Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weird-O

Christian Walker, DFA'd

31 posts in this topic

I think Walker needed a change of environment. Something is going on in AAA. These O's prospect do great in Double AA and go to Norfork and slide downward. 

I think he is fixable. 

I thought Walker was one of the O's big prospects. Some Farm System this team has.

Me too!!!

I think Walker needed a change of environment. Something is going on in AAA. These O's prospect do great in Double AA and go to Norfork and slide downward. 

I think he is fixable. 

From other posts I've seen on other threads, Norfolk must be a tough park to hit in for power.

Another in the long line of overrated Orioles "prospects"

From other posts I've seen on other threads, Norfolk must be a tough park to hit in for power.

Norfork was designed by the Mets to match Shea Stadium so when their hitters got to the majors they would be use to the dimensions. It is a pitchers park.

The playing surface is Natural Grass, and the dimensions are 333 ft. in LF, 410 ft. in CF, and 318 ft in RF.

Now the Reds have him!

The Reds have claimed first baseman Christian Walker off waivers from the Braves and designated right-hander Jumbo Diaz for assignment in order to clear a spot on the 40-man roster, tweets Zach Buchanan of the Cincinnati Enquirer. Atlanta had just picked up Walker off waivers a couple of weeks ago, but they clearly weren’t able to succeed in passing him through waivers themselves.

Walker, 26 later this month, was long viewed as a potential first base/DH option in the Orioles organization, but both of those spots are blocked in the long-term by Chris Davis and Mark Trumbo. Beyond that, Walker had seen himself leapfrogged by fellow first base/DH prospect Trey Mancini within the Orioles’ ranks.