driving to Wegman's tonight to purchase a bottle.

There's dedication for you. :D
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

#42 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,049 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

I always forget, is it Red or White that goes with Freedom Fries???

It's salt and vinegar for me. Then again perhaps the orange one's wine could substitute the vinegar.

#43 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,256 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

That depends. Are you going to put ketchup, gravy or vinegar on them?

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#44 Norman

Norman

Go away you little gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,082 posts
  • LocationCoke Butler

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

Generally I use Matouk's....hmmmm.

#45 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,811 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

It's salt and vinegar for me. Then again perhaps the orange one's wine could substitute the vinegar.

One reviewer claimed it was okay except for botox notes.  This is over 20 bucks a bottle wine. They could go to Trader Joes and pick up a bottle of Charles Shaw (Two Buck Chuck) and have the same fun. PLus if you need antifreeze it saves on buying that as well.

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#46 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,049 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

One reviewer claimed it was okay except for botox notes.  This is over 20 bucks a bottle wine. They could go to Trader Joes and pick up a bottle of Charles Shaw (Two Buck Chuck) and have the same fun. PLus if you need antifreeze it saves on buying that as well.

For 20 bucks (~15 quid) I can buy some seriously decent wine. Personally, I prefer a decent cask or bottle conditioned ale, but then again, that's just me.

#47 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,028 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

"boycotters" usually didn't and wouldn't even patronize their targets anyway

#48 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,179 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

I was wondering about that. I've seen it at our local liquor store but haven't tried it. 

On your recommendation, perhaps I will. If I don't like it, I can always jump on here an whine about it.  :cool:

The winery is south of Charlottesville. It used to be Kluge. Its also right down the road from a winery owned by Dave Matthews.

The 2014 Chardonnay is pretty good. Their Meritage red blend is good as well.

#49 VOSA

VOSA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

Yeah, makes no sense to boycott the entire store.  Just don't buy the wine.

But it makes the boycotters feel good, like they're doing something to save the country from whatever it is they imagine Trump is going to do.

#50 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

For 20 bucks (~15 quid) I can buy some seriously decent wine. Personally, I prefer a decent cask or bottle conditioned ale, but then again, that's just me.

You're not alone...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#51 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

Boycott, schmoycott!! Are these clowns so arrogant as to believe that anyone takes their idiotic protests seriously?

#52 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,251 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

Under Armor did.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#53 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

I think Kevin Plank should have given them a two-finger salute and said, "get stuffed."

#54 karlydee2

karlydee2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

http://www.forbes.co...n/#88ed5454d488

He had investment income and book royalties while in office.

I identified the royalties he earned in office -- $7 million -- royalties are not investments - 

The treasury bonds/bills and mutual funds he owned need not be placed in a blind trust:

"According to documents Obama filed in May of 2009 (another round is due next month), most of the first family's money is invested in plain vanilla U.S. Treasury bonds. Those are the kinds of low-yield investments that are unlikely to provoke any conflict of interest concerns."

""There's no blessed reason why you would set up a blind trust for that kind of investment," Gross said of Obama. "He's got his money in exactly the kinds of investments that don't require a blind trust.""

http://www.washingto...0041603420.html

In other words he invested in the US Treasury

#55 volperdinger

volperdinger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

For "Underachievers", it doesn't matter what color the Boone's Farm is.

#56 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,256 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

I think Kevin Plank should have given them a two-finger salute and said, "get stuffed."

Did I miss something? Are they boycotting UA too? I don't subscribe to the Post, so I didn't read the article. 

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#57 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

People are free to shop where they want and buy (or not) buy certain products

Ain't Capitalism grand?

I know, right?  Gotta love all these folks . . . "The free market is always right!!!" Until . . . the free market does something they don't like.  :D

People absolutely have the right to shop wherever they want. And I have the right to say I think it's stupid. I'll buy products that best suit my needs, and shop in stores that best serve my needs without regard of who they politically back. Same with listening to music, watching TV or movies. I disagree with just about every political position Bruce Springsteen takes and every candidate he backs, but that doesn't stop me from listening to his music because I like it. And while their at it, are all these dedicated people not riding in cars or taking mass transportation, or using gas and electricity to heat and light their homes? Because the energy companies are all pro Trump. If they aren't boycotting those things then they are being selectively hypocritical. Good luck to them.  :P

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#58 volperdinger

volperdinger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

People absolutely have the right to shop wherever they want. And I have the right to say I think it's stupid. I'll buy products that best suit my needs, and shop in stores that best serve my needs without regard of who they politically back. Same with listening to music, watching TV or movies. I disagree with just about every political position Bruce Springsteen takes and every candidate he backs, but that doesn't stop me from listening to his music because I like it. And while their at it, are all these dedicated people not riding in cars or taking mass transportation, or using gas and electricity to heat and light their homes? Because the energy companies are all pro Trump. If they aren't boycotting those things then they are being selectively hypocritical. Good luck to them.  :P

Agreed. I've always loved Madonna's music. However, she's a fading star, and that doesn't sit well with some egos in that profession. Thus, the opportunity to not only be top billing in the Women 's March, but the microphone to declare she's thought about blowing up the White House. It worked, ....last week. Nobody's talking about her this week.

#59 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,256 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

I only live a couple miles from Madonna.

#60 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,049 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

I only live a couple miles from Madonna.

Give her my best, next time you see her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users