• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#21 WhoMe

WhoMe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

Times have changed that is for sure.  I saw a tweet where a kid (youth football player) announced that he received an offer from Archbishop Carroll to play football. 

Needless to say I SMH first in amusement then the the old man came out and I started thinking (what are we doing here)?

What's next, middle school kids announcing where they will play youth football.

#22 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

Who announced, and where did they announce?

Twitter
Going from Edmondson to SFA for his SR year
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#23 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

Twitter
Going from Edmondson to SFA for his SR year

Thats what I thought. Whether its Twitter or Snap, I'm not the least surprised that this outlet is used. Its their medium to express everything these days. I don't think they take into account, or frankly, care, if a grown up sees a re-tweet or searches a wall of a kid and starts what may be the 1,000th thread on transfers over the last 11 years.

Whats good for a kid heading into 9th grade or 10th grade because of attending a private school, can be just as beneficial for a 12th grader, for whatever reason, even for a year. One thing I do notice on here, many more private school alumni are far more judgemental than those graduates of public, charter, and home school, combined. jmo after seeing thousands of posts on the matter, scattered among a dozen handles.

#24 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

Times have changed that is for sure. I saw a tweet where a kid (youth football player) announced that he received an offer from Archbishop Carroll to play football.

Needless to say I SMH first in amusement then the the old man came out and I started thinking (what are we doing here)?

What's next, middle school kids announcing where they will play youth football.

There is a commitment show on local FoxSports radio for 8th graders "committing" in March. I would of laughed if someone told me that 10 years ago. I didn't even flinch when I heard about it the other day.

#25 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

That's ridiculous

#26 HY3:13

HY3:13

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

Blessed to say I'm turning my back on my team and transferring to SFA as a 19 year old junior. GTFOH

#27 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

19year old junior?

Edited by jbmad, 16 February 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#28 gc06

gc06

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:54 PM

All the Baltimore kids coming back to the city? Hum

. That's fake news...sad

Edited by gc06, 16 February 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#29 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

Mamba the shat is happening big time the cherry 🍒 picking has begun lol . The Edmonson kid is average at best but like 40 said I feel bad for the kids who are getting recruited over whose paying that full tilt man the MIAA is bush league for real

#30 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

. That's fake news...sad

#31 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

Looks like he was asking a question Gc06

#32 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Hey bleeding y'all got some kids over there that must be on the table cause I'm hearing it's about 2 or 3 kids shadowing every where in town from your team

#33 gc06

gc06

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

I meant to quote GA my mistake. He said the fire sale at good counsel. Which won't be happening

#34 DJ88

DJ88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

MIAA would never boot out SFA for fear of the white self serving (robin hood) crew would cry racism and discrimination all through the streets.  SFA should have been booted out when the coach took the Alhambra money the MIAA gives all schools playing to cover cost and instead bought new uniforms.  

MIAA had to pony up again because SFA wouldn’t and Alhambra was going to pull the spot if they didn't.  Also how could that big dumb *** go back there when SFA asked him to cover payroll because they couldn't, and then took his check and bought two new vans.  

MIAA better watch out the MPSSAA doesn’t step in over SFA cause that's not the only young man from Edmondson heading there along with others.  It's one thing to have a couple kids leave and go to other schools, but when a school is holding weekly open tryouts and poaching dozens of kids from schools that’s spells trouble.  And a couple of public power houses are already shakin that tree. 

#35 DJ88

DJ88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

I meant to quote GA my mistake. He said the fire sale at good counsel. Which won't be happening

BVD

#36 gc06

gc06

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

BVD

? What's that mean

#37 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:50 PM

Hey bleeding y'all got some kids over there that must be on the table cause I'm hearing it's about 2 or 3 kids shadowing every where in town from your team

Lol my kids play shimmer and shine and watch Disney

#38 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

Thats what I thought. Whether its Twitter or Snap, I'm not the least surprised that this outlet is used. Its their medium to express everything these days. I don't think they take into account, or frankly, care, if a grown up sees a re-tweet or searches a wall of a kid and starts what may be the 1,000th thread on transfers over the last 11 years.

Whats good for a kid heading into 9th grade or 10th grade because of attending a private school, can be just as beneficial for a 12th grader, for whatever reason, even for a year. One thing I do notice on here, many more private school alumni are far more judgemental than those graduates of public, charter, and home school, combined. jmo after seeing thousands of posts on the matter, scattered among a dozen handles.

Mamba
Im all for a kid doing whats best for him, im just old school where posting this me me me stuff is kinda weak

My concern as always when a kid is made promises that arent kept

#39 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

What team is this?

#40 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,074 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:39 PM

So word is Steffaneli is the new coach, solid coach and I'm sure picked to ease the transition. But I'm willing to bet that more than a couple will jump ship, especially the Bmore kids.

This is going to be an interesting off-season. A lot of rumors going around at a bunch of schools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users