Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

Starting a keeper fantasy baseball league

16 posts in this topic

12 teams, head to head. Still debating if I want to do categories or points. Thinking at the moment that you keep two pitchers and two position players per season, but I might consider making it a full dynasty format.

Post here if you're interested and I'll begin to set things up! Looking for serious players only who will stick out the season.

I'd like to.

Is this for real money?

I'm a software guy for a company that does online fantasy sports so I need to be sure there are no appearances of a conflict of interest.

I'd like to.

Is this for real money?

I'm a software guy for a company that does online fantasy sports so I need to be sure there are no appearances of a conflict of interest.

Lol i coach football if that helps put your mind at ease

Lol i coach football if that helps put your mind at ease

We try to steer clear of playing fantasy for money because it looks bad.

I'm in NY State where all of that controversy went down with the big fantasy providers.

We try to steer clear of playing fantasy for money because it looks bad.

I'm in NY State where all of that controversy went down with the big fantasy providers.

No money here just bragging rights and to prove we know more than DD

I'd like to.

Is this for real money?

No money, at least not this year. Just fun.

Mixed or AL or NL only? Not much for points leagues; much prefer the old Rotisserie category style of play.

I want to do mixed. I like categories too, but rotisserie has always felt a little stale to me because of how uncompelling each day is. I'm considering doing a weekly head to head categories league, where the team who wins the most categories each week gets the win, and standings are determined by the number of weekly wins.

Edited by Slidemaster

I'm in

I want to do mixed. I like categories too, but rotisserie has always felt a little stale to me because of how uncompelling each day is. I'm considering doing a weekly head to head categories league, where the team who wins the most categories each week gets the win, and standings are determined by the number of weekly wins.

Aren't there sites where you can do it where you award points for head to head, yet still recognize the standard roto format? If that's what you mean by mixed, then carry on.

I'm in

Aren't there sites where you can do it where you award points for head to head, yet still recognize the standard roto format? If that's what you mean by mixed, then carry on.

I think he's referring to an AL-NL setup.

Thanks for the interest guys. I'm going to set up the league in the next couple of days. Please feel free to express interest if you'd like to join.

Edited by Slidemaster