Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norman

a ‘logistical nightmare’ — at taxpayer expense

113 posts in this topic

As if he's not benefiting from US and foreign officials staying at his hotels or renting space in his office buildings.

Trump will likely leave the White House wealthier than before he became POTUS

Let's see, the Clinton's claimed to be completely broke and now they are multimillionaires.  

Will you be a bad person if 4 years from now you are a little better off?  I can see why you voted for Hillary just to make you a more virtuous and poorer person.  

Let's see, the Clinton's claimed to be completely broke and now they are multimillionaires.

Pretty much everyone who serves as President is wealthier after leaving office. Being an ex-President can be lucrative. Which is why the President's salary doesn't matter.

It's silly though how some think Trump is doing this for charity and that he is in no way benefiting financially from his new job.

Will you be a bad person if 4 years from now you are a little better off? I can see why you voted for Hillary just to make you a more virtuous and poorer person.

I'm better off today than I was 8 years ago.

If I'm better off in 4 years it will because of my own hard work, not Trump...

Edited by soulflower

Pretty much everyone who serves as President is wealthier after leaving office. Being an ex-President can be lucrative. Which is why the President's salary doesn't matter.

It's silly though how some think Trump is doing this for charity and that he is in no way benefiting financially from his new job.

I'm better off today than I was 8 years ago.

If I'm better off in 4 years it will because of my own hard work, not Trump...

So after eschewing salary for his elected office for four years he ends up a little better off makes him a bad guy?  

I have to agree with Norman. It was mostly time at the ranch while George H W Bush was President not the cost. As I said it is, IMO, partisanship to complain about such things. Conservatives/Reps complained about the Hawaii vacations, separate planes, etc when the Obamas went on vacation and the Liberals/Dems will complain about whatever costs are incurred by the Trumps.

I was in Key West a few weeks ago and we walked by the "Little White House" of Harry Truman's Presidency. I have no doubt some complained about that. People being flown to Key West for meetings and such.

https://www.trumanlittlewhitehouse.com/

I will be on record in saying that the country will be better off the more time Orange spends on vacation.

I will be on record in saying that the country will be better off the more time Orange spends on vacation.

I'll be on record in saying we will be better off when Manchild is mowing some golf course in an orange jump suit.

Is this anything like the incessant Obama vacations, Cape Cod, Hawaii? Trips for Michelle, the girls and grandma?

Remember, Trump is not taking a salary and he started as a millionaire while Obama who started relatively poor and left as a multi-millionaire.

Protecting the president isn't easy or cheap, and according to estimates from The Washington Post, the cost to protect President Donald Trump and his family is on track to supersede what it cost to protect former President Barack Obama and his family by hundreds of millions of dollars.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/costing-fortune-protect-trump-family-062440454.html

Supersede the cost of protecting Obama by HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!

It's good to be king.

Total waste of taxpayer dollars.

It's okay because Trump waived his salary.

Nevermind the fact that NYC spends more per day on Trump's security than the annual salary for a President

LOL  Not to make too fine of a point G Washington also relinquished his salary and ended up practically breaking the Treasury in expenses.  

Edited by zenwalk

Comparing apples and oranges. Obama had 2 small children, Trump has 4 adult children with jobs and 1 small child. It is going to be more expensive with 4 adults.

If you want to complain about something it is the Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's getting Secret Service protection for life.

"adult children"

Yes, his children that are adults - are you that dense?  I will spell it out "children - noun, plural.  A son or daughter."

Edited by kelsey59

The biggest chunk of change is tricking out Park Ave like a TSA airport nightmare for Melonia and Baron Von Trump then sending the bill to the City.

That part really bothers me. The White House is basically a palace for the President and his family. In my pea brained opinion, if the family decides it's not good enough for them, no secret service protection at the other domicile.

Is this anything like the incessant Obama vacations, Cape Cod, Hawaii? Trips for Michelle, the girls and grandma? Remember, Trump is not taking a salary and he started as a millionaire while Obama who started relatively poor and left as a multi-millionaire.

No it's nothing like that. Obama's wife and children lived in the White House from day one.

Donny claims to be a billionaire not a millionaire.

Comparing apples and oranges. Obama had 2 small children, Trump has 4 adult children with jobs and 1 small child. It is going to be more expensive with 4 adults.

If you want to complain about something it is the Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's getting Secret Service protection for life.

It's nonsense to complain about any of it. They have to be protected.

Interesting that the posters who routinely whined about the Obamas are all crickets about this.