• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92,633 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:51 PM

"WASHINGTON — Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Tuesday that probing the Trump administration’s ties to Russia after the resignation of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn would be “excessive,” and that Republicans shouldn’t be wasting time investigating members of their own party.

Paul, speaking on Fox News’ “Kilmeade and Friends” radio show, took issue with calls by fellow Senate Republicans, including Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), for a thorough investigation.

Paul suggested Republicans ought to be looking out for members of their party. “I just don’t think it’s useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party,” he said. “We’ll never even get started with doing the things we need to do like repealing Obamacare if we’re spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense.”"

http://www.huffingto...4b094a129efc452

Edited by hst2, 16 February 2017 - 06:52 PM.

"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#2 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

He seems to be sweating bullets about this investigation, I wonder how deeply Rand Paul is compromised by Russia as well.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#3 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,738 posts
  • LocationHarford County Maryland

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

He seems to be sweating bullets about this investigation, I wonder how deeply Rand Paul is compromised by Russia as well.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I see a new fake news story in the making here.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#4 michiganjoe

michiganjoe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,926 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

I do give him some credit for at least being honest about it.

#5 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

Higher Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,586 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, Maryland

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I see a new fake news story in the making here.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So you're quite content to muddy the waters about what is and is not 'fake news'....

#6 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,738 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:50 AM

So you're quite content to muddy the waters about what is and is not 'fake news'....

It wasn't me who suggested that Rand Paul may be compromised by some sort of ties to Russia. All I am saying is that it is likely that someone like Calamari (but with a bigger audience) might indeed float such a thought just to see if it sticks to the wall (sort of like the spaghetti sauce).  :P

#7 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,260 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:58 AM

Anything for his ideology.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

#8 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,738 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

Anything for his ideology.

Just as you will make up say anything for yours.   :lol:

#9 Twister

Twister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

Typical liberal deflection nonsense.

Calamari brings up an unsubstantiated libelous allegation about Rand Paul being tied to Russia, and you accuse Papi of muddying the waters.

Brilliant!  :rolleyes:

Just another display of partisan hackery, putting Party before Country, as all Democ-Rats are wont to do ever since Hillary (lol) Clinton LOST.

#10 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

Just another display of partisan hackery, putting Party before Country, as all Democ-Rats are wont to do ever since Hillary (lol) Clinton LOST.

Democ-Rats.

OK, you get style points for that. -_-

Edited by EL-FLIPPO, 20 February 2017 - 04:26 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#11 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,260 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

Typical liberal deflection nonsense.

Calamari brings up an unsubstantiated libelous allegation about Rand Paul being tied to Russia, and you accuse Papi of muddying the waters.

Brilliant!   :rolleyes:

LOL "Libel."

I remember when you did this under your last screen name.

~George Washington

#12 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,738 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:22 PM

LOL "Libel."

I remember when you did this under your last screen name.

If you were not hiding behind a ficticious screen name and your words were forwarded to Rand Paul perhaps you would not be so cavalier about the term "libel". If you veil of anonymity were to be pierced you could indeed be nailed for your unsubstantialted allegation about him. I am no fan of Rand Paul (or his father), but there is a limit to what any of us can or should put forth on a forum like this. 

#13 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,260 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Don't you jump in to help and fall on your face again.

It's not my anonymity, but that Rand Paul is a Public figure, and this certainly no worse than the stuff you said about Michelle Obama (i.e. "screw her," etc.).

All this nonsense is just you trying to silence me, because you know how suspicious his words are.

Edited by Calamari, 20 February 2017 - 09:29 PM.

~George Washington

#14 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,256 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:05 PM

Papi bends over backward to defend a man for whom he says he didn't support in the election. 

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#15 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

Don't you jump in to help and fall on your face again.

It's not my anonymity, but that Rand Paul is a Public figure, and this certainly no worse than the stuff you said about Michelle Obama (i.e. "screw her," etc.).

All this nonsense is just you trying to silence me, because you know how suspicious his words are.

I have learned long ago that seeking to silence you (or anyone else on this forum) is simply not possible. That is the job of the mods. 

#16 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:36 AM

Papi bends over backward to defend a man for whom he says he didn't support in the election. 

Clearly I did not support Rand Paul (ever), and he is the subject of this thread, not Trump (whom I also did not support).

That I have been willing to accept the fact that Trump won the election while others here are still seeking to somehow get a do-over is not a reflection of me "bending over backwards" to support anything other than our valid election process. In many respects I agree that Trump is crude, boorish, and that he needs a heck of a lot of personal growth in order to begin to look presidential (which he has failed at to date). If he fails miserably I will not be surpised, but I do not consider it my duty to try to make him fail. 

#17 Norman

Norman

Go away you little gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,084 posts
  • LocationCoke Butler

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

Quite a bit of that going around these days.

#18 Scaggsville

Scaggsville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,768 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

Rand Paul was absolutely giddy about the POTUS exec order which allows coal mining companies to go back to polluting waterways. This return of jobs to his constituents has him in a cooperative, Pro-Trump mood.

#19 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,260 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

It's all very convenient.  :lol:

~George Washington

#20 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

It's all very convenient.  :lol:

It is very easy for an invertibrate to bend to the direction the tides might be moving on any given day. As least I have a backbone and am willing to stand behind my beliefs. I will take my views and my opinions and stack them up against your lame posts any day of the year. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users