Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cprenegade

Rick Wagner to Detroit

8 posts in this topic

Harbaugh had indicated he really wanted to keep Wagner. There was no way the Ravens could, or should, have matched the over blown offer Detroit made. Still it does hit the O-line.

Losing Rick Wagner wasn’t something the Baltimore Ravens wanted to happen. However the Detroit Lions wanted it a little too badly.

When the Ravens were negotiating with Wagner, they probably had a set number that they were comfortable with. It’s kind of like a silent auction. You really want those beautiful plates, but you have a breaking point with your checkbook. The Lions outbid the Ravens by a long shot. They may have outbid every team with a paddle up by a long shot.

http://ebonybird.com/2017/03/08/rick-wagner-overpaid-detroit-lions/

I think this draft will be a lot of O-line, secondary, and pass rush.

I hope so.  Plus a WR coming from the draft or someplace. I'm hopeful that since we haven't heard his name mentioned, they are working to keep Brandon Williams.

I think this was the most damaging loss for the Ravens.  They were already a lousy offensive line with Wagner being one of the better tackles in the league.  Now they have to replace not only their right tackle but they still haven't addressed the sorry state of their center position.  We'll see what happens in the draft and if they can sign someone but as of right now, it's pretty ugly. 

Haven't read anything about other teams being involved with him. Maybe he just wanted to go home to play. The contract is the highest for a RT not named Lane Johnson who is being paid LT money.

I think this was the most damaging loss for the Ravens.  They were already a lousy offensive line with Wagner being one of the better tackles in the league.  Now they have to replace not only their right tackle but they still haven't addressed the sorry state of their center position.  We'll see what happens in the draft and if they can sign someone but as of right now, it's pretty ugly.

Luckily there is always James Hurst. :D In all seriousness though, I couldn't see paying Wagner that kind of money. The weak link is still Center. Perhaps Alex Lewis goes to RT. I am confident a 6th round center can start right away, which would mean a likely mean the end of the disastrous Zuttah era.

I'm glad they're shoring up the secondary in the FA, and the loss of Wagner makes drafting O-Line a must.  They need to draft 2 lineman--  Center/Guard or RT/Center.