Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastsider

Residents protest over immigrant detentions

216 posts in this topic

Unreasonable path...unreasonable path... maybe if I repeat it a hundred more times it will make sense to me.

I think it is an unreasonable path that I must follow to purchase a firearm. I also think it is an unreasonable path I must follow if I want to carry a concealed weapon. I think I drive better than 75% of the people in Md....I think it is unreasonable that I must pass tests to get a license, it is unreasonable that I have to renew said license....since I drive just fine ...thank you very much.

Shall I go on?

Because a LAW is unreasonable from ones viewpoint..in your world...it is OK to ignore it?

My friend that is called anarchy.

See the city if you need examples of ignoring laws because it is unreasonable.

The laws need to be updated.

Kenny,, if the laws were being enforced, as you say, how come there was no "fear" in the illegal-alien community until Trump was elected?

If the laws weren't being enforced , how did 240,000 people get deported last year? Trump isn't doing anything Obama didn't do. He's just talking about it more and you gullible rightys are lapping it up.

Edited by bmore_ken

The laws need to be updated.

MM .... to what?

Throw open the boarders? Cooooommmmmmeeeeee on up? Livings good.

Look, one thing I do know. I would be absolutely besides myself if I immigrated to the US. Did it all the right way. Studied went through all the hoops...became a citizen. And now....the screaming lefties are now saying ....skip that .... you get all the goodies anyway.

Oh heck that sounds like what is destroying BC ...the great society. Just on steroids.

Shess

MM .... to what?

Look, one thing I do know. I would be absolutely besides myself if I immigrated to the US. Did it all the right way. Studied went through all the hoops...became a citizen. And now....the screaming lefties are now saying ....skip that .... you get all the goodies anyway.

Oh heck that sounds like what is destroying BC ...the great society. Just on steroids.

Shess

Have you ever made a post that didn't include an insult at Baltimore City no matter what the actual topic is?

MM .... to what?

Shess

Another type of visa could be in order. That way they're documented at least...why are you so dramatic? Lol

Don't care. Return and re-enter. Legally.

You'll get over it.

That was a weak response, M. Man.

Well why are they able to get jobs?

They are able to get jobs for a few reasons.  One of the biggest is that their employers tend to not follow the law as to taxes and wages.  Second is that if we would quit paying able bodied americans to stay home.  They would take the "jobs americans won't do".

You'll get over it.

Probably not. I will always be against people entering and staying in this country illegally.

If the laws weren't being enforced , how did 240,000 people get deported last year? Trump isn't doing anything Obama didn't do. He's just talking about it more and you gullible rightys are lapping it up.

The rightys are questioning why the protests now. What has changed besides the party now in the White House.

My question why do these politicians still hold their offices? If they took an oath and fail to follow the constitution and the laws of the land they should be terminated from office.

Laws mean nothing if hey can't be enforced. It's not a weakening of laws reformers want rather realistic laws that can be implemented and enforced.

Who says that the existing immigration laws can't be enforced? That there has not been the political will to enforce them does not prove they can't be enforced. 

Who says that the existing immigration laws can't be enforced? That there has not been the political will to enforce them does not prove they can't be enforced. 

The laws are enforced only while the politician looks at their next election ......

Another type of visa could be in order. That way they're documented at least...why are you so dramatic? Lol

MM I was listening to Public Radio the other day and the were discussing 'Green Cards' and other various visas. To summarize the discussion panel agreed on one thing and I paraphrase 'there is already an alphabet soup of visas'.

So what would your visa consist of. A pass to allow people with no jobs skills (except their backs) and families and no English skills and likely bad health care issues from before to come to the US and live? Then get a license, take jobs (admittedly low level entry level jobs) but jobs just the same from legal Americans. Like the inner city kids everyone worries about. Continue to enlarge their families and drawing more resources meant for legal Americans?

Is that the visa you want? Or do you have something else in mind. Prey, do tell.

MM please understand I am not a heartless you know what. I understand why people want to come to America. But I also understand there are laws in place and for good reason. To put it another way, I would really like to have the very cool high end BMW that my neighbor has. Hey why can't I just take it? It's just sitting in the driveway most of the time anyway. Answer, the LAW says you can't. Well in theory at least. :rolleyes:

Kenny, righties may be lapping it up because the laws are actually being enforced and are SEEN to be enforced. And you deluded lefties are panicking.

If Obama was enforcing the laws how come so few -- except the deportees -- noticed.  Did you see any demonstrations across the country about Obama enforcing the immigration laws?  I don't recall any such thing.

Your ability to maintain selective outrage is truly a talent.

This problem of illegal immigration certainly precedes Obama and was allowed to fester by past administrations.  The political will to actually do something about it has been lacking. Now there is an administration with the will to enforce the laws and it's got you all in a dither.

Lefties love the law, when it suits their agenda,, like gun control. Otherwise, not so much.

The laws can certainly be enforced.  You cannot round up 8 million people and deport them, but you can certainly stop turning a blind eye when you discover in a legal manner that someone is here illegally. 

It's true that Trump isn't really doing anything different(yet) that Obama didn't do.  It's also true that hyper-partisan losers are conveniently wetting their pants now that Trump is in power, despite their silence over the past eight years.  It's also true that Trump is threatening to defund Sanctuary Cities, and I think this is where the battle lines are going to be drawn.  It's absolutely the right move, and the sooner the better.  These rogue mayors and politicians who think they can flaunt the federal laws in this land are going to have a major dose of reality handed to them. 

Trump will continue his rhetoric, and maybe some things will come to pass.  IMO, as long as this continues, and he does enact a few things, you're going to see a lot of self deportations.  What he really needs to do along with defunding Sanctuary Cities, is start enforcing the laws on employers hiring illegals.  That is the one thing that will cause more self deportation than anything else.  Obama may have been deporting at a high rate, but what was coming out of his mouth was something quite the opposite.

If we're such a nation of laws then the impeachment process should begin soon.

Amen to that! We can only hope Congress etc. finally discover a set. But I bet it is coming...Trump made a big mistake when he started dissing the Intelligence Community.

Sorry gang .... I know off topic but I had to say it.

Kenny, righties may be lapping it up because the laws are actually being enforced and are SEEN to be enforced. And you deluded lefties are panicking.

If Obama was enforcing the laws how come so few -- except the deportees -- noticed.  Did you see any demonstrations across the country about Obama enforcing the immigration laws?  I don't recall any such thing.

Your ability to maintain selective outrage is truly a talent.

This problem of illegal immigration certainly precedes Obama and was allowed to fester by past administrations.  The political will to actually do something about it has been lacking. Now there is an administration with the will to enforce the laws and it's got you all in a dither.

Lefties love the law, when it suits their agenda,, like gun control. Otherwise, not so much.

Retired... talk about hitting the nails square on the head.

As stated earlier, Obama holds the record for the most illegals shipped out. Period. You can look it up gang. But you rarely heard a peep out of the lib news or libs in general while he was in office or even now. Oh yah an occasional sob story back in the day when news was slow. But that was it. Now that mean old Trump is in office...now suddenly it is a big deal. And regardless, Trump is still below the 'round up count' per month of Obama.

Just a reminder... I hate Trump...not the law....as I stated earlier.

Your last line says it all. To paraphrase...for Lefties the motto is 'Do as I say ..not as I do...especially when what I do is to my benefit. I can do it...but you can't.

Edited by Guido2

The rightys are questioning why the protests now. What has changed besides the party now in the White House.

Actually the righty I responded to said the left is upset that the law is finally being enforced, when in fact they've always been enforced as my link shows. You really should read what you're responding too.

Edited by bmore_ken

Kenny, righties may be lapping it up because the laws are actually being enforced and are SEEN to be enforced.

I already provided proof that the laws have always been enforced. Why are you glossing over that with your false statements like there was no enforcement before Trump took office? Never mind, I know why. :rolleyes: You partisan people crack me up.

Edited by bmore_ken

The laws can certainly be enforced. You cannot round up 8 million people and deport them, but you can certainly stop turning a blind eye when you discover in a legal manner that someone is here illegally.

It's true that Trump isn't really doing anything different(yet) that Obama didn't do. It's also true that hyper-partisan losers are conveniently wetting their pants now that Trump is in power, despite their silence over the past eight years. It's also true that Trump is threatening to defund Sanctuary Cities, and I think this is where the battle lines are going to be drawn. It's absolutely the right move, and the sooner the better. These rogue mayors and politicians who think they can flaunt the federal laws in this land are going to have a major dose of reality handed to them.

Trump will continue his rhetoric, and maybe some things will come to pass. IMO, as long as this continues, and he does enact a few things, you're going to see a lot of self deportations. What he really needs to do along with defunding Sanctuary Cities, is start enforcing the laws on employers hiring illegals. That is the one thing that will cause more self deportation than anything else. Obama may have been deporting at a high rate, but what was coming out of his mouth was something quite the opposite.

Finally. A common sense post without the partisan BS.

Actually the righty I responded to said the left is upset that the law is finally being enforced, when in fact they've always been enforced as my link shows. You really should read what you're responding too.

He also asked why the fear now which is what the left is using for protests.

It isn't so much about the laws, its more about why the protests now and not the previous 8 years.

He also asked why the fear now which is what the left is using for protests.

It isn't so much about the laws, its more about why the protests now and not the previous 8 years.

That's already been addressed too. Damn you're just lazy...

As an employer you are correct. Employers do it and often get away with it. The fines and even jail time should make it very very painful to hire illegals

.  What he really needs to do along with defunding Sanctuary Cities, is start enforcing the laws on employers hiring illegals.  That is the one thing that will cause more self deportation than anything else. 

As an employer you are correct. Employers do it and often get away with it. The fines and even jail time should make it very very painful to hire illegals

.  What he really needs to do along with defunding Sanctuary Cities, is start enforcing the laws on employers hiring illegals.  That is the one thing that will cause more self deportation than anything else. 

News flash. You do know that if the boss gets locked up.. the business goes away....and so do the jobs. That will be the first line of attack by the libs ... you know that don't you?

From my view point....the problem lies in the fact that lib/dem lead gooberment has allowed it to go on an on. To the point that now illegals are the backbone of small businesses...not all... but a lot i am sure.

Now, who will fill these jobs that the illegals take at the moment. Sure in heck not those on welfare....again...the lib/dems will say that it is demeaning to force people to work for their welfare checks or in place there of.

Hey why work? Let the gooberment take care of me while I sit home and watch Oprah, make babies and sell drugs.

What is not to like about that set up?