#41 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

Friends and family call me Chip.  JD stands for John Donaldson.  Grew up in Colorado but left on HS graduation day for Maryland.  Then Virginia, Florida (my birthplace). NY, CT, Cali, Hawaii, back to Cali, Texas, Arkansas,  and after a 25-year exodus, I am back in Colorado.  

I would enjoy hearing the stories of some other folks.  If we were to connect on a human level here, maybe we could come a little closer on controversial threads and instead of insults,  exchange honest arguments and agree to disagree on occasion, but to toast to those disagreements?  

So let's go back to the slugfest of Nats, but at the end of the day come say hello, pour a drink, and realize that every one of us that take the time to write and read the posts that appear here, are in the 1% that aren't watching MTV and playing wargames or Candycrush.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are all Keynesians now.
Richard M. Nixon

Cynicism--the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence.
Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Eric Hoffer

#42 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for the thread JD.

With this weather I've been out on a few rides, in Colorado, in late Feb and this past weekend. The most recent took me through Bear Creek Park, up and over Dinosaur Ridge, and back through Morrison. The wind kicked my arse on the way back.

You been getting out?

NO!  But I know those trails.  I need no wind to kick my ***.  My *** gets kicked going downhill these days.  Have you ridden up Mt. Carbon in the golf course?  I hate that, but the ride down into BC reservoir is a thrill.  Unfortunately, you are in a hole and you have to ride out.  Climbing up over Alameda Avenue to get to C-470 trail is tough.   

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#43 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

I think what we suffer from is like a parked car syndrome.  You might throw a rock at a parked car.  You won't hurt anyone.  If there is a wife and child in the car it is different.  You have to look them in the eyes to throw the rock.  Most posters here are parked cars, simply because we don't know each other.  If we were to know a bit about each other you would see their eyes and hesitate to throw a rock.   

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#44 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

I think what we suffer from is like a parked car syndrome.  You might throw a rock at a parked car.  You won't hurt anyone.  If there is a wife and child in the car it is different.  You have to look them in the eyes to throw the rock.  Most posters here are parked cars, simply because we don't know each other.  If we were to know a bit about each other you would see their eyes and hesitate to throw a rock.   

No question about it. In fact, I'll go further and say that the development and evolution of the internet is what has made us so polarized.

#45 MiddleOfTheRoad

MiddleOfTheRoad

Among the thinking people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,308 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

No question about it. In fact, I'll go further and say that the development and evolution of the internet is what has made us so polarized.

I disagree. An internet chat forum such as this presents an opportunity to post nasty and polarizing stuff...but the poster has to chose to do so.

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad, 07 March 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#46 AttackPlanR

AttackPlanR

Liberal? Yes. Democrat? Hell no!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,597 posts
  • Location5,600ft above sea level

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

NO!  But I know those trails.  I need no wind to kick my ***.  My *** gets kicked going downhill these days.  Have you ridden up Mt. Carbon in the golf course?  I hate that, but the ride down into BC reservoir is a thrill.  Unfortunately, you are in a hole and you have to ride out.  Climbing up over Alameda Avenue to get to C-470 trail is tough.

Mt Carbon was my first ride this year. I have to ride about a mile to get to the 470 trail at Bowles. Mt Carbon and back is about 13 miles.

I'm lucky. I can get on the 470 and go north to Bear Creek, Dino Ridge, and / or Red Rocks, and the Bear Creek Trail; or head south through Chatfield and on to the Platt River Trail. Most loops I make out of those are about 20 miles, less often I'll do about 30.

May the road always rise to meet you, but not with the massive force of a 50 pound car bomb.
Old Northern Ireland Proverb, The Onion.

It's finally time for real auto racing!!

#47 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,329 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

Buchanan's American Cultural War speech kicked things off.  Newt and Rush and the republican Tokyo Rose crowd took it from there. And the internet has taken it from there.  In fact, just finished this article over the weekend. It charts Trump's nihilist internet troll base from its gamer roots and will raise the hair on your neck. Maybe its common knowledge? Big Baltimore connection as well. I'd post it as a thread but nobody will read it. 

https://medium.com/@...98cb#.wbfs4lh2f

Edited by zenwalk, 07 March 2017 - 09:16 PM.

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#48 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

You could be right.  But I have zero evidence for you.  Maybe we should all be required to use our DL photo as our avatar? But American Dad is way more attractive than me.   ;)

Edited by jdsample, 08 March 2017 - 11:42 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#49 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

Mt Carbon was my first ride this year. I have to ride about a mile to get to the 470 trail at Bowles. Mt Carbon and back is about 13 miles.

I'm lucky. I can get on the 470 and go north to Bear Creek, Dino Ridge, and / or Red Rocks, and the Bear Creek Trail; or head south through Chatfield and on to the Platt River Trail. Most loops I make out of those are about 20 miles, less often I'll do about 30.

You must be very fit.  Me, not so much.   I'm lucky if I can do the Platte, Bear Creek 470 loop once a year.  We live a mile south of 470 0ff Colorado.  So for us, it is about a 45-mile loop.  I have never done a century.  Have you done Elephant Rock?  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#50 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

I think it is time to say good night once again.  We can cross swords again tomorrow.  Sleep well and we can slap the **** out of each other tomorrow.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#51 mrsmlh

mrsmlh

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

I think it is time to say good night once again.  We can cross swords again tomorrow.  Sleep well and we can slap the **** out of each other tomorrow.  

It seems kinda early for you to be calling it a night.

Good dreams my friend.

#52 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Good dreams my friend.

Yeah, what is it, like 8PM Mountain time?

#53 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

I think it is time to say good night once again. We can cross swords again tomorrow. Sleep well and we can slap the **** out of each other tomorrow.

:D
Good Night

#54 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

Yeah, what is it, like 8PM Mountain time?

Now it is 11.  But I don't always hang on the internet and recognize that you guys live two hours in the future.  But if you have stock tips of what is going up in the future, I'm down with that.  ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#55 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:07 AM

I disagree. An internet chat forum such as this presents an opportunity to post nasty and polarizing stuff...but the poster has to chose to do so.

That is 100% true, but you don't have to look the other person in the eye while saying it.  And 99% would not be said to a stranger on the street.  

And I am as guilty as anyone.  It's not just a parked car syndrome, it is an Eye-Contact Syndrome.  I don't think any of us would spew the BS we spew while making eye contact with a fellow poster at Middleton's Tavern.  If you really want to insult someone, wait until you can look them in the eye.  Chances are you will have a drink together.  

Edited by jdsample, 08 March 2017 - 01:21 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#56 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:43 AM

Good dreams my friend.

Thank you sincerely for calling me a friend. Let's slap each other on the *** tomorrow over some political issue, but remain friends.  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#57 jdsample

jdsample

The Doctor is In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,674 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:52 PM

It is 9:45  RM time.    Calling it another night.  

GN my friends.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Richard M. Nixon

Joseph Russell Lynes Jr.

Eric Hoffer

#58 FatBoy

FatBoy

Obama Did It Too

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,592 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

It is 9:45  RM time.    Calling it another night.  

GN my friends.

Good night JD.

If we are here to help others, I often wonder what the others are here for. - Sir Thomas Robert Dewar

#59 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

Good Day to you all But isn't this what the Open Mic section is for?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#60 mrsmlh

mrsmlh

Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Good Day to you all But isn't this what the Open Mic section is for?

Good morning.

Sometimes a nice thread is appreciated even in Nationals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users