• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#41 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,079 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Where would they live? You can't just send families off to nowhere. As long as they're productive and contributing taxpayers give them a path to citizenship. We need immigrants as much as they need us.

When these people crossed the border, illegally, were they concerned so much about where they would live here? I think not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#42 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

What's got the Left all in a lather is that for the first time in a decade immigration LAWS are being enforced, as they should have been all along IF we are the "nation of laws" we claim to be, They know when they jump the border that they are violating US law, but they don't care and neither do those who support them,.

#43 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:29 PM

What's got the Left all in a lather is that for the first time in a decade immigration LAWS are being enforced, as they should have been all along IF we are the "nation of laws" we claim to be, They know when they jump the border that they are violating US law, but they don't care and neither do those who support them,.

If we're such a nation of laws then the impeachment process should begin soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#44 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

What's got the Left all in a lather is that for the first time in a decade immigration LAWS are being enforced, as they should have been all along 

Stop the BS

Removals Overview
  • ICE conducted 240,255 removals.
  • ICE conducted 65,332 removals of individuals apprehended by ICE officers (i.e., interior removals) (Figure 5).
    • 60,318 (92 percent) of all interior removals were previously convicted of a crime.
  • ICE conducted 174,923 removals of individuals apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry.[3]
  • 58 percent of all ICE removals, or 138,669, were previously convicted of a crime.
    • ICE conducted 60,318 interior criminal removals.
    • ICE removed 78,351 criminals apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry.
  • 99.3 percent of all ICE FY 2016 removals, or 238,466, met one or more of ICE’s stated civil immigration enforcement priorities.[4]
  • Of the 101,586 aliens removed who had no criminal conviction, 95 percent, or 96,572, were apprehended at or near the border or ports of entry.[5]
  • The leading countries of origin for removals were Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.
  • 2,057 aliens removed by ICE were classified as suspected or confirmed gang members.

https://www.ice.gov/...statistics/2016

The laws have always been enforced. Stop the partisan BS

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#45 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,557 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

Maybe they feel like those immigrants that entered the country illegally are having a positive impact on their community. That's pretty much what they said. No?

Don't care. Return and re-enter. Legally.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#46 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

Kenny,, if the laws were being enforced, as you say, how come there was no "fear" in the illegal-alien community until Trump was elected?

How come they didn't feel threatened by ICE under Obama? Was it perhaps because they knew that the laws were not being enforced seriously.

Trump said he was going to do this.  Did you and the other misguided lefties not believe he meant what he said?

No doubt there will be many sad stories but that is the risk the illegals knew they were taking when they jumped the border. The risk level has been generally low for year but now the risk level has risen and they are panicking. 

#47 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,206 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

We need immigrants as much as they need us.

That attempt at quid pro quo is neither valid nor true.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#48 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,079 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

Even if true, there is a vast difference between immigrants and illegal aliens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#49 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:40 PM

It's an unreasonable path for many. And again, if we didn't need the labor they wouldn't come here

Unreasonable path...unreasonable path... maybe if I repeat it a hundred more times it will make sense to me.

I think it is an unreasonable path that I must follow to purchase a firearm. I also think it is an unreasonable path I must follow if I want to carry a concealed weapon. I think I drive better than 75% of the people in Md....I think it is unreasonable that I must pass tests to get a license, it is unreasonable that I have to renew said license....since I drive just fine ...thank you very much.

Shall I go on?

Because a LAW is unreasonable from ones viewpoint..in your world...it is OK to ignore it?

My friend that is called anarchy.

See the city if you need examples of ignoring laws because it is unreasonable.

#50 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

Well why are they able to get jobs?

#51 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Unreasonable path...unreasonable path... maybe if I repeat it a hundred more times it will make sense to me.

I think it is an unreasonable path that I must follow to purchase a firearm. I also think it is an unreasonable path I must follow if I want to carry a concealed weapon. I think I drive better than 75% of the people in Md....I think it is unreasonable that I must pass tests to get a license, it is unreasonable that I have to renew said license....since I drive just fine ...thank you very much.

Shall I go on?

Because a LAW is unreasonable from ones viewpoint..in your world...it is OK to ignore it?

My friend that is called anarchy.

See the city if you need examples of ignoring laws because it is unreasonable.

The laws need to be updated.

#52 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

You'll get over it.

#53 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

Kenny,, if the laws were being enforced, as you say, how come there was no "fear" in the illegal-alien community until Trump was elected?

If the laws weren't being enforced , how did 240,000 people get deported last year? Trump isn't doing anything Obama didn't do. He's just talking about it more and you gullible rightys are lapping it up.

Edited by bmore_ken, 15 February 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#54 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

The laws need to be updated.

MM .... to what?

Throw open the boarders? Cooooommmmmmeeeeee on up? Livings good.

Look, one thing I do know. I would be absolutely besides myself if I immigrated to the US. Did it all the right way. Studied went through all the hoops...became a citizen. And now....the screaming lefties are now saying ....skip that .... you get all the goodies anyway.

Oh heck that sounds like what is destroying BC ...the great society. Just on steroids.

Shess

#55 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

MM .... to what?

Look, one thing I do know. I would be absolutely besides myself if I immigrated to the US. Did it all the right way. Studied went through all the hoops...became a citizen. And now....the screaming lefties are now saying ....skip that .... you get all the goodies anyway.

Oh heck that sounds like what is destroying BC ...the great society. Just on steroids.

Shess

Have you ever made a post that didn't include an insult at Baltimore City no matter what the actual topic is?

#56 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

MM .... to what?

Shess

Another type of visa could be in order. That way they're documented at least...why are you so dramatic? Lol

#57 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,206 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:58 AM

You'll get over it.

That was a weak response, M. Man.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#58 overtaxed

overtaxed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:39 AM

Well why are they able to get jobs?

They are able to get jobs for a few reasons.  One of the biggest is that their employers tend to not follow the law as to taxes and wages.  Second is that if we would quit paying able bodied americans to stay home.  They would take the "jobs americans won't do".

#59 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,557 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:33 AM

You'll get over it.

Probably not. I will always be against people entering and staying in this country illegally.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#60 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,846 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:38 AM

If the laws weren't being enforced , how did 240,000 people get deported last year? Trump isn't doing anything Obama didn't do. He's just talking about it more and you gullible rightys are lapping it up.

The rightys are questioning why the protests now. What has changed besides the party now in the White House.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users