Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

Fantasy Baseball Trades

10 posts in this topic

If it isn't a contract league, then Machado is enormously valuable since third base is the less productive of the two corner positions.

How long are you allowed to keep players? Most of the leagues I played in allowed no more than three. If Machado and Kluber are in the final years of their contracts, then I can see trading them for some keepers, but even so, you're giving up two studs. Can you keep Seager beyond this year? Other than the draft picks (and I always played auction format, so I can't speak from experience there; I also don't know what's available in your draft), you're essentially getting a couple of fillers in Davis and Archer.

Archer could be good if he bounces back, but while Davis will obviously give you power, he won't do your batting average any favors.

You can keep them for as long as you like my concern with Manny and or Archer is where will they be 2018

Wow, you've got the fantasy equivalent of the reserve clause. :)

Seager, however, is signed long-term with Seattle, so you won't have to worry there, so essentially you're swapping a pitcher with a long-term deal for a shortstop with the same. That means you're getting Davis, Archer and two draft picks for Manny, and as you said, it's uncertain where he'll be in 2018. To be honest, the deal sounds a bit like a dump on your part.

Wow, you've got the fantasy equivalent of the reserve clause. :)

Seager, however, is signed long-term with Seattle, so you won't have to worry there, so essentially you're swapping a pitcher with a long-term deal for a shortstop with the same. That means you're getting Davis, Archer and two draft picks for Manny, and as you said, it's uncertain where he'll be in 2018. To be honest, the deal sounds a bit like a dump on your part.

Lol im just tired of finishing in last place

8yrs straight

Lol im just tired of finishing in last place

8yrs straight

I'd hold off until I knew exactly what figured to be available in the upcoming draft.

Is there any limit as to how many players you can carry over from year to year?

I'd hold off until I knew exactly what figured to be available in the upcoming draft.

Is there any limit as to how many players you can carry over from year to year?

10 every uear but it has to be a combination of 5batter and 5 pitchers or 7 batter 3 pitchers etc etc etc