• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 mockingbird

mockingbird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,771 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

The thing with Spirit is you have to check their website when booking your flight because you really do have to pay extra and everything is double at the ticket counter.  You have to pay for a carry on as well as a checked bag... I think we paid around $40 each way for a checked bag (its about the same price for a carry on).  We knew we would be bringing stuff back for the kiddos.  We could have probably fit our clothing in my personal item bag but we didn't want to chance paying double at the counter.  I paid $26 dollars for travel insurance because it was worth it to me and my anxiety.  I paid $14 (round trip) for our seats.  The flight was packed both ways so I am glad that I did that because of course I wanted to sit next to hubby.

Everyone was nice and courteous.  I really think most of the negativity its because people don't realize that you have to go to the website and check through things.  I completely understood the delay on Friday... super thankful that we were on time Monday evening.  Whew!!!! 

The seats are very small but I think most regular airline seats are pretty small.       

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.

Native American Proverb

Iron and Wine

#22 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,638 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

The thing with Spirit is you have to check their website when booking your flight because you really do have to pay extra and everything is double at the ticket counter. You have to pay for a carry on as well as a checked bag... I think we paid around $40 each way for a checked bag (its about the same price for a carry on). We knew we would be bringing stuff back for the kiddos. We could have probably fit our clothing in my personal item bag but we didn't want to chance paying double at the counter. I paid $26 dollars for travel insurance because it was worth it to me and my anxiety. I paid $14 (round trip) for our seats. The flight was packed both ways so I am glad that I did that because of course I wanted to sit next to hubby.

Everyone was nice and courteous. I really think most of the negativity its because people don't realize that you have to go to the website and check through things. I completely understood the delay on Friday... super thankful that we were on time Monday evening. Whew!!!!

The seats are very small but I think most regular airline seats are pretty small.

Yeah I'm going to pay for my bag before my flight date gets here. I'm flying alone which makes it more attractive to me. and trust me I'm a loyal SW flyer. But when I can fly r/t on Spirit for half the price of SW(bag fee included), I have to take that deal. I can deal with a small seat for a 2 1/2 hour flight for that kind of savings.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#23 workerbee

workerbee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,468 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Used Spirit exclusively from Balto to Myrtle Beach and back over the last four years or so. Once RT for under $50.  Last year had a flight four hour delay going to Balto. I was updated every 30 minutes by email.  Headed to airport with an hour to spare and home several hours later than expected.  No problems.  Received a coupon for full cost of flight one way in the mail a week later.  

TERM LIMITS NOW!

#24 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,638 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Used Spirit exclusively from Balto to Myrtle Beach and back over the last four years or so. Once RT for under $50. Last year had a flight four hour delay going to Balto. I was updated every 30 minutes by email. Headed to airport with an hour to spare and home several hours later than expected. No problems. Received a coupon for full cost of flight one way in the mail a week later.

Now that's what I call customer service.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#25 Flu

Flu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

We flew with them once and my girlfriend refuses to fly with them anymore. She says she'd rather pay more than to fly with them. She felt like we were sardines stuffed in a can. By the time we paid baggage fees we we could have flown Southwest for about the same price.

:cool:

Flu

What is a veteran? This is the best definition I've found:

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount 'up to and including my life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer can conceptualize it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users