46 replies to this topic

#41 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,537 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

OK, so people here don't like to get into politics.  That's a better reason than "Get this BS off the board."

Still, this board is described as "Talk about high school sports", and this topic is about high school wrestling, albeit in Texas.  And it's a bit hard to get away from politics when a transboy wrestling girls and taking testosterone goes undefeated.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#42 aacountyfootball

aacountyfootball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

I have a feeling that we are all going to survive and learn to live with each other when people realize that it is highly unlikely that any of these things are ever going to impact them personally.  People spend so much time worrying about whether a baker is going to be forced to bake a cake at a gay wedding or whether a transgender athlete is going to have an unfair advantage in a meaningless athletic competition, etc.  Neither of those scenarios is likely to impact anyone.  It seems to me like the bigger issue that does impact all of us on a daily basis is whether everyone is our society feels like they are included and treated as equals so that we can bridge this divide.  The trade off is not even close.

#43 50defense

50defense

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

For the record as the OP I do not have any trans- relatives that I know about.  As a person that works with student-athletes regularly I know how much time and effort they put into their athletic endeavors.  I found the article interesting from a sports perspective which of course has natural political implications.

Barriers of race, sexual orientation and disability have been shattered through sports, all of which had ripple effects on HS athletics.

#44 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,192 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

I see this is a cheating by default. The rule requires him to compete as a girl so his choice to use PEDs should make him ineligible. This is a case in which the issue should not be about his ability to change his chemistry but more about how that change leads to an unfair advantage.

Should asthmatics be ineligible?
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

#45 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,192 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

True, as it would be between Texas and MD, two organizations but under the National Federation. The OP talked about the issue coming to MD. It that to say MD has no policy nor the NFHS?

MD has coed wrestling
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

-Master Yoda

#46 50defense

50defense

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

JT-S outstanding point

#47 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,192 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

JT-S outstanding point

Which one?

I think what people miss with the PED thought is that a transgender transition is only taking testosterone in order to have the same amount of testosterone that a normal human male would produce.  Essentially making them hormonally a male. A normal male on Testosterone is going to have more testosterone than a person produces naturally. In fact the drug test is a ratio of testosterone to progesterone. So saying such a person should be banned for PED is like saying an asthmatic can't have an inhaler.

-Master Yoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users