Twister

Arrests, Investigation After Assault By Group Of Teens In Downtown Baltimore Caught On Tape

162 posts in this topic

The man who posted the video on Facebook Tuesday says the suspects took a man’s phone.

You can watch the video below. WARNING: There is violence and strong language used in this video.

Baltimore Police plan to speak on the matter further Wednesday.

Oh dear.

No excuses for that kind of animalistic behavior.

One of the arrestees is 12 years old.

Good work, police. Thanks to the person who videographed and posted it.

And people question my good judgment about not wanting to be in downtown Baltimore.

Broad daylight on a busy street and ignorant foul mouthed trash like that assault a guy just for wallking down the street. Looks like he committed the crime of "walking while white".  

No excuse for that kind of crap. The arrested kids are aged 13-16, and one 18 year old. Why aren't any of those juveniles in school where they ought to be? I can't wait to hear about their mothers whining about what "good kids" they are. Those kids behaved like a pack of wild dogs. Disgusting. 

And people question my good judgment about not wanting to be in downtown Baltimore.

Broad daylight on a busy street and ignorant foul mouthed trash like that assault a guy just for wallking down the street. Looks like he committed the crime of "walking while white".  

No excuse for that kind of crap. The arrested kids are aged 13-16, and one 18 year old. Why aren't any of those juveniles in school where they ought to be? I can't wait to hear about their mothers whining about what "good kids" they are. Those kids behaved like a pack of wild dogs. Disgusting.

Most schools are out at 5:30 p.m.

Most schools are out at 5:30 p.m.

And of course going home and (God forbid) doing homework would not be on the radar of those "students"...

And of course going home and (God forbid) doing homework would not be on the radar of those "students"...

Not sure how you can know that

Certainly not all but the results speak for themselves.

And this is why I stay out of Baltimore City. If you're walking around there best thing to do is don't expose anything valuable and walk across the street to avoid these arseholes. When you see a whole group of teens you know it's going to be trouble. 

It certainly wasn't on the radar of those 8 juveniles that were arrested for the assault. That's pretty obvious. 

It certainly wasn't on the radar of those 8 juveniles that were arrested for the assault. That's pretty obvious. 

I did stupid things (not violent like that but pretty stupid and anti social) when I was young and yet had very good grades and study habits.

You might be right.  But some of those kids might very well be good students.  You just don't know.  

Yeah, you're correct. They may have been perfectly innocent altar boys, led astray.  :rolleyes:

The hate and violence just has to stop, from both sides of this.

The fact that they did this in broad daylight right in the business district pretty much tells us not all is well in Baltimore.

And yes, I'm sure you could bet that they are all on the honor and college bound :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're correct. They may have been perfectly innocent altar boys, led astray.  :rolleyes:

That is not what I said.  Maybe you need to study reading comprehension. 

That is not what I said.  Maybe you need to study reading comprehension. 

I comprehend your words, as well as your inflection very well, thank you.  

I can translate "liberalese" quite well.  :)

I did stupid things (not violent like that but pretty stupid and anti social) when I was young and yet had very good grades and study habits.

You might be right.  But some of those kids might very well be good students.  You just don't know.  

The kids involved in this robbery and assault might be good students. You just don't know, but you can make a very solid assumption that they are not.  That isn't leaping to some crazy speculative generalization, it's just common sense.

Stole a cell phone...something each of them more than likely already had in their pocket. 

This group attack and robbery would just be another blurb about crime in the city and quickly forgotten had it not been caught on video.

Posted (edited)

Too bad I couldn't comprehend what you were saying when you attacked me on the Camp David thread. http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/279333-no-camp-david-for-trump/page-3#entry7407671

Edited by Baltimatt

The adult, Darell Smith, is being held on $150,000 bond.

That is me.  Resident liberal

The adult, Darell Smith, is being held on $150,000 bond.

Should be more and any teen that participated in the violence should be servery punished.  

Should be more and any teen that participated in the violence should be servery punished.  

Maybe it will be more when he goes through bail review.