Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

Spring Training Fun

98 posts in this topic

Who will be this year's Nolan Reimold sleeper??   Lights out in spring training almost every year, then thud when the curtain would go up.  Giavontella early leader going 3-3 today.  I'll never spell his name right.  I got D. Alvarez having a big spring, but to no avail.  Buck no likey.

Question

Are ST ballparks made to resemble the teams home park maybe to help players get adjusted for when they head up north

Games on Masn vs Yanks

Down 1-0

Watched a little bit.  Not much action.  Drake got shelled in 9th giving up a 3 run bomb and recorded zero outs.  He was on DFA bubble to begin with.  Johnson played decent at third fielding some hot shots.  I want to change my sleeper pick from Alvarez to Gentry.  Alvarez looks terrible.  He will be a DFA for sure if Gentry and /or Bourn make the roster.  Another former top 5 prospect soon to be out the door.  Discarded like an empty coke can. 

Os vs Phils on MLB Network

Wow we sent the scrubs up to Clearwater!  Buddy of mine at game.  He lives down there in the winter.  I hate him, LOL!!

Wright already in midseason form

Gave up a 2run bomb to tommy Joseph

Edited by bleedingorangeandblack

Wright already in midseason form

Gave up a 2run bomb to tommy Joseph

This almost has to be his last year to flounder around as a back-up starter at AAA.  he has to be out of options after this year.  He is Tommy Hunter II,  Get him in the pen.

I'm looking forward to the WBC. I've enjoyed it in previous years.

Os 12

Boston 5

Always nice to beat them

Couple of the new guys off to good starts.  Castillo thumping early and Ynoa was good yesterday.

That was a nice dinger for Caleb. I hope he comes back strong this year.

Miley shelled yesterday.  Its only spring training, but in the time I've seen Miley it sure looks like the "scrub" we traded to Seattle is much better.  And about 8 or 9 mil cheaper.  I read where Miranda is the 6th starter for Seattle and most likely be the long LH out of the pen.  If anyone falters in the rotation he will probably be next up. So far this looks like a real boner of a DD deal. 

The numbers Miranda posted in Seattle are enough to make you sick.  5-2, era 3.54, whip 1.09.  Only 28.

Miley shelled yesterday. Its only spring training, but in the time I've seen Miley it sure looks like the "scrub" we traded to Seattle is much better. And about 8 or 9 mil cheaper. I read where Miranda is the 6th starter for Seattle and most likely be the long LH out of the pen. If anyone falters in the rotation he will probably be next up. So far this looks like a real boner of a DD deal.

He looked great in his 1st outing

But its spring

But its spring

How did he look for us last year in those multiple starts???  I think he had a foul odor.  With that being said,  he was one guy I was hopeful would bounce back to have a solid year.  Its baseball, so you know by mid year this trade could flip in the O's favor. 

This is more about how good Miranda looks with another organization.  Maddening.

Posted (edited)

That doesn't count. Only the bad performances count. Edited by bmore_ken