55 replies to this topic

#41 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Well I can't argue that!!! Good one. On the other hand, the inept, one trick pony offense didn't help either. Not sure the O's score again if the game had gone 20 innings.

We'll never know that because of his bone head pitching decision. Not to make excuses for the offense but prior to Ubaldo coming in the Jays only had 6 hits to the O's 4, so it's not like they were tearing the cover off the ball either.

Edited by bmore_ken, 15 March 2017 - 11:38 AM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#42 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

We'll never know that because of his bone head pitching decision. Not to make excuses for the offense but prior to Ubaldo coming in the Jays only had 6 hits to the O's 4, so it's not like they were tearing the cover off the ball either.

Yes good point.  And I will always contend that UJ should of never , ever been on that WC roster.  It should of been Worley.  Then UJ would of never been an option.  Everyone but DD and Buck know UJ is a disaster out of the pen.  This loss is still so irritating on a lot of levels. 

#43 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,704 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

Just heard Roch on the radio. Asked about PA, he said there's no way he breaks camp with the O's. He simply isn't ready to play the OF, no matter how much they love his power. So the May opt out was built in to allow them to see if he'll be able to make the transition. Gentry is looking like the guy that's getting the last roster spot dedicated to the OF. AJ, Kim, Smith, Rickard and Gentry are Roch's pick to come north. 

weird-O takes a deep breath and relaxes  :D

* Even though I still wish Tavarez could be kept

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#44 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

Just heard Roch on the radio. Asked about PA, he said there's no way he breaks camp with the O's. He simply isn't ready to play the OF, no matter how much they love his power. So the May opt out was built in to allow them to see if he'll be able to make the transition. Gentry is looking like the guy that's getting the last roster spot dedicated to the OF. AJ, Kim, Smith, Rickard and Gentry are Roch's pick to come north. 

weird-O takes a deep breath and relaxes  :D

* Even though I still wish Tavarez could be kept

Well that's good news.  I guess if someone like Trumbs or Smith gets hurt , he'll be first guy called up.  Which gets to your point of blocking a young guy with upside like Mancini.  And if there are no injuries, I just don't  see how he fits on the 25 man.  Btw,  I saw some of the game yesterday on the Pirates channel.  Alvarez still looks quite burly to put it nicely,  I just see no chance of him being effective in the OF. 

Agree it would be nice to keep Tavarez.  Maybe he sticks for the first couple weeks until we need another pitcher.  His numbers at the plate this spring are decent.  And his speed is something else.  Never know what will happen at that point in late April.

#45 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Yes good point. And I will always contend that UJ should of never , ever been on that WC roster. It should of been Worley. Then UJ would of never been an option. Everyone but DD and Buck know UJ is a disaster out of the pen. This loss is still so irritating on a lot of levels.

I know we should probably put this topic to bed, but I agree that loss was so irritating on so many levels and I think largely b/c it was a microcosm of the entire season.

Ultimately the offense was completely inept like it had been for so many games all season and it was beyond predictable. That to me is so frustrating, many fans knew the offense would be incapable which set the table for Buck's inexplicable managing in extra innings. I still don't think the offense would've scored a run even if the game went 30 innings. Lastly I 100% agree Ubaldo never should've been on that roster. Awful.

#46 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

I know we should probably put this topic to bed, but I agree that loss was so irritating on so many levels and I think largely b/c it was a microcosm of the entire season.

Ultimately the offense was completely inept like it had been for so many games all season and it was beyond predictable. That to me is so frustrating, many fans knew the offense would be incapable which set the table for Buck's inexplicable managing in extra innings. I still don't think the offense would've scored a run even if the game went 30 innings. Lastly I 100% agree Ubaldo never should've been on that roster. Awful.

You just summed up why I'm so frustrated with the Alvarez signing.  Just more of the same from last year.  Yeah lets get the whole band back together even though we laid a colossal egg in the most important game of the year.  I guess Ken was right.  I am worked up about this as a carryover from last year's thud of an ending.

#47 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

Spot on. The talking heads and media seem to forget this simple fact.

It was very clear in the last 6 weeks of the season that Baltimore's "swing from the heels" philosophy had run its course.

#48 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

Alvarez on fire with bat.  Hit another dong today.  Buck may tell Seth Smith to take the next month off to heal his hammy.  I'm only half kidding.  Alvarez could come North at this rate. 

If this pans out tp help the team, I'll be first on the board with a mea culpa.

#49 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

Alvarez on fire with bat. Hit another dong today. Buck may tell Seth Smith to take the next month off to heal his hammy. I'm only half kidding. Alvarez could come North at this rate.
If this pans out tp help the team, I'll be first on the board with a mea culpa.

He may help the team but I'll be curious to see how much he actually does if he stays hot.

Reason being is he probably won't get much playing time and Buck loves to rest his platoon guys after they have a couple good games lol. Always been a head scratcher for me

#50 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

He may help the team but I'll be curious to see how much he actually does if he stays hot.

Reason being is he probably won't get much playing time and Buck loves to rest his platoon guys after they have a couple good games lol. Always been a head scratcher for me

DD and Buck love this guy.  He will get his chances. I can't believe we will be seeing the Trumbo and Alvarez show again this year.  Unreal.  With each donger, Alvarez's glove looks less and less like a frying pan to Buck.

#51 BayAreaBmore

BayAreaBmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:06 PM

DD and Buck love this guy. He will get his chances. I can't believe we will be seeing the Trumbo and Alvarez show again this year. Unreal. With each donger, Alvarez's glove looks less and less like a frying pan to Buck.

I'm with you. I was really hoping for just a little bit of a shake up at the few positions that's weren't already locked down, which included catcher and corner outfield. I'm not gonna complain about the Trumbo signing but I was hoping for a little speed/ agility / OBP for the corner outfield spots

#52 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

I'm with you. I was really hoping for just a little bit of a shake up at the few positions that's weren't already locked down, which included catcher and corner outfield. I'm not gonna complain about the Trumbo signing but I was hoping for a little speed/ agility / OBP for the corner outfield spots

Yes, but at least they did pick up a few speedy pieces from the bargain bin in Gentry, Bourn and Tavarez.  Gentry looks ;like hell be on the 25 man.  Not sure what happens to the other 2 down the road.  I don't know if Buck likes Tavarez or not.  He is having a good spring with the bat, but I've seen no comments similar to what he said about Rickard last year.

#53 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,374 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Great points everyone. I too am still pissed off about the way it ended last year. 

And were basically the same damn team.

#54 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

I guess Ken was right. I am worked up about this as a carryover from last year's thud of an ending.

I almost want to see him make the team JUST so I can watch you explode. :D :D
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#55 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

I almost want to see him make the team JUST so I can watch you explode. :D :D

I've resigned myself to the fact that he will be on the 25 man roster sometime this year. Its just who we are as a team. Its maddening to me, but I'm over it.  I hope Pedro does well and helps the team if he gets the chance.  I'll never root against an Oriole player just so it makes me look right.

#56 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

I too am still pissed off about the way it ended last year.

And were basically the same damn team.

Yep, swing from the heels every time. No approach & no plate discipline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users