Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

Nuno

22 posts in this topic

I think Nuno is likely to be both the lefty long guy out of the pen as well as a spot starter, a job held down by Vance Worley last year.

One reason to like Nuno is his BB/9 over his four-year career: 2.7, 2.6, 2.2, 1.7. That's the type of downward trend you can live with.

Nuno has some positive numbers. Low walk rate, good K rate...gives up a lot of HR though. Also been traded a ton lately, so that says something but overall it's not a bad trade. Moseley was 21 in Aberdeen, so he's a long ways away from the majors and already older than many prospects starting out there.

Edited by Pickle20

I think Nuno is likely to be both the lefty long guy out of the pen as well as a spot starter, a job held down by Vance Worley last year.

One reason to like Nuno is his BB/9 over his four-year career: 2.7, 2.6, 2.2, 1.7. That's the type of downward trend you can live with.

Agree.  I also saw that Nuno's numbers as a reliever much better than a starter - just like Worley.  I saw on MASN his relief numbers for his career were 3,14 ERA and a 1.29 WHIP.  I think its a decent deal considering we got little to offer on the LH relief side. 

His overall numbers though resemble the second coming on Omar Daal.  Anyone else remember that turd from the dark ages of 2003-2004??  He was the first Ubaldo before there was an Ubaldo.

Nuno has some positive numbers. Low walk rate, good K rate...gives up a lot of HR though. Also been traded a ton lately, so that says something but overall it's not a bad trade. Moseley was 21 in Aberdeen, so he's a long ways away from the majors and already older than many prospects starting out there.

I posted this before realizing that we just drafted him last year.

Nuno is maybe better than TJ McFarland, so why give up a guy you liked 10 months ago for a soft-tossing LHP bullpen guy???

Nuno could be a decent BP, spot starter and he's in the majors now as opposed to 2-3 years for Moseley, but this is another DD head scratcher.

Edited by Pickle20

Yessssss!!!  I've been waiting for this move for 3 years!!!!

Bad news C-man, TJ is fully expected to clear waivers and be back with the O's by the end of the week. Look for Reimold to be back too. Buck likes his guys.

From his baseball reference page:

June 3, 2015: Traded by the Arizona Diamondbacks with Mark Trumbo to the Seattle Mariners for Gabriel Guerrero (minors), Jack Reinheimer (minors), Welington Castillo and Dominic Leone.

Three of those guys are now Orioles.

Bad news C-man, TJ is fully expected to clear waivers and be back with the O's by the end of the week. Look for Reimold to be back too. Buck likes his guys.

Yeah I know, but its a start getting him off the 40 man.  At least they are beginning to realize that TJ isn't much of an option anymore.  Only took a 7 ERA and a 2 WHIP for it to sink in.

Yeah I know, but its a start getting him off the 40 man.  At least they are beginning to realize that TJ isn't much of an option anymore.  Only took a 7 ERA and a 2 WHIP for it to sink in.

Not really. They didn't non-tender him.

I saw a a quick note on MASN that TJ was placed on release waivers.  What does that mean???   Sounds like DD trying to save that 625K he has due.  Is TJ really going to be gone? 

I saw a a quick note on MASN that TJ was placed on release waivers.  What does that mean???   Sounds like DD trying to save that 625K he has due.  Is TJ really going to be gone? 

Diamondbacks sign TJ.  Whew!  Dodged that bullet.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/03/diamondbacks-sign-t-j-mcfarland-to-minor-league-deal.html#comments

Apparently, Matusz is also in Arizona.

I love it, one D-backs fan posted that the team will surprise the division, if Matusz and TJ return to their previous form. :lol:  

I like the Nuno addition. He's not amazing but he throws 5 pitches, he's a lefty, and he has experience.

This guy isn't going to win the division for them, but he should be able to help.

I like the Nuno addition. He's not amazing but he throws 5 pitches, he's a lefty, and he has experience. This guy isn't going to win the division for them, but he should be able to help.

You forgot his biggest attribute.  He is not TJ!!!   Agree with your post.