• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,926 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

Ford is sticking with its plan to build two new factories in Mexico, despite an announcement last month that it had scrapped plans for a plant in the central state of San Luis Potosi.

The US carmaker said a planned factory in the central state of Guanajuato will build engines and transmissions, while another in the northern city of Chihuahua will make car parts for use by Ford factories in the United States, South America and Asia.

The two facilities will cost about $2.5 billion and employ some 3,800 people, said Gabriel Lopez, president and CEO of Ford Mexico

https://www.yahoo.co...-021839351.html

#2 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,353 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:03 AM

CEOs are realizing that they don't need to fear Trump's Twitter rants
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#3 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,260 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

Wouldn't America be better served if these plants were built in America?  That's 3800 jobs that Americans could, should be doing.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#4 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,363 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

Look at it as maybe those will be 3,800 fewer people looking to cross the border...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#5 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,353 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

Look at it as maybe those will be 3,800 fewer people looking to cross the border...

^this

As Mexico's economy improves fewer Mexicans are crossing into the US illegally

#6 Chesapeake Spirit

Chesapeake Spirit

King of the Neanderthals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,647 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

Hmm, maybe some of the US unemployed should consider sneaking south of the border?

Panem et Circenses :rolleyes:

#7 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,260 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

^this

As Mexico's economy improves fewer Mexicans are crossing into the US illegally

Ummm....it's not our job to improve Mexico's economy.  Their lazy, corrupt government is who that should be falling on.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#8 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,363 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

Ummm....it's not our job to improve Mexico's economy. Their lazy, corrupt government is who that should be falling on.

Isn't that what they're doing? I'm certain they incentivized Ford to come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#9 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,260 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

Isn't that what they're doing? I'm certain they incentivized Ford to come.

Oh, I'm sure they did.  But Ford is doing it to cut costs, and line the pockets of their execs.  I'm sure this is something you'd be against.

#10 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,711 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

Oh, I'm sure they did.  But Ford is doing it to cut costs, and line the pockets of their execs.  I'm sure this is something you'd be against.

I'll be getting rich with my 300 shares.  :mellow:

#11 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,353 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

Ummm....it's not our job to improve Mexico's economy. Their lazy, corrupt government is who that should be falling on.

The US had spent decades undermining economic growth in Central America (i.e. United Fruit Company, Goodyear, etc). All it got us was corrupt governments and economic refugees.

If Central American countries improve economically, we'll see fewer Central Americans entering the US.

What's the problem with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users