Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Trump tells reporter to set up a meeting w/the CBC because, well, she's Black

28 posts in this topic

"Ryan asked Trump if he would include the CBC in discussions about his agenda for addressing urban policy. The CBC, for those unaware, is the Congressional Black Caucus, a group of African American legislators that is often a leading voice on the Hill for issues dealing with the black community. Trump appeared briefly to be unaware of what the initials stood for, and so Ryan asked more pointedly.

Am I going to include who?” he asked.

“Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus,” Ryan, who is black, asked, “and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus as well as …?”

“Well, I would,” Trump interrupted. “Tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting? Do you want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours? Set up a meeting.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/16/trump-asks-a-black-reporter-to-set-up-a-meeting-with-black-members-of-congress/?hpid=hp_rhp-banner-main_cbc-345pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.64d3f39daa66

Not only do they all look alike, they all know each other. Hangin' in the hood, no doubt.

SMH......he is what most know him to be, ignorant and nuts.

“I have no idea why President Trump would make up a story about me like he did today. Of course, Senator Schumer never told me to skip a meeting with the President,” Cummings said in a statement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/cummings-no-idea-why-president-trump-would-make-up-a-story-about-me-like-he-did-today/2017/02/16/a66f987c-f47f-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_cbc-345pm:homepage/story&tid=a_inl&utm_term=.9d02b75c5cd7

So, by declaring publicly, that he's open to a meeting with the (racially exclusive) CBC, he's the racist? RUKM? What planet is this "logic" emanating from?

Funny the liberal medias not mentioning that the black caucus hired April Ryan to serve as a moderator at the 46th annual black caucus conference in September last year.

So hell yes she knows them and could broker a meeting with the no whites allowed black caucus and the President

http://www.gettyimages.com/event/46th-annual-legislative-conference-of-the-congressional-black-caucus-day-2-669250887?#journalist-april-ryan-serves-as-moderator-at-the-national-town-hall-picture-id605876698

Edited by genghiskhanraven

...or a sexist...or maybe both?

Hey you, black woman, arrange a meeting and get me some coffee.

At the very least, his comment was inappropriate for someone in his position.

Is it a stereotype when it's true? She has worked for and cashed a check from the black caucus, she's a well known 20 year political insider who does have connections to the black caucus. He wasn't asking some random black woman he passed on the street to set up a meeting with them because she's black.

...or a sexist...or maybe both?

Hey you, black woman, arrange a meeting and get me some coffee.

At the very least, his comment was inappropriate for someone in his position.

That wasn't the context at all, and you know it. He asked her respectfully, if she would be an intermediary in setting up a meeting. Why would progressives want to throw a wrench into a possible meeting in which face to face policy discussion that would help people be dismissed with such vitriol??

Butthurt liberals with an agenda still angry their old hag Hillary lost. Trump spoke about helping black families in the inner cities and asked a well known connected political insider to help him set up a meeting with the black caucus and the libs run with Trump was being a racist at the press conference.

The stupidity and bitterness of liberals knows no bounds

That wasn't the context at all, and you know it. He asked her respectfully, if she would be an intermediary in setting up a meeting. Why would progressives want to throw a wrench into a possible meeting in which face to face policy discussion that would help people be dismissed with such vitriol??

What gives him the idea she can do or should do this? He holds the most powerful office in the world. They can't do it? He demeans it more everyday.

Butthurt liberals with an agenda still angry their old hag Hillary lost. Trump spoke about helping black families in the inner cities and asked a well known connected political insider to help him set up a meeting with the black caucus and the libs run with Trump was being a racist at the press conference.

LOL! No stupidity or bitterness here.

The CBC wrote him directly. He didn't need to ask

Hi, @realDonaldTrump. We’re the CBC. We sent you a letter on January 19, but you never wrote us back. Sad! Letter: http://bit.ly/2kD6FhQ

donald helping black families :o

He didn't know what the "CBC" was.

Cringe worthy.

I am Black, and I am not used to it referred as the CBC. If someone says the acronym "CBC", then I don't think that it is earth shattering that another person might not initially know what that means. The reporter, April Ryan, should have said Congressional Black Caucus, but she was being lazy.

I am Black, and I am not used to it referred as the CBC. If someone says the acronym "CBC", then I don't think that it is earth shattering that another person might not initially know what that means. The reporter, April Ryan, should have said Congressional Black Caucus, but she was being lazy.

I know what it means in this context.

Maybe you're the one who's lazy?

And the President should certainly know what it means, especially in the context of that question.

Typical, right? ;)

Trump didn't know. No one told him. Its somebody else's fault.

Edited by hst2

"Ryan asked Trump if he would include the CBC in discussions about his agenda for addressing urban policy. The CBC, for those unaware, is the Congressional Black Caucus, a group of African American legislators that is often a leading voice on the Hill for issues dealing with the black community. Trump appeared briefly to be unaware of what the initials stood for, and so Ryan asked more pointedly.

Am I going to include who?” he asked.

“Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus,” Ryan, who is black, asked, “and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus as well as …?”

“Well, I would,” Trump interrupted. “Tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting? Do you want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours? Set up a meeting.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/16/trump-asks-a-black-reporter-to-set-up-a-meeting-with-black-members-of-congress/?hpid=hp_rhp-banner-main_cbc-345pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.64d3f39daa66

Not only do they all look alike, they all know each other. Hangin' in the hood, no doubt.

Trump has been declined on invitations to meet with Black Congressmen because the Democrats can't stand for that.  It is a race-baiting obscenity by the left.  

...sez the little voices in your head?

Link?

Can you provide a reliable (please, no fake news source) that supports your allegation?Thanks

Good luck with that.

This reporterette is a typical government type.

Instead of running off to setup the meeting and make things happen, she sits on her behind.

Edited by grggngll

This reporterette is a typical government type.

Instead of running off the setup the meeting, she sits on her behind.

Your post does not make any sense.  First of she is a reporter.  There is no such thing as reporterette.   If she owned a small business like a nursery/landscape business she would be a business owner and not an ownerette.  Right?  I would assume you know someone that owns a business like that.  

Secondly she should not run off and set up any meeting.  Trump and the CBC can do that.  In fact the President was sent a letter by the CBC asking for such a meeting and he failed to respond.

Third I am not sure what a Govt type is but Ms. Ryan has not worked for the Government. 

Your post does not make any sense.  First of she is a reporter.  There is no such thing as reporterette.   If she owned a small business like a nursery/landscape business she would be a business owner and not an ownerette.  Right?  I would assume you know someone that owns a business like that.  

Secondly she should not run off and set up any meeting.  Trump and the CBC can do that.  In fact the President was sent a letter by the CBC asking for such a meeting and he failed to respond.

Third I am not sure what a Govt type is but Ms. Ryan has not worked for the Government. 

I have clarified my post for your convenience.

You needed to listen to the press conference.  Apparently, the Dem leadership won't allow their pet Negroes off the plantation.  

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320026-trump-to-schedule-meeting-with-congressional-black-caucus-report

The head of the CBC weighed in Thursday evening in a statement that hit the administration for waiting nearly a month to request such a get-together, saying the group "did not hear from the White House until we introduced ourselves on Twitter after the White House press conference today.”

“For whatever reason, the letter the Congressional Black Caucus sent to then President-elect Trump and incoming White House officials on January 19 was not enough to get their attention,” Chairman Cedric Richmond (D-La.) said in a statement.

guess donald was busy with his photo op with Ray and Kanye or tweeting about the popular vote he should've won.