#41 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

Mamba the shat is happening big time the cherry 🍒 picking has begun lol . The Edmonson kid is average at best but like 40 said I feel bad for the kids who are getting recruited over whose paying that full tilt man the MIAA is bush league for real

Kids have been getting cherry picked from public schools for decades now (at least 35 years), this isn't any new phenomenon of any sort. And as long as message boards have been around, maybe a dozen years, rumors swirl of kids transferring somewhere or another. Many, if not most, are just that. Nothing comes about it, but it gives those that oppose others for choosing where their kids should go, a forum to express their displeasure about said families making a choice in which they feel is best for them. This is the dumping grounds for such dialogue, Ground Zero, if you will.

#42 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

JOKE! If the MIAA had any balls they would boot SFA. Go play a national schedule like the other Football factories - IMG, ECA - when you're "bringing in" out of state recruits just for athletics you no longer belong ina ANY interscholastic league.

Damn, you're late. Too bad they didn't listen to you and boot out Gilman and McDonogh a long time ago.

#43 DMVFootball

DMVFootball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

So word is Steffaneli is the new coach, solid coach and I'm sure picked to ease the transition. But I'm willing to bet that more than a couple will jump ship, especially the Bmore kids.

This is going to be an interesting off-season. A lot of rumors going around at a bunch of schools.

The players actually like Stefanelli.  He's a solid coach and was the one who likely recruited them anyway.  So I don't see that as an issue.  I dont know the current roster.  What Bmore kids are on the roster - and which of them were/ would be expected to be contributors in 2017? Note: I don't really think a kid from Howard County is a "Bmore kid" in the context suggested.

#44 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,074 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

The players actually like Stefanelli.  He's a solid coach and was the one who likely recruited them anyway.  So I don't see that as an issue.  I dont know the current roster.  What Bmore kids are on the roster - and which of them were/ would be expected to be contributors in 2017? Note: I don't really think a kid from Howard County is a "Bmore kid" in the context suggested.

I would have to look at roster, can't think of the Bmore area kids off hand. Howard County is "technically" Bmore are but I wasn't talking about them. Good Counsel is closer to Howard County than Baltimore.

Stefanelli is one of the recruiters over there because of Grassroots. I personally just never looked at him as a Head high school Varsity coach to be honest.

#45 GOOCH

GOOCH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

McDonough 40 I thought that was his school . GA I heard Schmitt from Spalding turned down the Gilman job man this off season gonna be a circus

#46 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,074 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

McDonough 40 I thought that was his school . GA I heard Schmitt from Spalding turned down the Gilman job man this off season gonna be a circus

From my knowledge, it's not a done deal. If he did, it happened like a day or two ago. Think it would be a smart move for him, much more money at Gilman. They're throwing the house at everybody.

#47 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

Some of you may blow a gasket, but a Cody, a Colin, a Zane, and it looks like more, are announcing they'll be attending Patuxent High School of the SMAC.

#48 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

Caleb, too.

https://twitter.com/...2861487104?s=09

#49 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

Check that, Kaleb.

#50 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

Some of you may blow a gasket, but a Cody, a Colin, a Zane, and it looks like more, are announcing they'll be attending Patuxent High School of the SMAC.

what are they choosing to play , chess

#51 themamba

themamba

@aka_themamba

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • LocationWorldwide

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

Don't shoot the messenger. LOL!

#52 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

Don't shoot the messenger. LOL!

no shot at you , the shot was at that ridiculous Twitter feed , lmbo

#53 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

Damn kids and that twipper
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#54 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

what are they choosing to play , chess

Lol thats messed up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#55 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:13 PM

9of those guys had numerous offers before they got there. Really the only one who got help was Sam

swann, Wiley, and Coley also didn't have any so that's 3 more

#56 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:17 PM

Yeah and 2 of those had five years in high school and that's a problem

Edited by jbmad, 16 February 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#57 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

Yeah and 2 of those had five years in high school and that's a problem

who cares if it led them them to a full ride ? It's a new world, gotta catch up

#58 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

And one is getting ready to turn 20 maybe he needs to catch up. Dude you gotta know that's not right, but it's your ECA guys so

#59 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:37 PM

And one is getting ready to turn 20 maybe he needs to catch up. Dude you gotta know that's not right, but it's your ECA guys so

catch up to what ? I don't understand ? Some guys take 10 years to graduate with a 4 year degree,

There is no set timeline in the world today, and as long as they get to the finish line then they are doing the right thing.

#60 jbmad

jbmad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:46 PM

Yeah and that's why the world is the way it is today. Guys like you who think that it's OK to break all the rules. , 5yrs high school football and almost 20 years old. You should be so proud of that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users