Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

7 Baltimore officers to be federally indicted for racketeering including robbing victims

74 posts in this topic

Manny ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz

Are you describing Nick's inaction in Annapolis?

This is very very bad.

Plus, there's probably more that haven't been indicted yet.

Smh

The Real Wire...

Pretty normal cop behavior, I wonder who they pissed off to get snitched on.

No its not .....

We all know you hate cops but tge vast majority are the good guys .....

And these are innocent until proven guilty .....

Wrong. Meanwhile I bet you are one of those people who dial 911 over everything despite your disdain for law enforcement.

Posted (edited)

Well, here are some racist cops. Focused too much on predominantly black neighborhoods. What an embarrassment to the Department and City.

Five of the seven are black. Seems like money power and greed are colorblind.  :(

Edited by Papi

Posted (edited)

The city needs an outside agency to look into all overtime claims, audit the entire department.

They also need to fix their hiring practices, they're getting the bottom of the barrel and They also need to end affirmative action hiring, the black cops appears to have a larger amount of crooks being hired.

Too bad for these guys they aren't facing that idiot Mosby, the Feds don't mess around, these guys are toast and will be convicted and need to serve out 90% of the time they're sentenced to.

Edited by genghiskhanraven

The city needs an outside agency to look into all overtime claims, audit the entire department.

They also need to fix their hiring practices, they're getting the bottom of the barrel and They also need to end affirmative action hiring, the black cops appears to have a larger amount of crooks being hired.

Too bad for these guys they aren't facing that idiot Mosby, the Feds don't mess around, these guys are toast and will be convicted and need to serve out 90% of the time they're sentenced to.

I agree.

WRONG again. If found guilty throw the book at them.

Amen!  An example needs to be made of them.

Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter if they're black or white, they all swore blue. If they are convicted of betraying their oath and the city's trust they should go away for a long time.

Somehow there was a big-time breakdown in the BPD command structure that allowed these guys to get away with this for so long. Did nobody ever complain to headquarters?

These guys must have felt very confident  if they carried on during the Justice Department investigation.  Do we know who blew the whistle on them, or did the feds get a tip during their investigation?

If an asst. St. atty tipped them off, that person should be disbarred -- at a minimum.

We've had previous cases where officers were shaking down dope dealers or pocketing cash, but this sounds like a major organized racket.

Edited by retired

Yes the city needs an outside forensic accounting agency to look into these guys bank accounts and assets I bet some have squirreled away a lot of money that doesn't add up to their salaries.

Shouldn't those calling for audits or accounting of the overtime for police also be wondering where the millions of dollars of school funding went? Seems to me like there are a lot of city agencies in need of audits.

i was listening to Public Radio around 1 today. And they were talking about the cops. Well they had Jane Miller WBAL....and she said something  interesting.....

Where is Pugh on this....this story broke at 4 ....she should have called a conference by 5.

'

Or something like this...

Has anyone heard anything?

i was listening to Public Radio around 1 today. And they were talking about the cops. Well they had Jane Miller WBAL....and she said something interesting.....

Where is Pugh on this....this story broke at 4 ....she should have called a conference by 5.

'

Or something like this...

Has anyone heard anything?

Probably this:

Bill for city to control BPD to be withdrawn http://www.abc2news.com/news/region/baltimore-city/bill-to-move-baltimore-police-department-under-city-control-not-moving-forward

Posted (edited)

Still trying to figure out what this case is all about .....

The overtime dollars grab everyone's attention but is that really a federal crime? ......

That's serious stuff but figured that was admistrative or local violation ....

The overtime charges get people's attention but that's not why they are holding them without bail.....

What's the crux of the federal charges against each of the officers.....

A link explaining all the charges without all the drama thats in most of the articles would be appreciated .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

The overtime dollars grab everyone's attention but is that really a federal crime? ......

The overtime charges get people's attention but that's not why they are holding them without bail.....

A link explaining all the charges without all the drama thats in most of the articles would be appreciated .....

I thought it was primarily about racketeering, robbing people, filing false reports, and covering for one another.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/03/seven_baltimore_police_officer.html

Posted (edited)

racketeering, these guys were running an organized crime outfit like the mob.

Also would you really want them to be investigated by the city?

Edited by genghiskhanraven

I thought it was primarily about racketeering, robbing people, filing false reports, and covering for one another.

Pretty much.

Now I haven't stayed in a holiday inn express for a while but I do watch law and order. 

So what about all the people these aholes put in jail.  Won't most, if not all, be wanting a new trial and then start suing the city or state or whatever agency these fools worked for.

Even that article AL the way from new Orleans is short on specifics on all the officers and plays up the overtime angle .....

Has a couple specific robbery charges against one of two officers and then talks is general term ....

Matt, since these are federal charges they are on MD judicial web site......

Do you know where they are? ......

Back to my original question about is ot abuse part of a federal case?

Yes I read that this morning. They (city politicians) figured out the meaning of With great power comes great responsibility.

They figured out that when the city has an ahh shxt moment like this one ....it will be FOR THEM to figure out....not the state.

They will probably figure out that out also when the Mayor has full access and control of the schools...provided the bill goes through. Hope it does....let them deal with it.

I like you am trying to parse this out.

But I think the overtime was a 'freebie'. That the feds are involved probably due to THE 7 being on that special task force and were working with the feds...even if it was only for warrants for wiretaps ...well that is all it takes.

For guys to be so bright The 7 I mean. I think it was pretty dumb of them to be bragging about overtime over a secure line during surveillance.

I hear Pugh is calling for an immediate audit. I would imagine she'll get it. And a LOT of commanders that wink winked Okaying OT are going to be looking for other jobs.

I was looking at what these guys get as base pay then OT .....I am what what? I fully realize that the people in blue put their lives on the line. But avg near 100000 a year and most have only a HS education....and teachers get paid  less than 1/2. And face it ....in BC schools many are also putting their lives on the line also.

If it wouldn't be so messy I think they should nuke BC and start over.

Even that article AL the way from new Orleans is short on specifics on all the officers and plays up the overtime angle .....

Has a couple specific robbery charges against one of two officers and then talks is general term ....

Matt, since these are federal charges they are on MD judicial web site......

Do you know where they are? ......

Back to my original question about is ot abuse part of a federal case?

I don't think this would show up on Maryland Case Search.

Here's a link to the indictment: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bal-document-indictment-against-seven-baltimore-police-officers-20170301-htmlstory.html