39 replies to this topic

#1 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hopefully some of you have been following the GAs ongoing quest to strip Hogan of as many powers as Governor that he has. As they fully suspect that he will be elected to a second term. Which of couse they will restore as soon as a Dem is Governor again. But that is another story.

So about the story....

https://shar.es/1UJ3F9

So Frosh on his own....decides to sue. Then gives a 10 day notice to the Governor that he does plan to sue. Then expects Hogan to respond about something he has no input or control about. And then wonders why Hogan blew him off.

Talk about chutzpah. Or is it typical Democrat trap setting?

Though he can now act on his own authority, Frosh is required to give the governor a 10-day notification in advance of a lawsuit, whenever possible. Frosh said he notified Hogan, but received no response.

A spokeswoman for the governor declined to comment on the merits of the legal action, but explained why Hogan did not offer the attorney general his opinion.

“We didn't respond because the legislature in their infinite wisdom saw fit to remove the governor’s historical authority over this process,” spokeswoman Amelia Chasse said in an email.

- See more at: http://digitaleditio...h.faiH5sS4.dpuf

Edited by Guido2, 11 March 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#2 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

Remember that Brian Frosh is first, last and foremost ia Montgomery County Liberal.

That should tell you everything you need to know about him and his motivation to test his newly-bestowed power gift from the Democrat-controlled Maryland General Assembly.

#3 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,386 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

Hogan was notified but chose not to respond. What's the problem with that?
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#4 workerbee

workerbee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,552 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Got to be Russian involvement... somewhere!

TERM LIMITS NOW!

#5 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Remember that Brian Frosh is first, last and foremost ia Montgomery County Liberal.

That should tell you everything you need to know about him and his motivation to test his newly-bestowed power gift from the Democrat-controlled Maryland General Assembly.

Oooohhhhh. I am well aware of that. And that is what is scary. We know what screaming liberals run the GA.....now we got a hair on fire screaming liberal with the power of the court behind which can do A LOT OF THINGS.... that ...even if by chance...the GA can't pass....he can ram through ....totally on his own.

NOW ISN'T THAT F'N SCARY?

#6 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Got to be Russian involvement... somewhere!

Ohhh ohhh thats it. Hogan didn't respond because he thought he was tapped. Got it. ;) :D

#7 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:33 AM

No problem with me.

But his being called out for not responding just to make political hay is a problem. As I said

#8 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,386 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

No problem with me.
But his being called out for not responding just to make political hay is a problem. As I said

Sometimes silence speaks louder than words

#9 Rocketwolf

Rocketwolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

Just when you would think that The Maryland Democrats had reached the pinnacle of tantrums over a short term (4 or 8 years)

loss of the governorship, they go beyond all rationality and common sense.

I trust the Police
more than I trust President Obama

#10 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,763 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

Good old Maryland Democrats. Remove powers from the governor with the "D" next to his name.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#11 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,009 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

waste of Maryland- and all the participating states' for that matter-- money in pursuit of anti- all things Trump strategy by the demlefts--- the courts should really dismiss all such suits on lack of standing grounds, but I guess we're going to need  Gorsuch and a vehicle case to get us there 

#12 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

Sometimes silence speaks louder than words

So what are you saying here. That Hogan flipped 'them' the bird by not even responding? Which frankly is what I would do.

Hey, I am not important enough to have input....why the blip are you bothering me with this...at best it is a token gesture.

We all know that Frosh or any demo with that kind of power is not going to listen to anything the Gov has to say....so why even dirty your hands.

Hey if they f'up....it is on them.

Can't wait till Trump throws an tantrum and we start losing fed dollars....and the FBI build.

And guess what .... it will be on the GA and Frosh.

Although I am sure that they will try to blame Hogan. wahhha wwwaahhhh we emailed you ...you you sniff sniff should have said something

Yah right...

#13 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,748 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

When the GA removed any authority the Governor has in this process, they essentially said we don't care about your opinion. Frosh was required to give 10 days notice, he did so. There is no requirement for the Governor to respond. It's simply politics. The governor took the best course of action in not responding. Hogan can pin the blame on Frosh for any repercussions that come down based on his lawsuit.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#14 Bobster

Bobster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Frosh is tapping into the anti-Trump hysteria and trying to make a name for himself. He calls it a Muslim ban although it does not effect the 85% of the world's Muslim population not living in those 6 countries with closer ties to terrorism. He wants to protect Marylanders by making it less difficult for terrorists to get into the country. And he wants to use 1 million dollars a year in our tax dollars to make us less safe. Gee, thanks Frosh.

#15 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

Can't wait for him to sue the Feds for lax gun laws. :rolleyes:

#16 VOSA

VOSA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,960 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

Looks to me like Frosh is making a move on the rail for the 2018 governor's race.

Kevin The K may have some competition.

#17 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,386 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

Frosh is tapping into the anti-Trump hysteria and trying to make a name for himself. He calls it a Muslim ban although it does not effect the 85% of the world's Muslim population not living in those 6 countries with closer ties to terrorism. He wants to protect Marylanders by making it less difficult for terrorists to get into the country. And he wants to use 1 million dollars a year in our tax dollars to make us less safe. Gee, thanks Frosh.

BS

Trump's travel ban wouldn't have prevented any recent terror attacks in the US

Ft Hood, Boston, Orlando, etc were all committed by US Citizens or Legal Resident Aliens

Also, the San Bernadino couple were Pakistani Americans and Pakistan isn't included in the six countries on the Ban list

Lastly, none of the 9/11 Hijackers came from countries on the Travel Ban list

Edited by soulflower, 13 March 2017 - 08:57 AM.

#18 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

No problem with me.

It's called politics. You must be new to this country.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#19 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

BS

Trump's travel ban wouldn't have prevented any recent terror attacks in the US

Ft Hood, Boston, Orlando, etc were all committed by US Citizens or Legal Resident Aliens

Also, the San Bernadino couple were Pakistani Americans and Pakistan isn't included in the six countries on the Ban list

Lastly, none of the 9/11 Hijackers came from countries on the Travel Ban list

Stop with the facts. Just stop it. :D
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#20 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

Brian Frosh is a major moron.  If it were up to him, Baltimore would have never gotten the Ravens.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users