• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Miley shelled yesterday.  Its only spring training, but in the time I've seen Miley it sure looks like the "scrub" we traded to Seattle is much better.  And about 8 or 9 mil cheaper.  I read where Miranda is the 6th starter for Seattle and most likely be the long LH out of the pen.  If anyone falters in the rotation he will probably be next up. So far this looks like a real boner of a DD deal. 

#22 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

The numbers Miranda posted in Seattle are enough to make you sick.  5-2, era 3.54, whip 1.09.  Only 28.

#23 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Miley shelled yesterday. Its only spring training, but in the time I've seen Miley it sure looks like the "scrub" we traded to Seattle is much better. And about 8 or 9 mil cheaper. I read where Miranda is the 6th starter for Seattle and most likely be the long LH out of the pen. If anyone falters in the rotation he will probably be next up. So far this looks like a real boner of a DD deal.

He looked great in his 1st outing
But its spring
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#24 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

But its spring

How did he look for us last year in those multiple starts???  I think he had a foul odor.  With that being said,  he was one guy I was hopeful would bounce back to have a solid year.  Its baseball, so you know by mid year this trade could flip in the O's favor. 

This is more about how good Miranda looks with another organization.  Maddening.

#25 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,630 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

That doesn't count. Only the bad performances count.

Edited by bmore_ken, 04 March 2017 - 01:10 PM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#26 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

How did he look for us last year in those multiple starts??? I think he had a foul odor. With that being said, he was one guy I was hopeful would bounce back to have a solid year. Its baseball, so you know by mid year this trade could flip in the O's favor.
This is more about how good Miranda looks with another organization. Maddening.

I was down on Wade as well however if my memory serves me right he was pretty good down the stretch
Miranda is 28 and pitching in safeco maybe
Would rather have neither but the safe bet is the vet

#27 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

Lol exactly
Are you getting the show 18

#28 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

Steve Johnson back
Minor league deal

#29 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Os win 1-0 over tampa

#30 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

LOL!!!  The good outings are so few its hard to remember them!!!

#31 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

I was down on Wade as well however if my memory serves me right he was pretty good down the stretch
Miranda is 28 and pitching in safeco maybe
Would rather have neither but the safe bet is the vet

That's what I was banking on.  That he showed a little something late.  And I think he had a good stretch with Seattle before he was traded.  All in all though I'd rather have a middling LH pitcher that is making the minimum like Miranda then the middling vet Miley  that is making 9 mil.  That's a no brainer.

#32 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

UJ with 3 scoreless today.  If he can carry over close to what he did late last year, the top 4 of the rotation will be pretty good.  Chris Johnson continues to hit. 

#33 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

UJ with 3 scoreless today. If he can carry over close to what he did late last year, the top 4 of the rotation will be pretty good. Chris Johnson continues to hit.

Hopefully he plays over Ryan

#34 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

Pitching continues to be very good this spring. Shut out yesterday until Orndusak gives up a bomb in the 9th. Hope this guy has his ticket bought for Norfolk.

#35 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,947 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Miley
3 IN
0 runs

#36 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

Miley
3 IN
0 runs

Nice bounce back for Miley.  Glad to see he wasn't hurt after getting nailed by a line drive last time out.  I think he can be serviceable as a 5th starter and that's all we need from that spot.  Usually our 5th starters are a train wreck, so with a low bar Miley should be an upgrade.

#37 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

Dariel Alvarez is being converted to a pitcher. He has always thrown in the BP, both with the O's and in winter ball, so this isn't a brand new conversion experiment. He's reluctant, because he prefers being a full time player, especially batting. I didn't know that his scouting report has him listed as a plus, plus arm. He hums it in at 97 mph 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#38 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

Dariel Alvarez is being converted to a pitcher. He has always thrown in the BP, both with the O's and in winter ball, so this isn't a brand new conversion experiment. He's reluctant, because he prefers being a full time player, especially batting. I didn't know that his scouting report has him listed as a plus, plus arm. He hums it in at 97 mph 

I had seen it mentioned a couple times that he had best OF arm in the organization.  I fully expect him to be DFA'd off the 40 man when Gentry makes the team.  He will probably remain with the team and be outrighted to low A ball to start pitching. Cant see another team grabbing him.  His stock is almost at zero as an OF. Another failed top 5 prospect.  Maybe he will re-invent himself like Givens did.

#39 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

I had seen it mentioned a couple times that he had best OF arm in the organization.  I fully expect him to be DFA'd off the 40 man when Gentry makes the team.  He will probably remain with the team and be outrighted to low A ball to start pitching. Cant see another team grabbing him.  His stock is almost at zero as an OF. Another failed top 5 prospect.  Maybe he will re-invent himself like Givens did.

According to the article I read, several teams wanted to sign him (out of Cuba) as a pitcher. He went with the O's, because they offered him a chance to make it as a position player. If he's DFA'd, he's as good as gone. Someone will take him, you can't teach 97 mph. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#40 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

According to the article I read, several teams wanted to sign him (out of Cuba) as a pitcher. He went with the O's, because they offered him a chance to make it as a position player. If he's DFA'd, he's as good as gone. Someone will take him, you can't teach 97 mph. 

Does a team that takes him off waivers have to put him on the 40 man??  If so those spots are at a premium, that why I don't think anyone will take a project like this on the 40 man.  And same reason I think the O's DFA him.  I guess we could DFA Gunkle instead if the team really is in love with Alvarezs arm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users