Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dshawg1

Orioles Bring Back Paul Janish on Minor League Deal

4 posts in this topic

I guess he saw Hardy having back issues already...great move! Guy can really flash some leather at SS! Good insurance.

Agree.  I like Janish.  Hope this doesn't mean Hardy is worse off than they are telling us.

Agree.  I like Janish.  Hope this doesn't mean Hardy is worse off than they are telling us.

I'm guessing that Manny moves over, if Hardy is out. Then that new guy (his name escapes me right now) will play 3B. I think the O's system is lacking anyone to play shortstop. While he's a backup plan for Hardy. He's mostly a shortstop for a Norfolk team that doesn't appear to have a shortstop.  

I'm guessing that Manny moves over, if Hardy is out. Then that new guy (his name escapes me right now) will play 3B. I think the O's system is lacking anyone to play shortstop. While he's a backup plan for Hardy. He's mostly a shortstop for a Norfolk team that doesn't appear to have a shortstop.  

What about Andino??  Can he still play short?  I agree that the first choice is to slide Manny to short full time if Hardy is out,  I saw he was at SS in the spring training game the other day.  The new guy for third is Chris Johnson.  I guess a lot depends on how he looks this spring.  He may be a butcher at third and that is a no go with Buck.  With Andino and Janish hanging around, its pretty clear to me that the team does not consider Flarherty much of a SS option anymore.

But to your point, Norfolk is barren of infield options other than the ones that were signed this winter.