• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90,791 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

I am Black, and I am not used to it referred as the CBC. If someone says the acronym "CBC", then I don't think that it is earth shattering that another person might not initially know what that means. The reporter, April Ryan, should have said Congressional Black Caucus, but she was being lazy.

Typical, right? ;)

Trump didn't know. No one told him. Its somebody else's fault.

Edited by hst2, 17 February 2017 - 09:47 AM.

"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#22 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

"Ryan asked Trump if he would include the CBC in discussions about his agenda for addressing urban policy. The CBC, for those unaware, is the Congressional Black Caucus, a group of African American legislators that is often a leading voice on the Hill for issues dealing with the black community. Trump appeared briefly to be unaware of what the initials stood for, and so Ryan asked more pointedly.

Am I going to include who?” he asked.

“Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus,” Ryan, who is black, asked, “and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus as well as …?”

“Well, I would,” Trump interrupted. “Tell you what, do you want to set up the meeting? Do you want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours? Set up a meeting.”"

https://www.washingt...m=.64d3f39daa66

Not only do they all look alike, they all know each other. Hangin' in the hood, no doubt.

Trump has been declined on invitations to meet with Black Congressmen because the Democrats can't stand for that.  It is a race-baiting obscenity by the left.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#23 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

Higher Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,317 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, Maryland

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

...sez the little voices in your head?

Link?

#24 SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

Trump has been declined on invitations to meet with Black Congressmen because the Democrats can't stand for that.  It is a race-baiting obscenity by the left.

Can you provide a reliable (please, no fake news source) that supports your allegation?

Thanks

#25 banner1124

banner1124

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,670 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:20 PM

Can you provide a reliable (please, no fake news source) that supports your allegation?Thanks

Good luck with that.
*****HAIL TO THE REDSKINS*****

#26 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,997 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

You needed to listen to the press conference.  Apparently, the Dem leadership won't allow their pet Negroes off the plantation.  

http://thehill.com/h...k-caucus-report

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#27 grggngll

grggngll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,218 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

This reporterette is a typical government type.

Instead of running off to setup the meeting and make things happen, she sits on her behind.

Edited by grggngll, 17 February 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#28 Dinglehopper

Dinglehopper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

This reporterette is a typical government type.

Instead of running off the setup the meeting, she sits on her behind.

Your post does not make any sense.  First of she is a reporter.  There is no such thing as reporterette.   If she owned a small business like a nursery/landscape business she would be a business owner and not an ownerette.  Right?  I would assume you know someone that owns a business like that.  

Secondly she should not run off and set up any meeting.  Trump and the CBC can do that.  In fact the President was sent a letter by the CBC asking for such a meeting and he failed to respond.

Third I am not sure what a Govt type is but Ms. Ryan has not worked for the Government. 

#29 grggngll

grggngll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,218 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Your post does not make any sense.  First of she is a reporter.  There is no such thing as reporterette.   If she owned a small business like a nursery/landscape business she would be a business owner and not an ownerette.  Right?  I would assume you know someone that owns a business like that.  

Secondly she should not run off and set up any meeting.  Trump and the CBC can do that.  In fact the President was sent a letter by the CBC asking for such a meeting and he failed to respond.

Third I am not sure what a Govt type is but Ms. Ryan has not worked for the Government. 

I have clarified my post for your convenience.

#30 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

You needed to listen to the press conference.  Apparently, the Dem leadership won't allow their pet Negroes off the plantation.  

http://thehill.com/h...k-caucus-report

The head of the CBC weighed in Thursday evening in a statement that hit the administration for waiting nearly a month to request such a get-together, saying the group "did not hear from the White House until we introduced ourselves on Twitter after the White House press conference today.”

“For whatever reason, the letter the Congressional Black Caucus sent to then President-elect Trump and incoming White House officials on January 19 was not enough to get their attention,” Chairman Cedric Richmond (D-La.) said in a statement.

guess donald was busy with his photo op with Ray and Kanye or tweeting about the popular vote he should've won.

#31 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

That wasn't the context at all, and you know it. He asked her respectfully, if she would be an intermediary in setting up a meeting. Why would progressives want to throw a wrench into a possible meeting in which face to face policy discussion that would help people be dismissed with such vitriol??

Butthurt liberals with an agenda still angry their old hag Hillary lost. Trump spoke about helping black families in the inner cities and asked a well known connected political insider to help him set up a meeting with the black caucus and the libs run with Trump was being a racist at the press conference.
The stupidity and bitterness of liberals knows no bounds

The CBC wrote him directly. He didn't need to ask

Hi, @realDonaldTrump. We’re the CBC. We sent you a letter on January 19, but you never wrote us back. Sad! Letter: http://bit.ly/2kD6FhQ

donald helping black families :o

OOPS!

volp-geng BUSTED! :P :lol:

Edited by EL-FLIPPO, 17 February 2017 - 08:24 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#32 Lombardi6

Lombardi6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

Enter the CBC. Exit any hope of helping the black community.

#33 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,888 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:45 AM

Didn't Trump call Elijah Cummings after seeing him on TV? It's not like there's been no contact. Trump has his number.
Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users