Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cosgrove

Fired Coaches In Baltimore County

35 posts in this topic

Folks,

I have recently heard a rumor that some Baltimore County Coaches were let go because of illegal practices. That is amazing. I have heard for years of coaches getting away with murder and not being let go. Does anyone out there know what really happened?

I know that the one specific case invoved coaches from a school basically holding full out practices at a baseball training facility. I don't want to give names yet without completely confirming exactly happened. I am pretty sure I am correct though. I just need confirmation from others befoe I start to throw out names.

Not sure of your intel and who but if you cheat shouldn't you be fired?

I'm assuming you are talking Football here?

Edited by SaintBull

Actually in this specific situation I believe it involved baseball. That is not to say that there are not other situations out there.

Oh ok, I don't know anything about baseball, but yes there are definitely "other" situations out there.

Oh ok, I don't know anything about baseball, but yes there are definitely "other" situations out there.

What are those out there "other situations?"

I will give you one example of something a program got away with. Basically a softball team played in a tournament in Myrtle Beach during spring break.

A lot of schools do tournaments in Myrtle Beach over the break.

I will give you one example of something a program got away with. Basically a softball team played in a tournament in Myrtle Beach during spring break.

Now I don't know much about baseball but I do believe that's the only time players can participate in baseball tournaments.

You are right, and it's the only time available. Once season starts they usually play at least 3games a week

I only know this because I was once asked to chaperon a load of baseball knuckleheads during a spring break tournament.  Teams are allowed to do this specifically by rule.  At least it was okay then....

Edited by DayWalker

The key is there is a 300 mile rule that a team can travel for those tournaments

The key is there is a 300 mile rule that a team can travel for those tournaments

No guy,  The 300-mile rule further state NO LOSS of school time.  School time is not lost during spring break.

Daywalker, then I am mistaken. My apologies. I only stated that rule based on multiply athletic directors telling me.

Right again. But the one thing can not be done that you were talking about.

No problem Cos.  This place can be a learning environment even for ADs and The DayWalker.

But understand the rules I cited above is for the MD county I'm familiar with and they can vary from the BMore County you are talking about but the rules pretty much follow county to county within the MPSSAA.

Edited by DayWalker

That would actually be softball season and as long as it was scheduled would be ok!

What are those out there "other situations?"

BaltCo schools have been breaking the practice rules for football for a long time.  When I first saw this thread I assumed it was about football.  

BaltCo schools have been breaking the practice rules for football for a long time. When I first saw this thread I assumed it was about football.

Who?

BaltCo schools have been breaking the practice rules for football for a long time.  When I first saw this thread I assumed it was about football.  

haha no comment

These are worthless posts without substantive commentary saint.  Such posts without the Who, What, When foundation is a mere abyss.  Be a real saint and elaborate saint.

Edited by DayWalker