Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CROUSEMAN

Hardy hurt again

36 posts in this topic

Personally I hope they take their time with that.

Posted (edited)

Personally I hope they take their time with that.

Yeah but not too much time. We don't need Flaherty getting any more AB's besides the ones that are absolutely necessary...which should be zero.

Edited by Pickle20

I don't think Flaherty wrecks the team's chances if he has to hit for the first week or two of the season. The alternative is if Hardy is rushed back, reinjures his back and we have Flaherty hitting more than one or two weeks.

I don't think Flaherty wrecks the team's chances if he has to hit for the first week or two of the season. The alternative is if Hardy is rushed back, reinjures his back and we have Flaherty hitting more than one or two weeks.

Yeah we have won before short term with Flash in line up. Emphasis on short term. If Hardy starts season on DL, I think you will see either Chris Johnson or Andino splitting time with Flash.  It depends on where Buck wants to play Manny short term - short or third.  I think its fair to say Flash is not much of an option at SS anymore.  Emergency only.  I don't think he has the range to be effective.  Johnson is only a third baseman.  Andino can play short and I almost forgot about Janish.  There are a lot of options for Buck to play with other than just Flash.

Yeah we have won before short term with Flash in line up. Emphasis on short term. If Hardy starts season on DL, I think you will see either Chris Johnson or Andino splitting time with Flash.  It depends on where Buck wants to play Manny short term - short or third.  I think its fair to say Flash is not much of an option at SS anymore.  Emergency only.  I don't think he has the range to be effective.  Johnson is only a third baseman.  Andino can play short and I almost forgot about Janish.  There are a lot of options for Buck to play with other than just Flash.

I agree, I think that his lack of range at short would be exposed by trotting him out there for a couple of weeks. I think that if Hardy starts the season on the DL Manny will be at shortstop. Buck was using him in ST games there before He left for the WBC. I think Janish or Andino make the team as Hardy's replacement if this happens. They can both play shortstop ( Janish especially) more effectively than Flaherty. I don't think Johnson's glove is good enough to supplant Flaherty from playing third in this scenario.

Yeah we have won before short term with Flash in line up. Emphasis on short term. If Hardy starts season on DL, I think you will see either Chris Johnson or Andino splitting time with Flash. It depends on where Buck wants to play Manny short term - short or third. I think its fair to say Flash is not much of an option at SS anymore. Emergency only. I don't think he has the range to be effective. Johnson is only a third baseman. Andino can play short and I almost forgot about Janish. There are a lot of options for Buck to play with other than just Flash.

To me, there's no question. Manny will be at SS. The question is, where does everyone else go?

There is a chance, imo, they could potentially look at putting one of the Chris's over there, then put Trumbo or Mancini at 1st. Then they could keep people on the big club and get a real look at Mancini.

Flaherty needs to stay on the bench.

Flaherty needs to go to the beer leagues.

He stinks.

Flaherty needs to go to the beer leagues.

He stinks.

LOL!!!!   With no TJ, Reimold or Matusz,  Flash is one of Buck's last favs.  He isn't going anywhere. 

LOL!!!!   With no TJ, Reimold or Matusz,  Flash is one of Buck's last favs.  He isn't going anywhere. 

TJ and Reimold will be back, just give it time.

TJ and Reimold will be back, just give it time.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

See Showalters Sunday lineups all season long for some easy outs

Trembley's Sunday lineups were the worst!!!