georjec2

Simple Question :Do You Consider Donald Trump To Be Your President?

114 posts in this topic

Why is it that when a Republican is in office, the left always claims someone else is in charge, Bush/Cheney, Trump/Bannon/Putin, but when its a Democrat, its all them and no one else? Who was running it for Obama??

In the two examples you cite it is very well known that Chenny and Bannon are a heavy influence on the decision, if not they decision maker. No one said the same for Bush, Reagan, Ford or Nixon.  So it is not a Republican issue but an issue of those two who happen to be Republicans!

Edited by jtowne-swim

I think he's a buffoon but he's everyone's president regardless of what they say.

Some posters seem to be a little upset at being asked this question.  I wonder if they were upset when other posters said Obama wasn't their president.  Fascinating.

Maybe posters don't have your excellent memory and would appreciate it if you would post those comments.

Maybe posters don't have your excellent memory and would appreciate it if you would post those comments.

You have got to be kidding.  You don't remember posters saying "He's not my president" re Obama for 8 years.  I wouldn't have taken you for one of the selective memory right wing nuts on here but maybe I was wrong.

You have got to be kidding.  You don't remember posters saying "He's not my president" re Obama for 8 years.  I wouldn't have taken you for one of the selective memory right wing nuts on here but maybe I was wrong.

Call me whatever you want but normally people demand a "link." I certainly do not remember who said what defended whom spoke out against what in all these threads. 

Never mind.

I am wondering now long it will be before MD Lottery comes out with a scratch of or a pick- the month-day-year for when Trump gets impeached.

I am watching his 'Solo' press conference.... I could just puke.

Admittedly I didn't like Obama much but at least he sounded like he had a brain instead of some punch drunk boxer.

Sidebar; after reading Obama's accomplishments (and failures) in summary after he left office I do have a much greater appreciation for the man. Yes the MAN.

Edited by Guido2

It's not that's he's not the president. It's that he won't act like one.

I remember some.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/275615-prediction-trump-will-be-the-next-president/page-8#entry7304800

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/261559-sarah-made-fun-of-naacp-seattle-president/page-2#entry6858975

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/262087-wisconsin-man-threatens-to-kill-obama/page-2#entry6877210

A full search would reveal more I'm sure.

Of course, many would no longer be here, some banned, some just baulked at the pay wall, I can remember one champ type fellow, among others.

Of course.  Just like Hillary would have been and I despise her to the core. 

Hate is becoming to you.

I have always recognized every President in my lifetime as the President.  I recognize that Trump is the duly elected holder of the office.  

As such he becomes yours and my President.

Edited by luthersomd

The selfish, its all about ME generation has inflated their importance beyond all reasonable criteria now

to the point they have to have "MY" President!

Well kiddies it doesnt work that way WE have a president,

you can like him, dislike him all you want, but WE still have a president.

This must be the result of 8 years of Obama worship.

Nothing like a cult of personality to screw things up.

In his news conference a couple hours ago he said "me" and "I" 648 times.

I have NEVER heard a president talk about Himself during a press conference as much as this one does.

And neither have you.

As soon as he was finished with the scripted part of his pony show and started taking questions it was All about him.

Wow!

I sure hope we don't have to go through 4 years of him calling the media fake and talking about how "unfairly" he, his associates and his family are being treated by everyone, everywhere.

Oh well, that's why they make remote controls.

P.S. Let's see how many years Trump will be worshiped compared to Obama.

Watch this space.

I have always recognized every President in my lifetime as the President. I recognize that Trump is the duly elected holder of the office.

As such he becomes yours and my President.

Did you vote for him?

Good stuff!   :D   Convenient you've forgotten the 8 years of birthers!  :D

They were wrong too

But

Do I have to mention every past bunch of clowns?

I don't remember seeing you call out the posters who said that Obama was their president.    I guess that was different cause you didn't like Obama.

Why would I call them out? Because sure he was their president as well as mine.

Did you miss a word in there because what you ask is phrased strangely.

It's not that's he's not the president. It's that he won't act like one.

They keep thinking he's going to grow into the job

Im getting too old to wish away the years any more,

But Jesus its gonna be a long 4 years

At my age its reasonable to think that I might not outlive Trump's presidency.  What a horrible thought!

Im getting too old to wish away the years any more,

But Jesus its gonna be a long 4 years

Lol.????

I've said Both of those things.

At my age its reasonable to think that I might not outlive Trump's presidency. What a horrible thought!

I had hoped to see a woman president before riding off into the sunset, but if the past election showed me anything it's that there is no woman on earth America would have voted for in 2016.

I thought Hillary was a shoo-in.

I was wrong.

I don't see nor can I think of any women who would change that idea for me in the foreseeable future.

Maybe in 2068 America will finally elect a female president.

P.S. Let's see how many years Trump will be worshiped compared to Obama.

Worshipped? You worship presidents?

That explains a lot.

They keep thinking he's going to grow into the job

Like a cold grows into septic pneumonia

Or an ingrown hair grows into a 130 lb tumor

Edited by karlydee2

Like a cold grows into septic pneumonia

Or an ingrown hair grows into a 130 lb tumor

At least with those things you can go to a professional and have them removed or cured medically. This is a tumor we are supposed accept idly as it grows and glistens until it infects everything.  This is where parliamentary systems have the advantage.  They can boot out unstable imbeciles with a no confidence vote. I'd have thought after Bush's War and a global financial crash that we would get a dispensation from republican excess for at least a decade but I guess not. 

Edited by zenwalk

Worshipped? You worship presidents?

That explains a lot.

No.

I use the expressions used by the person who makes a really irrelevant comment to see if they can catch the irony.

Do you worship presidents?

Just asking.

Why would I call them out? Because sure he was their president as well as mine.

Did you miss a word in there because what you ask is phrased strangely.

Yes, I did miss a word, thank you.