Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bleedingorangeandblack

WBC

41 posts in this topic

Schoop and the Netherlands advance to the Semi Finals. So does Japan. 

USA & Puerto Rico play tonight. Both are 1-0 so far, in this round.  

How can AJ be so clutch in the WBC, and such an absolute turd in the post season?

Really?

Postseason pitchers are a little bit better than the fringey pitchers he's been facing in the WBC.

Jones is what he is. Much like Flacco is what he is. Either run them out of town or just accept what they are.

Edited by Pickle20

Really?

Postseason pitchers are a little bit better than the fringey pitchers he's been facing in the WBC.

Jones is what he is. Much like Flacco is what he is. Either run them out of town or just accept what they are.

Fringey like Quintana, Volquez, Dempster, King Felix? 

Those are the types of pitchers he's faced in the post season. And this is a much bigger stage than early rounds of MLB playoffs, which is pretty much the extent of his playoff experience. I'm a Jones fan. IMO, he's a vital member of the team. Does that mean I can't critique him, or that he's above any sort of reproach?    

Fringey like Quintana, Volquez, Dempster, King Felix? 

Those are the types of pitchers he's faced in the post season. And this is a much bigger stage than early rounds of MLB playoffs, which is pretty much the extent of his playoff experience. I'm a Jones fan. IMO, he's a vital member of the team. Does that mean I can't critique him, or that he's above any sort of reproach?    

And what has he done against those pitchers? His heroics have come in the later part of games when he's facing BP guys from those countries. 

Edited by Pickle20

And what has he done against those pitchers? His heroics have come in the later part of games when he's facing BP guys from those countries. 

Most of those guys are also MLB pitchers. And more than that, they are the cream of the crop. The WBC doesn't load their rosters with Ryan Flaherty and TJ McFarland types. Especially in the bracket the US plays in. That's the strongest bracket in the tournament, because it's the bracket made up of those countries that export the best players in the world, to MLB.