• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

Miley and Wilson shelled yesterday.  Britton rusty, but healthy.  The LHP  from Yanks, Bleier, good again.  Really like to see those high OBP numbers from Gentry and Rickard. Along with Kim and Smith we actually have some corner OF who can play this year.  But those punch and judy guys just not scratching DDs itch.  So lets run Pedro out there with his lead glove. 

#62 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,504 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

I can't believe we didn't resign Vance Worley with the rotation issues going into camp, knowing Tillman's shoulder was sore.

#63 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

I can't believe we didn't resign Vance Worley with the rotation issues going into camp, knowing Tillman's shoulder was sore.

Yeah we are in trouble with rotation.  But I think Ynoa may surprise.  Sure seems like DD passed on Worley because he had no options left.  If Ynoa and Verrett flop, DD will look dopey.

#64 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,100 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Hows Miranda doing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#65 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

Hows Miranda doing

Better question is what does Gallardo look like this spring?? 

#66 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:27 AM

Better question is what does Gallardo look like this spring?? 

Just looked it up.  Both he and Miranda have been somewhat lousy.  Carrying around 6 ERAs and Whips over 1.50. 

#67 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

Seth Smith has been a ghost this spring.  Bad hammy I guess.  Buck slobbering to get Pedro in RF so ole Seth better step on the gas the first 6 weeks of the year. 

#68 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

Trumbs in RF and Alvarez at DH today. Yeah the 2016 band is getting back together!!! No need to see anymore of Mancini. Send the bum back to Norfolk. We got Pedro now. And Seth Smith still a ghost.

#69 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

Is Smith the new Reimold

#70 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

Is Smith the new Reimold

He better buddy up to Brady then. That bought Nolan about 3 years longer than he should of been here.

#71 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,504 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

Ubaldo sucks again.

#72 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

Ubaldo sucks again.

The guy flat out sucks. Should've been cut/ released over a year ago.

But no let's keep him around to make the team worse simply b/c they owe him money. Idiotic.

Edited by BayAreaBmore, 22 March 2017 - 01:58 PM.

#73 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Ubaldo sucks again.

I almost never use ST production to assess a player. But with UJ, it's safe to do it. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#74 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,504 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

I almost never use ST production to assess a player. But with UJ, it's safe to do it. 

You can't really judge their stats, but I saw Bud Norris in person early in ST in 2015 and I knew right off he was done, at least in Baltimore.

Ubaldo could be slacking on his mechanics again -- could be time to pull him aside for another session. Hopefully McDowell and Co. (Brady) can have the same success as Wallace did.

Edited by Pickle20, 22 March 2017 - 02:37 PM.

#75 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

You can't really judge their stats, but I saw Bud Norris in person early in ST in 2015 and I knew right off he was done, at least in Baltimore.

Ubaldo could be slacking on his mechanics again -- could be time to pull him aside for another session. Hopefully McDowell and Co. (Brady) can have the same success as Wallace did.

LOL!!!!  Yeah Pickleman let's get Brady on the case to fix UJ again.  Brady knows pitching!!!

#76 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

Hopefully McDowell can have a positive affect on UJ. But I wouldn't call UJ's results with Wallace "success". He's been a bust under Wallace's instruction. I'm not blaming Wallace for that, I just don't think UJ can be fixed. Those mechanics can not be consistently replicated.   

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#77 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

LOL!!!! Yeah Pickleman let's get Brady on the case to fix UJ again. Brady knows pitching!!!

I thought the rumor was he knew catching

#78 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,100 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

Bourne
Johnson released

#79 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,100 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:16 AM

38 Remain (per Roch)

Pitchers (17)
Jayson Aquino
Brad Brach
Zach Britton
Dylan Bundy
Oliver Drake
Kevin Gausman
Mychal Givens
Donnie Hart
Ubaldo Jimenez
Wade Miley
Vidal Nuno cut
Darren O’Day
Chris Tillman(DL)
Logan Verrett cut
Tyler Wilson cut
Mike Wright cut
Gabriel Ynoa

Catchers (2)
Welington Castillo
Caleb Joseph

Infielders (9)
Robert Andino cut
Chris Davis
Ryan Flaherty
Johnny Giavotella cut
J.J. Hardy
Paul Janish cut
Manny Machado
Trey Mancini (also an outfielder)
Jonathan Schoop

Outfielders (10)
Pedro Alvarez (also an infielder)
Chris Dickerson cut
Craig Gentry cut
Adam Jones
Hyun Soo Kim
Joey Rickard
Anthony Santander
Seth Smith (DL)
Aneury Tavarez (DL)
Mark Trumbo

Thats the moves i would make

Thoughts

#80 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Pitchers: I don't know if I would cut the guys you mentioned. I would reassign them to the minors. The reason being, the O's system has absolutely no arms to bring up, in an emergency. Those guys, for as terrible as they are, still represent the best the system has to offer.  

Infielders: I would keep Janish in Norfolk, cut the others you mentioned. As far as I know, the system has no back up for Hardy, when he eventually hits the DL again. Flaherty is a slightly better bat, but Janish's defense is so superior to RF, that I'd rather see the glove save runs from being scored, than to see RF not hit, and also not cover SS as well.

Outfieders: Santander is the one that's injured, not Tavarez (unless Tavarez is also injured). I would move Alvarez to Norfolk, then wait for him to opt out, and I'd keep Gentry. He's less reliable with the bat, but he's had a great ST, and has the potential to make a comeback. Plus he's a great glove, and can run the bases well. If his bat gets back on track, he's a complete player. If there's still too many players, Rickard to Norfolk. I'd like to see Tavarez stay with the org, if possible.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users