[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#2 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

Dr. Peter and Lewey Angelos are known for seeing things that trained Orthopedic Doctors seem to miss.

#3 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,637 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

The O's are tight. Here is an email I got from them this year.

Dear Community Representative,

Thank you for requesting assistance with your fundraising efforts.  Each year the Orioles receive thousands of such requests and successfully work with groups to maximize fundraising opportunities for worthwhile charities.

Unfortunately, we are unable to support your event with a donated item at this time. However, we would like to introduce you to our “Orioles High Five Fundraiser Program”. This program allows groups to raise additional funds for your non-profit charity with very little effort and a whole lot of fun.

The program consists of two fundraising options, the “Classic Group Outing” and the “Flexible Ticket Voucher Program".  Each program allows your group to sell Orioles tickets to your supporters with the Orioles giving back $5 for every ticket sold to your charity.  Please call Tehya Mockapetris at 410.547.6290 for more information regarding this exciting fundraising program.

As always, thank you for your continued support of Orioles Baseball.

FYI- the Ravens did help our group. 

#4 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore of Maryland

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

The O's are tight. Here is an email I got from them this year.

Dear Community Representative,
Thank you for requesting assistance with your fundraising efforts.  Each year the Orioles receive thousands of such requests and successfully work with groups to maximize fundraising opportunities for worthwhile charities.
Unfortunately, we are unable to support your event with a donated item at this time. However, we would like to introduce you to our “Orioles High Five Fundraiser Program”. This program allows groups to raise additional funds for your non-profit charity with very little effort and a whole lot of fun.
The program consists of two fundraising options, the “Classic Group Outing” and the “Flexible Ticket Voucher Program".  Each program allows your group to sell Orioles tickets to your supporters with the Orioles giving back $5 for every ticket sold to your charity.  Please call Tehya Mockapetris at 410.547.6290 for more information regarding this exciting fundraising program.
As always, thank you for your continued support of Orioles Baseball.

FYI- the Ravens did help our group.

They couldn't even provide a baseball signed by a middle of the road player. What a disgrace.

#5 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,637 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

They couldn't even provide a baseball signed by a middle of the road player. What a disgrace.

I was willing to settle for some Weiters shirts. 

Edited by johnpolitics, 10 March 2017 - 06:37 PM.

#6 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:09 AM

I don't worry much about these reports anymore as the O's have been right the last couple times about damaged players.  Last time I checked Pagan was still unemployed.  Pete and Baby John strike again as medical experts. 

#7 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

I don't worry much about these reports anymore as the O's have been right the last couple times about damaged players.  Last time I checked Pagan was still unemployed.  Pete and Baby John strike again as medical experts. 

Agreed. Balfour would have been a disaster. Not just because of the loss of a player that we would have expected to have an impact. More importantly, every time Pete gets burned on an injured FA, he goes into lock down mode, and refuses to sign anyone who costs more than a few pennies. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#8 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

Agreed. Balfour would have been a disaster. Not just because of the loss of a player that we would have expected to have an impact. More importantly, every time Pete gets burned on an injured FA, he goes into lock down mode, and refuses to sign anyone who costs more than a few pennies. 

Too bad Petey and Baby A. didn't totally nix the Gallardo deal.  He was never right last year with that weak shoulder they caught in the physical. 

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

Too bad Petey and Baby A. didn't totally nix the Gallardo deal.  He was never right last year with that weak shoulder they caught in the physical. 

When is DD going to realize that marginal pitchers in weaker divisions are not going to come to the AL east and improve. Miley can't pitch in this division. I fully expect him to be a punching bag for most of his starts. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#10 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

When is DD going to realize that marginal pitchers in weaker divisions are not going to come to the AL east and improve. Miley can't pitch in this division. I fully expect him to be a punching bag for most of his starts. 

LOL!!  Punching Bag!!!

#11 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

Yeah Gallardo was a head scratcher. They knew he was banged up and signed him anyway but with other players they put them through the Tough Mudder physical.

BTW, Angel Pagan is playing for Team Puerto Rico in the WBC. Must be healthy enough.

#12 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

Yeah Gallardo was a head scratcher. They knew he was banged up and signed him anyway but with other players they put them through the Tough Mudder physical.

BTW, Angel Pagan is playing for Team Puerto Rico in the WBC. Must be healthy enough.

Yeah he is playing 3 or 4 months after the O's physical.  His hammy might be a little better.  But geez Puerto Rico??  Not sure that bar is real high for rolling out a guy who may be at half speed.  Not sold.  I like our OF corners we have.  Can't believe I just said that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users