Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
retired

Puppy Mills enforcement weakend by U.S. Dept. of Agriculture

9 posts in this topic

A Page One article in The Sun today says that the Department of Agriculture has stripped out a database of animal-welfare reports designed to combat the evils of "puppy mills."

The article says the federal action endangers Maryland legislation banning pet shops from selling dogs raised in puppy mills.

Animal activists say the State law is unenforceable without the federal database to check on the origins of puppies offered for sale.

Puppy mills are a blight on humanity and their operators should receive extreme sanction under the law.

I plan to write to Senators Cardin and Van Hollen and Rep. Ruppersberger urging them to find out why the USDA dropped the database last month and to require its restoration immediately. I hope all animal lovers will do the same.

We see enough intra-human cruelty and more than enough animal cruelty. Anything that weakens efforts by the Humane Society and the SPCA to combat puppy mills should be stopped at once.

Matt, I read the paper and as I've told you before it has pages not links.

If someone is interested enough to find the story they can go online and get it.

Not at all difficult; you did it.

And I just emailed the Senators and my Congressman.

If someone is interested enough to find the story they can go online and get it.

So why couldn't you find a link to the story?

I wrote my post with the paper in front of me. I didn't feel the need to look for anything more.

If anyone was interested and didn't have the paper, they could find the link on their own.

Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to cut and paste on these pages. I've tried many times

without success, even after you kindly offered directions about a year ago. Sorry about that.

I wrote my post with the paper in front of me. I didn't feel the need to look for anything more.

If anyone was interested and didn't have the paper, they could find the link on their own.

Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to cut and paste on these pages. I've tried many times

without success, even after you kindly offered directions about a year ago. Sorry about that.

You might try to use another browser.  Some browsers don't work well with this site.  I had the same problem until I switched to Firefox.

Thanks Smokey.  I got the copy part fine but when I hit the paste buttons, nada. It even offers alternatives but I found that worked. I can do the process okay everywhere but on these forums.

If someone is interested enough to find the story they can go online and get it.

Good for you. I will too.

Thanks Smokey.  I got the copy part fine but when I hit the paste buttons, nada. It even offers alternatives but I found that worked. I can do the process okay everywhere but on these forums.

My guess is you're using IE.

Try this:

When you open the box into which you plan to paste what you have copied you will see what looks like a light switch in the upper left hand corner of the tool bar, right above the "B" for Bold.

Click on that "light switch" and try to paste what you have copied.

The paste should work but you'll be in BB code mode.

Click the "light switch" again to return to normal posting mode.

Good luck.