26 replies to this topic

#1 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,555 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:25 AM

I can't find this topic posted here so merge if it has already been discussed.

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — The Maryland House of Delegates voted Friday to reprimand a lawmaker for using his position to advocate for changes in awarding licenses to medical marijuana producers that could have resulted in a benefit to a company that employed him.

The House voted 138-0 to reprimand Del. Dan Morhaim, a Baltimore County Democrat who was a paid consultant for Doctors Orders, a company that is now a finalist to grow and process marijuana in Maryland.

The case prompted Gov. Larry Hogan to call for ethics reforms he is backing to "try to stop this growing culture of corruption" in Annapolis.

On three occasions last year, Morhaim advocated to the state's medical marijuana commission that it change its method of awarding licenses to process marijuana, said Del. Adrienne Jones. His plan, she said, would have permitted any entity awarded a grower's license that also applied for a processor license to be automatically granted a processor license, unless the application was grossly deficient."

https://www.usnews.c...gainst-lawmaker

Amazing that he wouldn't know that that is a problem.

:rolleyes:

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#2 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,834 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:49 AM

The guy used his committee influence and had a deal on the side. But Busch says he's ok ......

#3 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,555 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

He only violated the "spirit" of ethics rules. I don't even know what that means but I do have to laugh at his complaints about "leaks" into the investigation. Poor baby.  :(

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#4 overtaxed

overtaxed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

It had to have been bad for them to call out a democrat.

After all, the problem is hogan.  ha

#5 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

He only violated the "spirit" of ethics rules. I don't even know what that means but I do have to laugh at his complaints about "leaks" into the investigation. Poor baby.   :(

It had to have been bad for them to call out a democrat.

After all, the problem is hogan.  ha

Yes seems Morhaim is stealing a page from the Trump playbook. well i only sort of broke the law...but not really the law....but just the intent of the law (the spirit)...and SHOULDN'T YOU BE PAYING ATTENTION TO THOSE DAMN LEAKERS ....NOW THEY THEY BROKE THE LAW. Go after them. :mad:

What a farce. To me is sort of like being pregnant .... you are or you aren't. :rolleyes:

I also love the fact that Hogan called him out. And now he is DEMANDING an apology....AN APOLOGY. Talk about chutzpah. Glad Hogan polite said no.

If you are I did something like this in the business world....like kickbacks from a company that is working with the company that employees you. You wouldn't even get a chance to pack your box...you'd hit the curb face first.

Also, imagine if it was a REPUBLICAN that did this. But you don't need to imagine you are likely damn sure he/she would be thrown out of office PERIOD. :angry:

Sort of an aside; I just love the way the Sun reports things. Did anyone notice that when the story first broke there was no mention of party affiliation. And in todays article it never mentioned he was a democrate till about 1/2 way through .... the second page?

Ten dollars to a doughnut if it had been a Republican. The title would have been REPUBLICAN REPRESENTATIVE....blah blah. And Republican would have been mentioned at every opportunity.

But what do you expect. It is very similiar to when a crime is reported and they are looking for a suspect. Great discription....never color.....if black. Now white....they scream it from the rooftops.

Yah unbias reporting :mad: :rolleyes:

#6 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

Ohhhhhh and I forgot.....the Black caucus of the GA should have a field day with the fact that the company he is associated with just happened to get THREE licenses.

Bet Mike and Mike are very very busy trying to herd those cats. :lol: Hope the stress kills them both.

#7 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,191 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

Also, imagine if it was a REPUBLICAN that did this. But you don't need to imagine you are likely damn sure he/she would be thrown out of office PERIOD. :angry:

Uh...NO.

I refer you to the swamp.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#8 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,181 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

Uh...NO.

Oops.

#9 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,396 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

Uh...NO.

In Maryland?

Sorry, but the gators in the Maryland swamp have a D behind their name.

#10 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

In Maryland?

My comment was in reply to Guido's Post #5 -

Also, imagine if it was a REPUBLICAN that did this. But you don't need to imagine you are likely damn sure he/she would be thrown out of office PERIOD.

Location is irrelevant. "A REPUBLICAN" is a Republican anywhere in this country - not just in Maryland.

Also, Maryland doesn't have a proprietary claim on ethics.

Your reply to my comment is an obfuscation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

.â€
~

#11 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Well for what it is worth.

I WAS REFERRING TO MARYLAND....the bluest of blue states.

And I WAS referring to that fact and if it was a MARYLAND Republican....there would not be a tree high enough to hang them from.

Now the rest of the country....well that is a mixed bag. One I care not to go into on this particular thread. Must stay on topic. :D ;)

#12 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

In Maryland?

While I don't disagree with your D statement.

It is becoming more and more apparent with every passing day....that if you are in politics your are in the swamp. PERIOD. There was a time when politicians ACTUALLY REPRESENTED AND WORKED FOR THE PEOPLE THEY REPRESENTED.

Now it seems that they are solely in it for two things; getting re-elected and supporting and advocating what ever 'the party' (AKA swamp) wants. On those two points you can not disagree. And to be clear.....I mean BOTH PARTIES.

#13 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

It is becoming more and more apparent with every passing day....that if you are in politics your are in the swamp. PERIOD. There was a time when politicians ACTUALLY REPRESENTED AND WORKED FOR THE PEOPLE THEY REPRESENTED.

Now it seems that they are solely in it for two things; getting re-elected and supporting and advocating what ever 'the party' (AKA swamp) wants. On those two points you can not disagree. And to be clear.....I mean BOTH PARTIES.

Okay. This is where I was coming from in Post #10.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

.â€
~

#14 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,652 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

Every once in awhile you knock one outta the park. :)
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#15 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

Hear, hear, Guido,

One other element in the swamp. The lobbyists who buy the legislators through campaign funds in exchange for such goodies as unlimited access and writing bills which the legislature then passes.

The self-righteousness of the House of Delegates in censuring Morhaim left me with one reaction: Can they look in the mirror and see a clear conscience?

#16 Rocketwolf

Rocketwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,710 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:21 AM

Hear, hear, Guido,

One other element in the swamp. The lobbyists who buy the legislators through campaign funds in exchange for such goodies as unlimited access and writing bills which the legislature then passes.

The self-righteousness of the House of Delegates in censuring Morhaim left me with one reaction: Can they look in the mirror and see a clear conscience?

Politicians only look into the voting booth if they see enough votes their conscience is happy

I trust the Police
more than I trust President Obama

#17 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:47 AM

Every once in awhile you knock one outta the park. :)

Sort of like; even a blind dog can find a bone once in the will. And a blind pig (w/ no lipstick) can find a truffle? ;) :D

#18 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

Hear, hear, Guido,

Funny....when I read that.... I sort of thought about the vampire and looks in the mirror and sees nothing. Hmmmmmm.....guess that is what they mean by 'an empty suit'.

Kidding aside, I don't know how they do it either. Maybe it is a gene....the pathological liar gene...you must be born with. And lets face it Trump must have an abundance of that gene. :D

I have seen some slezy liars/politicians in my time. But this is the first one that I have ever seen that lies about the lie...turns around he never said the lie....lies again about both lies, Then turns around and blames the media (or leakers) for reporting the lies(s) and saying they made them up.

aaaahhhhhh eeeyahhh :rolleyes: :mad:

Pretty much what Morham did/is doing and the GA are now facilitators.

Edited by Guido2, 07 March 2017 - 07:57 AM.

#19 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,838 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

ohhhhhhh, he's REPRIMANDED!!!!

That'll sure fix him!

Edited by Saticon3, 08 March 2017 - 04:50 PM.

#20 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,834 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

ohhhhhhh, he's REPRIMANDED!!!!

That'll sure fix him!

And might still be in on the licenses when they happen .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users