Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

7 Baltimore officers to be federally indicted for racketeering including robbing victims

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

What these guys did was illegal and they must pay with their freedom. At breakfast today, there was the Baltimore Sun on my table. After reading the sports, I glanced the front page and read the top story. It's clear the Sun, and especially Justin Fenton, have a hatred for law enforcement. Even though I agree with blasting these rogue officers, I can still see the bias of the Sun.

Yes blast the rouge cops for sure. But....hmmm....as I stated earlier.....if the threads really start to unravel....there may not be any cops in the BPD  left. :lol: :o At least those from the 'pre-fed-review' guard. 

See matt I got the letters right this time. ;) :lol:

Oh and if one does not see bias in the Sun....that persons name HAS to be Helen Keller.

Edited by Guido2, 05 March 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#62 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,167 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

so I read the indictment this morning, thanks Matt......

there is some pretty egregious behavior in there but the majority of the 34 counts were on the overtime fraud, counts 11-34 ......

so I finally found the answer to my question as to why the OT was being pursued as federal charges instead of local theft or even administrative or personnel charges ......

The charges are described as interstate wire fraud since the alleged fraudulent time sheets were "transmitted via interstate electronic wires to ADP, the company that managed the BDP payroll.......

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#63 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,618 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

Detective Daniel Hersl again denied release.

[Assistant US Attorney Leo] Wise also said that last August, Hersl and other officers engaged in an unsanctioned high-speed pursuit of a vehicle that ended in a crash.

"When the vehicle crashed, Defendant Hersl and his co-defendants did not come to the aid of the vehicle occupant," prosecutors wrote. Instead, they said the officers drove to a nearby location and watched until someone else called emergency responders to the scene of the accident.

To cover up their involvement in the pursuit, prosecutors said, Hersl told the other officers to make false claims on their time and attendance sheets so it would not look like they were working.

Hersl's brother Matt was killed in 2013 when a vehicle pursued by police crashed near City Hall.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#64 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Detective Daniel Hersl again denied release.

Hersl's brother Matt was killed in 2013 when a vehicle pursued by police crashed near City Hall.

The guy that worked at City Hall and walked outside for lunch or something.
This piece of crap cop is his brother!? And he leaves injured people in a crashed car...

#65 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

Wow. After reading the indictments all I can say is wow. Unbelievable and shocking to say the least. These 7 Officers are screwed. Months of wiretaps and surveillance. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure the Feds have more to produce. These cops dishonored the badge and the good men and women of the police department. I hope the department can recover from this. I just read that the rest of the members of the Operations Unit have all be sent back into uniform to work cars.  

#66 blowboatbethesda

blowboatbethesda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Wow. After reading the indictments all I can say is wow. Unbelievable and shocking to say the least. These 7 Officers are screwed. Months of wiretaps and surveillance. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure the Feds have more to produce. These cops dishonored the badge and the good men and women of the police department. I hope the department can recover from this. I just read that the rest of the members of the Operations Unit have all be sent back into uniform to work cars.  

Excellent post, Sir.

#67 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

I read in the Sun; (pg 4) today that Davis ordered the reduction of most all special units by about 30%, The commander of the ring leader...was demoted to leut. and shipped out. He also is calling for big time audits of everything.....didn't even wait for the Mayor. Which was within his job description.

Maybe be a smaller group of cops....in the end. And a better group. From experience; the old saying of 'one rotten apple spoils....' is very true. The bad rot the good cops.

If a big shakedown comes....and I think Davis is the man to do it........BC could turn around.

Here is hoping! And I really mean that ..........................

Edited by Guido2, 08 March 2017 - 10:13 PM.

#68 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

Excellent post, Sir.

Thank you 

#69 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

I read in the Sun; (pg 4) today that Davis ordered the reduction of most all special units by about 30%, The commander of the ring leader...was demoted to leut. and shipped out. He also is calling for big time audits of everything.....didn't even wait for the Mayor. Which was within his job description.

Maybe be a smaller group of cops....in the end. And a better group. From experience; the old saying of 'one rotten apple spoils....' is very true. The bad rot the good cops.

If a big shakedown comes....and I think Davis is the man to do it........BC could turn around.

Here is hoping! And I really mean that ..........................

Ive lost my confidence in Davis. Right now he's just grasping at straws for the sake of keeping his job. I get that he's trying to do some damage control but completely getting rid of plainclothes officers is not the way to go. Im just really happy that Im not a resident of Baltimore anymore. The summer is right around the corner and without officers proactively policing the neighborhoods, Davis gave the streets right back to the hoodlums. They have now gained a significant advantage on committing more crimes. If this was a chess game, Davis would surely lose. 

#70 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:32 PM

Ive lost my confidence in Davis. Right now he's just grasping at straws for the sake of keeping his job. I get that he's trying to do some damage control but completely getting rid of plainclothes officers is not the way to go. Im just really happy that Im not a resident of Baltimore anymore. The summer is right around the corner and without officers proactively policing the neighborhoods, Davis gave the streets right back to the hoodlums. They have now gained a significant advantage on committing more crimes. If this was a chess game, Davis would surely lose.

They are proactively policing the neighborhoods.
The plainclothes that he put in uniform are in cars. They are very visible.
However, there's most likely going to be more than the 7.

#71 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

They are proactively policing the neighborhoods.
The plainclothes that he put in uniform are in cars. They are very visible.
However, there's most likely going to be more than the 7.

Do you really believe that those officers he just put in cars are really going to "proactively" police the neighborhood? The significant rise in crime over the last 2 years disagrees with your notion. 

#72 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

Do you really believe that those officers he just put in cars are really going to "proactively" police the neighborhood? The significant rise in crime over the last 2 years disagrees with your notion.

My notion?
I'm not talking about the last 2 years...I'm talking about the "cleansing" and restructuring going on now.

#73 yeah

yeah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:21 AM

good on davis for dissolving the plainclothes unit.  its a sad situation when the local residents have more to fear from the police force 'protecting' them than anyone else

#74 AugusteDupin

AugusteDupin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

My notion?
I'm not talking about the last 2 years...I'm talking about the "cleansing" and restructuring going on now.

Im not talking about the last two years either, but since you mentioned it...there are less police on the streets now than there was two years ago. The surge in crime (not just one type of crime, but all crimes) has increased significantly in the last two years. One of my neighbors is a city officer and he stated that practically every district only has 8 officers on the midnight shift. Prior to 2015, there were 20 officers per shift. Do the math, that's 2-3 officers patrolling sections of a district. How can 8 officers "proactively" patrol the streets and be "visible"? If a shooting occurs, that whole district is down for several hours. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users