jdsample

Good night, my friends

144 posts in this topic

Good night again everyone.  I'm looking forward to a liberal giving me a black eye tomorrow, but until then, sleep well.  

Water 2 Wine. SW corner of Centennial. University & County Line.

Will try for Thursday afternoon and PM if I can get there. Looking forward to a good merlot.

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon everyone.

Hopefully this type of thinking will carry over to the other forums.

But I have to ask. What is a person living in Boulder doing on a Md page? Transplant? :D

It also seems there quite a few Non-Md-ers. Water 2 Wine? Houston?

Edited by Guido2

Good afternoon everyone.

Hopefully this type of thinking will carry over to the other forums.

But I have to ask. What is a person living in Boulder doing on a Md page? Transplant? :D

It also seems there quite a few Non-Md-ers. Water 2 Wine? Houston?

I think that your concerns would be valid on the 'Locals' forum, that's why I don't post there. This is the 'National/World News' forum. ;)

Will try for Thursday afternoon and PM if I can get there. Looking forward to a good merlot.

Stags Leap is awesome but get out of your comfort zone.  Carmenere', Super Tuscans, Amarone, Brunello.  And BYOF.  We have no kitchen, just pretzels, and a few Boars Head products.  

OK, I feel like we should go offline for any other info.  The forum is not for advertising.  I'm on the edge.  

Posted (edited)

Good morning all (gee it's almost good afternoon!). Hope everyone is feeling good and ready to debate, but with civility and respect. I know I sometimes slip a bit on that front so please feel free to call me out if I am not civil and respectful in arguing my position.

:lol: :lol: :lol:....knee slap....LOL.....'stop it'

Edited by ODENTON

:lol: :lol: :lol:....knee slap....LOL.....'stop it'

I see you are really getting into the spirit. Typical liberal tolerance... :)

ok, here is my question: since i am nice in all of the other threads, can i be nasty in this one??  :ph34r:

ok, here is my question: since i am nice in all of the other threads, can i be nasty in this one??  :ph34r:

I think you deserve a special dispensation. Unless, of course, you are planning to be nasty to me. 

You really do seem a genuinely nice person. A rare jewel to be sure. So, ding that reputation at your own peril.

Stay as nice as you are now.  You really don't want to go to the dark side.  Once there it is hard to go back.

I think you deserve a special dispensation. Unless, of course, you are planning to be nasty to me.

You really do seem a genuinely nice person. A rare jewel to be sure. So, ding that reputation at your own peril.

Watch her do it and get banned. LOL

I see you are really getting into the spirit. Typical liberal tolerance... :)

Typical broad brush conservative. :) 

back off, buzzkills!! hahaha.  :D

i have always thought that being nasty was counterproductive. no worries. 

but please don't check me on the ravens board when things aren't going well..  :P

Posted (edited)

back off, buzzkills!! hahaha.  :D

i have always thought that being nasty was counterproductive. no worries. 

but please don't check me on the ravens board when things aren't going well..  :P

Nailed it.  

But yes, guilty a few times.  Me.

Edited by jdsample

Thanks for the thread JD.

With this weather I've been out on a few rides, in Colorado, in late Feb and this past weekend. The most recent took me through Bear Creek Park, up and over Dinosaur Ridge, and back through Morrison. The wind kicked my arse on the way back.

You been getting out?

Friends and family call me Chip.  JD stands for John Donaldson.  Grew up in Colorado but left on HS graduation day for Maryland.  Then Virginia, Florida (my birthplace). NY, CT, Cali, Hawaii, back to Cali, Texas, Arkansas,  and after a 25-year exodus, I am back in Colorado.  

I would enjoy hearing the stories of some other folks.  If we were to connect on a human level here, maybe we could come a little closer on controversial threads and instead of insults,  exchange honest arguments and agree to disagree on occasion, but to toast to those disagreements?  

So let's go back to the slugfest of Nats, but at the end of the day come say hello, pour a drink, and realize that every one of us that take the time to write and read the posts that appear here, are in the 1% that aren't watching MTV and playing wargames or Candycrush.  

Thanks for the thread JD.

With this weather I've been out on a few rides, in Colorado, in late Feb and this past weekend. The most recent took me through Bear Creek Park, up and over Dinosaur Ridge, and back through Morrison. The wind kicked my arse on the way back.

You been getting out?

NO!  But I know those trails.  I need no wind to kick my ***.  My *** gets kicked going downhill these days.  Have you ridden up Mt. Carbon in the golf course?  I hate that, but the ride down into BC reservoir is a thrill.  Unfortunately, you are in a hole and you have to ride out.  Climbing up over Alameda Avenue to get to C-470 trail is tough.   

I think what we suffer from is like a parked car syndrome.  You might throw a rock at a parked car.  You won't hurt anyone.  If there is a wife and child in the car it is different.  You have to look them in the eyes to throw the rock.  Most posters here are parked cars, simply because we don't know each other.  If we were to know a bit about each other you would see their eyes and hesitate to throw a rock.   

I think what we suffer from is like a parked car syndrome.  You might throw a rock at a parked car.  You won't hurt anyone.  If there is a wife and child in the car it is different.  You have to look them in the eyes to throw the rock.  Most posters here are parked cars, simply because we don't know each other.  If we were to know a bit about each other you would see their eyes and hesitate to throw a rock.   

No question about it. In fact, I'll go further and say that the development and evolution of the internet is what has made us so polarized.

Posted (edited)

No question about it. In fact, I'll go further and say that the development and evolution of the internet is what has made us so polarized.

I disagree. An internet chat forum such as this presents an opportunity to post nasty and polarizing stuff...but the poster has to chose to do so.

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

NO!  But I know those trails.  I need no wind to kick my ***.  My *** gets kicked going downhill these days.  Have you ridden up Mt. Carbon in the golf course?  I hate that, but the ride down into BC reservoir is a thrill.  Unfortunately, you are in a hole and you have to ride out.  Climbing up over Alameda Avenue to get to C-470 trail is tough.

Mt Carbon was my first ride this year. I have to ride about a mile to get to the 470 trail at Bowles. Mt Carbon and back is about 13 miles.

I'm lucky. I can get on the 470 and go north to Bear Creek, Dino Ridge, and / or Red Rocks, and the Bear Creek Trail; or head south through Chatfield and on to the Platt River Trail. Most loops I make out of those are about 20 miles, less often I'll do about 30.

Posted (edited)

Buchanan's American Cultural War speech kicked things off.  Newt and Rush and the republican Tokyo Rose crowd took it from there. And the internet has taken it from there.  In fact, just finished this article over the weekend. It charts Trump's nihilist internet troll base from its gamer roots and will raise the hair on your neck. Maybe its common knowledge? Big Baltimore connection as well. I'd post it as a thread but nobody will read it. 

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.wbfs4lh2f

Edited by zenwalk

Posted (edited)

You could be right.  But I have zero evidence for you.  Maybe we should all be required to use our DL photo as our avatar? But American Dad is way more attractive than me.   ;)

Edited by jdsample

Mt Carbon was my first ride this year. I have to ride about a mile to get to the 470 trail at Bowles. Mt Carbon and back is about 13 miles.

I'm lucky. I can get on the 470 and go north to Bear Creek, Dino Ridge, and / or Red Rocks, and the Bear Creek Trail; or head south through Chatfield and on to the Platt River Trail. Most loops I make out of those are about 20 miles, less often I'll do about 30.

You must be very fit.  Me, not so much.   I'm lucky if I can do the Platte, Bear Creek 470 loop once a year.  We live a mile south of 470 0ff Colorado.  So for us, it is about a 45-mile loop.  I have never done a century.  Have you done Elephant Rock?  

I think it is time to say good night once again.  We can cross swords again tomorrow.  Sleep well and we can slap the **** out of each other tomorrow.