Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ODENTON

Gym teacher charged with stealing from lockers at Severna Park High

24 posts in this topic

Jerry Parker Hines Jr, 55, of the 1300 block of Shawnee Court in Millersville, has been transferred from Severna Park High and reassigned to a position where he won't have contact with students or access to school funds, school spokesman Bob Mosier said.

"It's a very disturbing and disappointing situation," Mosier said. "We put educators in schools, in places of trust, and something like this happens and it's extremely disheartening."

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-severna-park-0217-20170216-story.html

The pay isn't that bad, what the hell is wrong with people?

55 years old, too.  Probably making fairly good money.  Throwing his career away (assuming he is found guilty) for what?

Anne Arundel County police spokesman Marc Limansky said Hines is suspected of stealing an unknown amount of money from three lockers in recent weeks.

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/longtime-severna-park-teacher-football-coach-charged-with-theft/8942173

Drug or gambling problem?

Edited by Baltimatt

Reassigned? The guy should be fired and never work for any education system again.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-severna-park-0217-20170216-story.html

The pay isn't that bad, what the hell is wrong with people?

Stealing like that is sickness and has nada to do with the wealth of the thief.

The gym I go to had a rash of thefts a couple of years ago.

Of course some of the clueless members automatically assumed it was one of the Hispanic stewards (janitors) but I didn't buy that.

Short story after a investigation and newly positioned cameras, it turned out to be a fairly wealthy long time member who has been doing it for years and figured he never would be caught so he stepped up his thefts and they nailed him.

Edited by jonsensback

Matt, check your link.

He should leave that story, it's nicer than we usually have on here :)

We may never know. Hell of a way to leave your career.

Matt, check your link.

He should leave that story, it's nicer than we usually have on here :)

I fixed my link. Don't know how that happened. The link Downunder likes is still in ODENTON's quote of my post.

Stealing like that is sickness and has nada to do with the wealth of the thief.

The gym I go to had a rash of thefts a couple of years ago.

Of course some of the clueless members automatically assumed it was one of the Hispanic stewards (janitors) but I didn't buy that.

Short story after a investigation and newly positioned cameras, it turned out to be a fairly wealthy long time member who has been doing it for years and figured he never would be caught so he stepped up his thefts and they nailed him.

Do you personally know Mr. Hines and his sickness?

He could be going through a divorce and was short on lunch money.

He could have not liked the people he stole from.

Mr. Hines if you're reading this, why would you throw your entire career away like this?

He could have not liked the people he stole from.

Mr. Hines if you're reading this, why would you throw your entire career away like this?

That reads like a sickness to me.

Normal employed people don't steal from anyone let alone children unless they are freaking sick.

And needing lunch money, going through a divorce, or not liking the people who he stole from pretty much proves there is something missing if that's the justification for stealing.

Not really hard to grasp.

Edited by jonsensback

I don't really care what the reason is, he was stealing from kids. He was a trusted role model in their lives.  This is wrong on so many levels. As a resident of AA County it makes me sick that they will continue to employ him. I know.... innocent until proven guilty.  I hope they move fast on this case. Give him that speedy trial. 

That reads like a sickness to me.

Normal employed people don't steal from anyone let alone children unless they are freaking sick.

And needing lunch money, going through a divorce, or not liking the people who he stole from pretty much proves there is something missing if that's the justification for stealing.

Not really hard to grasp.

Thanks Doc.

On another note,

We had a lunch room bandit on the job, he'd eat half your lunch and put the rest back. 

He wasn't sick, he was a jerk.

I don't really care what the reason is, he was stealing from kids. He was a trusted role model in their lives.  This is wrong on so many levels. As a resident of AA County it makes me sick that they will continue to employ him. I know.... innocent until proven guilty.  I hope they move fast on this case. Give him that speedy trial.

Indeed..........and apparently for many years.

Indeed..........and apparently for many years.

Yes, he had been there for years. 

One of my greatest memories of high school football with my oldest son was them beating Severna Park at home on their Homecoming! :)    

He could have not liked the people he stole from.

Dumbest post of the day.

????

Dumbest post of the day.

Day? Of the week, at least if we disregard Nationals.

Yes, he had been there for years. 

One of my greatest memories of high school football with my oldest son was them beating Severna Park at home on their Homecoming! :)

:) That had to hurt.....SP.

I haven't followed HS football in AAco for years, but SP was a powerhouse back then.

I tend to think that the mans wires are shorted out.

Even if he was in debt or drugs. What is 30 bucks going to do to resolve the problem?

But then again....it seems society is going to hxll in a handbasket. What about the old guy that broke into a house to steal a womens underwear.

He could have not liked the people he stole from.

Stop making excuses for the criminals. He is a grown educated man he knew what he was doing and the repercussions if caught.

Stop making excuses for the criminals. He is a grown educated man he knew what he was doing and the repercussions if caught.

Stop reading things that aren't there.

Troll elsewhere and take your buds with you.

Stop reading things that aren't there.

Troll elsewhere and take your buds with you.

Sounds like your making excuses for the criminal. No I'll keep trolling here with with you my troll friend.

Sounds like your making excuses for the criminal. No I'll keep trolling here with with you my troll friend.

The sounds you hear are not real.........maybe it's the troll in you you.

I don't know what the evidence on him is, but the school system need not wait on the Criminal Justice System to take action. They would be governed by the teacher's collective bargaining agreement and/or civil service or HR procedures, but they don't have to have him found criminally guilty to fire him, the standard of proof in those forums is much easier than proof beyond a reasonable doubt and right to jury trial.