Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norman

a ‘logistical nightmare’ — at taxpayer expense

113 posts in this topic

Comparing apples and oranges. Obama had 2 small children, Trump has 4 adult children with jobs and 1 small child. It is going to be more expensive with 4 adults.

If you want to complain about something it is the Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's getting Secret Service protection for life.

All presidents are offered this. It is fair. That said the apples to oranges is costs in NYC are astronomical. I don't begrudge Barron finishing out the year there. Next year will be a different story.

I will say I don't fault the NYC costs through this school year as Barron finishes school. They should move him starting next school year.

But the fact that Obama's traveling lifestyle was more extravagant than the entire extended Royal Family was never an issue.

Link? Of course England is much smaller

Edited by jtowne-swim

As if he's not benefiting from US and foreign officials staying at his hotels or renting space in his office buildings.

Trump will likely leave the White House wealthier than before he became POTUS

He once bragged about this

Is this anything like the incessant Obama vacations, Cape Cod, Hawaii? Trips for Michelle, the girls and grandma? Remember, Trump is not taking a salary and he started as a millionaire while Obama who started relatively poor and left as a multi-millionaire.

Incessant vacations? Compared to whom?

I don't begrudge the Trump family protection. I do find it interesting that 3 of 4 weekends Trump has hightailed it to Maralago. Incessant?

But hey maybe he's working hard the whole time. And will have his healthcare proposal and tax plan to Congress in the next few weeks as promised.

Wouldn't bet on it.

All presidents are offered this. It is fair. That said the apples to oranges is costs in NYC are astronomical. I don't begrudge Barron finishing out the year there. Next year will be a different story.

So, you don't think it is fair.  You are changing the rules because you don't like who is President. 

I will say I don't fault the NYC costs through this school year as Barron finishes school. They should move him starting next school year.

Isn't that the plan.??

They didn't want to take him out of school until the school year finished. If they don't then complain.

Are these costs based on them living in NY all 4 years ..??? If they move to DC, the point is moot.

Comparing apples and oranges. Obama had 2 small children, Trump has 4 adult children with jobs and 1 small child. It is going to be more expensive with 4 adults.

If you want to complain about something it is the Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's getting Secret Service protection for life.

King don and his family will supersede all those costs by only hundreds of millions of dollars.

It's nonsense to complain about any of it. They have to be protected.

Interesting that the posters who routinely whined about the Obamas are all crickets about this.

Everyone knew protecting the Trumpinator would be expensive.

Trumpinator himself could care less, not costing him a dime, he pays no taxes.

There is only one person that can significantly lower the cost. He won't.

So, you don't think it is fair. You are changing the rules because you don't like who is President.

Not changing the rules. I applied the same standard to everyone. Finishing a school year makes sense. Move him over the summer.

Isn't that the plan.??

They didn't want to take him out of school until the school year finished. If they don't then complain.

Are these costs based on them living in NY all 4 years ..??? If they move to DC, the point is moot.

No those are the costs spent so far. The cost in NYC is expensive as it would be no matter what. It is reasonable though to do what they are doing as long as they actually move in the summer

#fraud

"Trump’s frequent travel belies his repeated criticism of Obama as a “habitual vacationer” enjoying taxpayer-funded golf getaways. It also comes after his own promises: He told the Hill newspaper in 2015, “I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done.”

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by ODENTON

Another bubble popped for Trump supporters. Their complaints against Obama are beginning to look silly in comparison. 

Jaunts to estate in Mar-a-Lago, and secret service charges for his son's business trips across the globe, are costing American taxpayers

Donald Trump’s family’s trips have cost taxpayers nearly as much in a month as Barack Obama’s cost in an entire year.

The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Floridasince his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).

Conservative watchdog Judicial Watch estimated Mr Obama’s travel expenses totalled an average $12.1m in each of his eight years in the White House.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-costs-trips-security-taxpayer-barack-obama-month-year-a7586261.html

Fraud

Donald J. Trump
✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump

President @BarackObama's vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars----Unbelievable!

2:56 PM - 5 Jan 2012

Fraud

Donald J. Trump

✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump

President @BarackObama's vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars----Unbelievable!

We need to get the hang of alternate truth. 

Fraud

Donald J. Trump

✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump

Normally the "vacation" and travel complaints I've seen regarding the last two Presidents is lame. But since the current one is on record criticizing his predecessor and attorney dwarfing the costs of others, this time it is interesting.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account

‏@realDonaldTrump

Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter

8:03 PM - 13 Oct 2014

Perhaps he should fill the over 500 vacant political appointments

This one always makes me smile....

‏@realDonaldTrump

Why is @BarackObama constantly issuing executive orders that are major power grabs of authority? This is the latest

1:11 PM - 10 Jul 2012

Normally the "vacation" and travel complaints I've seen regarding the last two Presidents is lame. But since the current one is on record criticizing his predecessor and attorney dwarfing the costs of others, this time it is interesting.

Truth.

and he's just beginning.

‏@realDonaldTrump

Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter

8:03 PM - 13 Oct 2014

This one always makes me smile....

‏@realDonaldTrump

Why is @BarackObama constantly issuing executive orders that are major power grabs of authority? This is the latest

1:11 PM - 10 Jul 2012

Both would look nice on billboards everywhere.

I don't blame Melania for not wanting to live with him. It's obvious she despises him. I'm betting the boy will be going to school in NYC year round. Or she'll find some other way to stay away from Donny.

I don't blame Melania for not wanting to live with him. It's obvious she despises him. I'm betting the boy will be going to school in NYC year round. Or she'll find some other way to stay away from Donny.

And we'll pay...hooray