MLB Live In-Market Streaming

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,704 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

I didn't see this topic discussed around here, but I just heard that MLB is working on deals that will allow in-market streaming of live games, through the mlb.tv app. At this point, MLB has a signed deal in place with Fox who handles the RSN for 15 teams. Fans of those 15 teams are now able to watch local games. MLB has agreed to terms with Comcast, to now allow in-market streaming of the teams whose RSNs they own. As a cord cutter, I was psyched. I thought I was all set to be able to legally and openly watch O's games while living 2 miles from OPACY., without having to use a proxy, VPN, etc.

NOPE!!!

Two markets will not allow their games to be streamed to local fans, DC/Baltimore (MASN) and Los Angeles. The two markets with the most F-ed up RSN in the sport. I'm providing a link, but it's just for the most recent article on this subject. This post is a collection of info I gathered from multiple articles.

http://awfulannounci...mlb-teams.html 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#2 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,518 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

I would not need cable if i could stream sports.  

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#3 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,964 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

If more and more people drop cable to stream video... the "cable" companies will inevitably just raise the cost of internet service to make up for the lost revenue. And the amount of unavoidable advertising content will grow too...
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,704 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:07 AM

If more and more people drop cable to stream video... the "cable" companies will inevitably just raise the cost of internet service to make up for the lost revenue. And the amount of unavoidable advertising content will grow too...

I hadn't thought about that. They would still be subject to what the market will bear. I pay $40/month for internet. My direct tv bill was $100/month and that was for the next to lowest package (the min. I could get away with, that still included MASN) with one box and DVR svc. Even if they really bump up the price of internet, I'm still coming out ahead.   

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 ChippewaJoe

ChippewaJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationTowson

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

To weird-O....as a fellow semi cord cutter, I am mostly sure that you would not be able to stream the O's, even if they did allow this streaming.  Last year, I was willing to pay for the MLB playoff package.  BUT, since our cable package no longer had MLB, TBS, etc......no dice!!!

A fellow poster sent me their password, but some sort of logistics prevented viewing.  So, no LDS.  No LCS. 

Total BS.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users