Yesterday's press conference wasn't an example of winning?  :lol:

#22 EnochRoot

EnochRoot

Money won't change me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

Nice thought, but if you have other opportunities, would you elect to work for such an egomaniac / know it all as Trump? First time some intelligence went south, you'd be the fall guy.

If I was offered a job, and I had ample evidence that the head boss didn't like, or continually denigrated those that I would have to rely on....I would be nuts to take that job.

Trump made it perfectly clear he doesn't respect the Intelligence Community.

I'm coming from the perspective that Trump needs to be smothered by competence, because frankly, what we're seeing here is an outright assault on Western Civilization.

#23 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,619 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

I'm coming from the perspective that Trump needs to be smothered by competence, because frankly, what we're seeing here is an outright assault on Western Civilization.

He doesn't want competent. He wants obsequiousness.

Try to picture Trump with a Leon Panetta or a Jim Baker or a Arthur Schlesinger. Just doesn't work.

Edited by ms maggie, 17 February 2017 - 08:33 AM.

#24 michiganjoe

michiganjoe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

Link

...Trump was given a choice: cater to the loyalty and ambitions of his political operatives, who have no competence whatsoever in national security affairs—or install a professional who can build and maintain a functioning national-security apparatus. He chose the former.

#25 EnochRoot

EnochRoot

Money won't change me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

He doesn't want competent. He wants obsequiousness.

Try to picture Trump with a Leon Panetta or a Jim Baker or a Arthur Schlesinger. Just doesn't work.

I agree. The whole purpose of that press conference yesterday was to simultaneously throw a bunch of nonsense out for public consumption. The media will tear into its incredulity; and his arduous supporters will lap it up. I mean, I understand why people otherwise competent people would want to steer clear of this sh..tshow. I only wish that, as an American citizen, they wouldn't.

I don't think even Vlad Putin thought in his wildest dreams he'd be this successful at subverting America's version of western civilization. 

#26 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,222 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

Except to steer the country out of a potential disaster.

:confused:

Not sure he could do it alone
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users