• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 kelsey59

kelsey59

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:19 PM

Comparing apples and oranges. Obama had 2 small children, Trump has 4 adult children with jobs and 1 small child. It is going to be more expensive with 4 adults.

If you want to complain about something it is the Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's getting Secret Service protection for life.

#42 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,897 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

"adult children"

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#43 kelsey59

kelsey59

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:22 PM

"adult children"

Yes, his children that are adults - are you that dense?  I will spell it out "children - noun, plural.  A son or daughter."

Edited by kelsey59, 17 February 2017 - 09:24 PM.

#44 Calamari

Calamari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47,897 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

Lighten up.

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
~George Washington

Has Obama Taken Away Your Guns Yet?

#45 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,031 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

http://money.cnn.com...mark/index.html

So for 10 years Trump was fighting the Chinese govt for a TM for his construction business.

Oddly enough after 10 years of refusal, they've granted it.

Trump was right. With his election, somebody is winning.

#46 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

What coincidence. Just dumb luck I guess.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#47 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91,679 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:39 PM

Truly, a win for "the people". (That works both ways now)
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#48 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

The biggest chunk of change is tricking out Park Ave like a TSA airport nightmare for Melonia and Baron Von Trump then sending the bill to the City.

That part really bothers me. The White House is basically a palace for the President and his family. In my pea brained opinion, if the family decides it's not good enough for them, no secret service protection at the other domicile.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#49 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,665 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

Is this anything like the incessant Obama vacations, Cape Cod, Hawaii? Trips for Michelle, the girls and grandma? Remember, Trump is not taking a salary and he started as a millionaire while Obama who started relatively poor and left as a multi-millionaire.

No it's nothing like that. Obama's wife and children lived in the White House from day one.

Donny claims to be a billionaire not a millionaire.

#50 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,031 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

Comparing apples and oranges. Obama had 2 small children, Trump has 4 adult children with jobs and 1 small child. It is going to be more expensive with 4 adults.

If you want to complain about something it is the Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's getting Secret Service protection for life.

It's nonsense to complain about any of it. They have to be protected.

Interesting that the posters who routinely whined about the Obamas are all crickets about this.

#51 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,857 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

All presidents are offered this. It is fair. That said the apples to oranges is costs in NYC are astronomical. I don't begrudge Barron finishing out the year there. Next year will be a different story.
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

#52 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,857 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:17 AM

I will say I don't fault the NYC costs through this school year as Barron finishes school. They should move him starting next school year.
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

-Master Yoda

#53 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,857 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

But the fact that Obama's traveling lifestyle was more extravagant than the entire extended Royal Family was never an issue.

Link? Of course England is much smaller

Edited by jtowne-swim, 18 February 2017 - 12:19 AM.

-Master Yoda

#54 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,857 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

As if he's not benefiting from US and foreign officials staying at his hotels or renting space in his office buildings.

Trump will likely leave the White House wealthier than before he became POTUS

He once bragged about this

-Master Yoda

#55 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,031 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

Is this anything like the incessant Obama vacations, Cape Cod, Hawaii? Trips for Michelle, the girls and grandma? Remember, Trump is not taking a salary and he started as a millionaire while Obama who started relatively poor and left as a multi-millionaire.

Incessant vacations? Compared to whom?

I don't begrudge the Trump family protection. I do find it interesting that 3 of 4 weekends Trump has hightailed it to Maralago. Incessant?

But hey maybe he's working hard the whole time. And will have his healthcare proposal and tax plan to Congress in the next few weeks as promised.

Wouldn't bet on it.

#56 kelsey59

kelsey59

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:52 AM

All presidents are offered this. It is fair. That said the apples to oranges is costs in NYC are astronomical. I don't begrudge Barron finishing out the year there. Next year will be a different story.

So, you don't think it is fair.  You are changing the rules because you don't like who is President. 

#57 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:18 AM

I will say I don't fault the NYC costs through this school year as Barron finishes school. They should move him starting next school year.

Isn't that the plan.??

They didn't want to take him out of school until the school year finished. If they don't then complain.

Are these costs based on them living in NY all 4 years ..??? If they move to DC, the point is moot.

#58 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

King don and his family will supersede all those costs by only hundreds of millions of dollars.

#59 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

It's nonsense to complain about any of it. They have to be protected.
Interesting that the posters who routinely whined about the Obamas are all crickets about this.

Everyone knew protecting the Trumpinator would be expensive.

Trumpinator himself could care less, not costing him a dime, he pays no taxes.

#60 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

There is only one person that can significantly lower the cost. He won't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users