• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

Delete. Turning into a pure political discussion thread. 

Edited by CROUSEMAN, 25 February 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:29 AM

My opinion of John Angelos just went up a couple of notches.
The kids are alright.

#3 russsnyder

russsnyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

Uh oh, watch for the Trump response via twitter that calls out Md. crabcakes as overrated, Fells Point college girls as "not as hot as advertised", and Mr. Boh as an icon whose time has long since passed. He will finish the tweet with calling Buck's failure to use Britton in the WC Game as "The worst move ever."

Edited by russsnyder, 25 February 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#4 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,809 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

My opinion of John Angelos just went up a couple of notches.

Yeap...

Normally I wouldn't want my ball club commenting on the presidency but these are no ordinary times and everyone who has a stake in America needs to speak up.

#5 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,809 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

Uh oh, watch for the Trump response via twitter that calls out Md. crabcakes as overrated, Fells Point college girls as "not as hot as advertised", and Mr. Boh as an icon whose time has long since passed. He will finish the tweet with calling Buck's failure to use Britton in the WC Game as "The worst move ever."

Based on his other twitter tirades, this would be a huge boost for Phillips and Maryland tourism.

#6 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:58 AM

Good for him
Interesting to see the fans response
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#7 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

Good for him
Interesting to see the fans response

This is kind of why I posted this thread.  Any impact to fans coming out, advertisers doing business with the O's who support Trump, ect.  This is too politically charged a subject so I deleted the opener.  This board is for baseball discussion.  I should of never posted this thread.  My bad.

#8 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

This is kind of why I posted this thread. Any impact to fans coming out, advertisers doing business with the O's who support Trump, ect. This is too politically charged a subject so I deleted the opener. This board is for baseball discussion. I should of never posted this thread. My bad.

I would like to think that despite our political beliefs this is a discussion folks on this side could handle..
IMO Angelos(minor) has a point especially with baseball being as diverse as it is and having such a huge latin america presence

#9 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

Yeap...

Normally I wouldn't want my ball club commenting on the presidency but these are no ordinary times and everyone who has a stake in America needs to speak up.

I totally get what you are saying.  I just worry the owner of our team is making statements that may make if difficult for some fans and advertisers to support the O's.  As an owner of a MLB team that should be welcoming to all,  his statement (well intentioned)  could be viewed as divisive to the O's fan base. 

#10 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:25 AM

I would like to think that despite our political beliefs this is a discussion folks on this side could handle..
IMO Angelos(minor) has a point especially with baseball being as diverse as it is and having such a huge latin america presence

Yes, good point.  It plays on both sides.  It just seems its a no win when an owner throws his hat into political commentary. It just seems like it splits the fan base, IMO.

#11 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

I totally get what you are saying. I just worry the owner of our team is making statements that may make if difficult for some fans and advertisers to support the O's. As an owner of a MLB team that should be welcoming to all, his statement (well intentioned) could be viewed as divisive to the O's fan base.

Not sure how his statement could be viewed as divisive the way i saw it,it says all are welcome to spend your money here we dont care who you are lol

If im a MLB owner im saying the same thing itll put butts in seats and possibly get me to expand an fan base

#12 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

Not sure how his statement could be viewed as divisive the way i saw it,it says all are welcome to spend your money here we dont care who you are lol

If im a MLB owner im saying the same thing itll put butts in seats and possibly get me to expand an fan base

LOL!!!  That's a good one.  Expand the fan base.  You may actually be right in Baltimore.  This will play well.

#13 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

I live in south central PA where there is a large O's fan base.  This place also gave Trump 80% of the vote.  I'll have to ask around the 20 or 30 O's fans I know to see if they even care what junior even said. Probably they don't.  They just care that he signs Manny to an extension, LOL!

#14 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

I live in south central PA where there is a large O's fan base. This place also gave Trump 80% of the vote. I'll have to ask around the 20 or 30 O's fans I know to see if they even care what junior even said. Probably they don't. They just care that he signs Manny to an extension, LOL!

Lol thatll be an interesting discussion

#15 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

Lol thatll be an interesting discussion

Yep it will be.  Angelos playing to his base in Baltimore.  Doesn't play well in middle America , i.e. south central PA.  How ironic, LOL! 

#16 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

Yep it will be. Angelos playing to his base in Baltimore. Doesn't play well in middle America , i.e. south central PA. How ironic, LOL!

Im not sure why what he said would be a problem in any american household i could be wrong but all he asked for was an apology for painting with a very broad brush which doesnt seems like alot to ask

#17 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

Im not sure why what he said would be a problem in any american household i could be wrong but all he asked for was an apology for painting with a very broad brush which doesnt seems like alot to ask

There will be no apology and Angelos knows that.  So to the O's fans who back Trump, Angelos just told the POTUS he is not welcome at Camden yards.  That's ballsy and risky.  And totally his right to do so.   Again, from my original premise, I don't think that's a great business move for the team.  But hey the Angelos family have been great owners for the fans right???  LOL!!!

#18 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

There will be no apology and Angelos knows that. So to the O's fans who back Trump, Angelos just told the POTUS he is not welcome at Camden yards. That's ballsy and risky. And totally his right to do so. Again, from my original premise, I don't think that's a great business move for the team. But hey the Angelos family have been great owners for the fans right??? LOL!!!

So let me make sure i follow
Camden Yards is supposed to be a place for all
Trump wants amaerica to be a plave for the select
If Trump who is supposed to be a representative of all in America wants to toss out a baseball in Camden Yards then maybe he should pretend to represent the country as such

#19 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

So let me make sure i follow
Camden Yards is supposed to be a place for all
Trump wants amaerica to be a plave for the select
If Trump who is supposed to be a representative of all in America wants to toss out a baseball in Camden Yards then maybe he should pretend to represent the country as such

I respect that opinion.  I may not agree, but I respect that.  Same as Angelos can have his opinion.  Just saying I think there are a lot of O's fans that totally disagree.  This will probably blow over with no consequences.  But its been interesting discussion. 

#20 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

Proud Father of 4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,097 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

I respect that opinion. I may not agree, but I respect that. Same as Angelos can have his opinion. Just saying I think there are a lot of O's fans that totally disagree. This will probably blow over with no consequences. But its been interesting discussion.

I guess thats where im confused as to what there is to disagree about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users