Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ODENTON

Ford not scrapping plans to build Mexico factories: company exec

11 posts in this topic

Ford is sticking with its plan to build two new factories in Mexico, despite an announcement last month that it had scrapped plans for a plant in the central state of San Luis Potosi.

The US carmaker said a planned factory in the central state of Guanajuato will build engines and transmissions, while another in the northern city of Chihuahua will make car parts for use by Ford factories in the United States, South America and Asia.

The two facilities will cost about $2.5 billion and employ some 3,800 people, said Gabriel Lopez, president and CEO of Ford Mexico

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-not-scrapping-plans-build-mexico-factories-company-021839351.html

CEOs are realizing that they don't need to fear Trump's Twitter rants

Wouldn't America be better served if these plants were built in America?  That's 3800 jobs that Americans could, should be doing.

Look at it as maybe those will be 3,800 fewer people looking to cross the border...

Look at it as maybe those will be 3,800 fewer people looking to cross the border...

^this

As Mexico's economy improves fewer Mexicans are crossing into the US illegally

Hmm, maybe some of the US unemployed should consider sneaking south of the border?

^this

As Mexico's economy improves fewer Mexicans are crossing into the US illegally

Ummm....it's not our job to improve Mexico's economy.  Their lazy, corrupt government is who that should be falling on.

Ummm....it's not our job to improve Mexico's economy. Their lazy, corrupt government is who that should be falling on.

Isn't that what they're doing? I'm certain they incentivized Ford to come.

Isn't that what they're doing? I'm certain they incentivized Ford to come.

Oh, I'm sure they did.  But Ford is doing it to cut costs, and line the pockets of their execs.  I'm sure this is something you'd be against.

Oh, I'm sure they did.  But Ford is doing it to cut costs, and line the pockets of their execs.  I'm sure this is something you'd be against.

I'll be getting rich with my 300 shares.  :mellow:

Ummm....it's not our job to improve Mexico's economy. Their lazy, corrupt government is who that should be falling on.

The US had spent decades undermining economic growth in Central America (i.e. United Fruit Company, Goodyear, etc). All it got us was corrupt governments and economic refugees.

If Central American countries improve economically, we'll see fewer Central Americans entering the US.

What's the problem with that?