Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

David Price getting MRI on elbow

10 posts in this topic

Sounds like it could be serious.

Even without Price, the Red Sox still have the best rotation in the AL East. But this would be a big setback for them.

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I'm with you Bruce. I liked Price. But when he put on that uni, he became as unlikable as Big Floppy. I'm not wishing for a bad result, but I'm not going to feel bad for one either.

Like Buck says (borrowed from Lou Holtz), People don't care about your problems, and most are glad you have them. 

I don't know why everyone feels bad for him. I'm happy for him. He's guaranteed $32million/year for forever whether he pitches or not. :)

I don't know why everyone feels bad for him. I'm happy for him. He's guaranteed $32million/year for forever whether he pitches or not. :)

There is that.  Hell, I'd be happy to take 5% of that for sitting out!  ;)

But on the serious side, competitors love to compete and give their best, his emotional pain may be the hardest thing for him to overcome.

Any time a pitcher visits Dr. Andrews, it's never a good thing.

Not trying to paint a gloomy picture, but the record shows that for every player, pitcher or otherwise, who sought a second opinion from Dr. Andrews in the past five years, almost every one of them wound up needing Tommy John and subsequently missed significant time.

Link

It looks as if Price will not need surgery after all--just rest and medication. Still, with over 1,600 innings already on his arm, you have to wonder if this will turn into one of those nagging injuries which limits his effectiveness all season.

Nonetheless, a cautionary tale of the perils of big contracts for pitchers.

Link