Guido2

Frosh Joins Trump Lawsuit and wants Hogan to share the blame

40 posts in this topic

The opponents of Trump's travel ban fail to note that it doesn't include Indonesia, the most populous Muslim country, or other  countries where Islam is dominant. Ergo, it's not a Muslim ban no matter how much the opponents cry that it is.

And it's not a permanent ban on any country.

Trump is the first president to actually do something about immigration and it's got the Left in extreme pants-wetting mode.

There will be lots of sad stories about illegals being deported, breaking up families, etc. but they knew when they jumped the border that they were gambling that either they'd never get caught or, if caught, nothing would happen.

Border jumping is a crapshoot and with the change of House rules there will be more losers than heretofore. One can only hope that the new rules will discourage more people from trying to jump the border illegally.

At the same time, I would like to see the US streamline and loosen the rules for those filing for legal immigration.

The opponents of Trump's travel ban fail to note that it doesn't include Indonesia, the most populous Muslim country, or other countries where Islam is dominant. Ergo, it's not a Muslim ban no matter how much the opponents cry that it is.

And it's not a permanent ban on any country.

Trump is the first president to actually do something about immigration and it's got the Left in extreme pants-wetting mode.

"The first"?

Pick up a history book or check out Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_immigration_laws

There will be lots of sad stories about illegals being deported, breaking up families, etc. but they knew when they jumped the border that they were gambling that either they'd never get caught or, if caught, nothing would happen.

Border jumping is a crapshoot and with the change of House rules there will be more losers than heretofore. One can only hope that the new rules will discourage more people from trying to jump the border illegally.

At the same time, I would like to see the US streamline and loosen the rules for those filing for legal immigration.

None of that has anything to do with the Travel Ban

I debunked your lie in another thread

Kenny, here we go again.  Tell me which President took such a publicly active move against illegal immigration.  And please don't tell me again about Obama. I don't know for sure but I suspect that more came in on his watch than were deported.

Neither of the Bushes nor Clinton made any significant moves. In 1986 Reagan put through an amnesty bill which he said would end the flood of illegal immigration.  We all know how well that worked out.

If Trump is scaring people into leaving or not trying to enter he'll have done what the people voted for. For all practical purposes up to now more was said than done.

This country was built on immigration. But it was built on controlled immigration not just anybody who wanted in could come in. That's how a country maintains its national integrity.  Can you understand that?

Kenny, here we go again. Tell me which President took such a publicly active move against illegal immigration. And please don't tell me again about Obama. I don't know for sure but I suspect that more came in on his watch than were deported.

Illegal Immigration from Mexico declined on Obama's watch

Article from Jan. 2016:

'Why Is the Undocumented-Immigrant Population Dropping?'

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/01/why-is-the-undocumented-immigrant-population-dropping/426612/

Posted (edited)

Kenny, here we go again.

I'm not wasting time on this discussion again. Several people including myself have provided link after link that shows your statements on immigration to be shall we say KA KA. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Enjoy living in your partisan delusions.

Edited by bmore_ken

Illegal Immigration from Mexico declined on Obama's watch

Article from Jan. 2016:

'Why Is the Undocumented-Immigrant Population Dropping?'

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/01/why-is-the-undocumented-immigrant-population-dropping/426612/

He knows that already. Just because Obama didn't make an announcement about it every day , doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Posted (edited)

Statistics lie and liars use statistics. Not at any of you .... just an axiom that is true across the board.

Point is this thread was supposed to be about the travel ban....not illegal aliens. Which has been discussed at nausium (sic) .

But since it has been brought up; Bottom line is IMHO...

.we have all these illegals now because most ALL the previous administrations whimped out and did not demand that any and all existing laws were enforced.

And......

1 Obama is the leader in shipping them back....he just did it quietly

2 unlike Trump who needs to Tweet in caps about everything...I am surprised he doesn't to announce he had this 'HHHUUUGGGHHHH shxt'. Who is struting around like a rooster about shipping them back

3 Trump is just doing what should have been done all along.

4 Bottom line and this is for all those do-gooders and bleeding hearts. THE ILLEGALS BROKE THE LAW...it is not your fault....it is not my fault...IT IS THE LAW. If only certain laws 'count' well as I said before....fine.. if that is true....What if I and many others decide to disregard the laws regarding concealed carry and just carry because we didn't think it 'counted' for us?

5 They are here, shipping them all back is a fruitless endeavor at best..so set up a path to some sort of legality, maybe even citizenship. But they go to the back of the line behind those that did it the right way.

6 Tighten up and apply laws for those newcomers that try an sneak in....like it supposed to be and continue to ship them back. Ohhh and to all those bleeding hearts that will say ohhh my God those people with go across the desert time and time again to get here. They may die! To that I say SORRY THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM.

Edited by Guido2

Kenny, here we go again. Tell me which President took such a publicly active move against illegal immigration. And please don't tell me again about Obama. I don't know for sure but I suspect that more came in on his watch than were deported.

Neither of the Bushes nor Clinton made any significant moves. In 1986 Reagan put through an amnesty bill which he said would end the flood of illegal immigration. We all know how well that worked out.

If Trump is scaring people into leaving or not trying to enter he'll have done what the people voted for. For all practical purposes up to now more was said than done.

This country was built on immigration. But it was built on controlled immigration not just anybody who wanted in could come in. That's how a country maintains its national integrity. Can you understand that?

Maryland and other Democrats do not like to distinguish between legal and illegal immigration.

Obama's deportation numbers are due to the number of turnaways withing 100 miles of the border and a change in definition. Here is a nice liberal source updated as of this month to explain.

http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

Have you ever heard an elected Democrat speak out about sanctuary cities, or a Republican try to re-deine them as "Welcoming Cities"?

Of course not. Frosh and the other Democrats are responsible for the hands off treatment that allows groups like MS-13 to function in Maryland, Virginia, and other places in this country.

Maryland and other Democrats do not like to distinguish between legal and illegal immigration.

Obama's deportation numbers are due to the number of turnaways withing 100 miles of the border and a change in definition. Here is a nice liberal source updated as of this month to explain.

http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

Have you ever heard an elected Democrat speak out about sanctuary cities, or a Republican try to re-deine them as "Welcoming Cities"?

Of course not. Frosh and the other Democrats are responsible for the hands off treatment that allows groups like MS-13 to function in Maryland, Virginia, and other places in this country.

I think you are partially right. I think you would be more correct if you said that bleeding heart liberals and civil rights activists and sympathetic juries are more to blame.  They are the ones that allow groups to fester and grow. Keep in mind that while agree the Frosh's (with their ccw and body guards) and their ilk and a LOT of dems also contribute but do keep in mind there are a, I am sure a large handful of conservative/Reps that may fall into that category.

Funny though, it seems that there are two common threads between the aforemention. It always seems that they are either very rich and very protected. Or very poor and not protected from the bad guys or these very poor are also very associated with the very criminals that should be punished.

I'd say those are reasonable and fair statements.

Posted (edited)

Obama's deportation numbers are due to the number of turnaways withing 100 miles of the border

Obama couldn't turn anyone away unless they crossed the border. He has no jurisdiction in Mexico. He turned people away from the border? Isn't that the job of our government?

Deportations of people apprehended in the interior of the U.S., which the immigration agency defines as more than 100 miles from the border, dropped from 237,941 in Obama's first year to 133,551 in 2013, according to immigration data. Four out of five of those deportees came to the attention of immigration authorities after criminal convictions.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obama-deportations-20140402-story.html

100 miles from the border is still within our country, why wouldn't that count as a deportation? Also from the same link

In 2012, immigration offenses made up 30% of federal convictions, second only to drug cases, which made up one-third.

Like your buddy retired, feel free to keep living in your partisan delusions. Trump isn't doing anything Obama hasn't already done. Obama just didn't tweet about it every day.

Edited by bmore_ken

Obama couldn't turn anyone away unless they crossed the border. He has no jurisdiction in Mexico. He turned people away from the border? Isn't that the job of our government?

100 miles from the border is still within our country, why wouldn't that count as a deportation? Also from the same link

Like your buddy retired, feel free to keep living in your partisan delusions. Trump isn't doing anything Obama hasn't already done. Obama just didn't tweet about it every day.

As I said previously. He tweeted that he had a HUUUUGGGHHHH dump this morning. What an idiot.

I'm sure Frosh is applauding himself today for joining the suit over Trump's travel ban. His first trick since his Democrat buddies in the GA gave him independent power to sue the feds.

There are rumbles that he wants to run for Governor, maybe in 2018, maybe 2022.

If you thought Martin O'Malley was a good Governor then elect Brian Frosh, by all means -- if you want O'Malley times two.

I'm sure Frosh is applauding himself today for joining the suit over Trump's travel ban. His first trick since his Democrat buddies in the GA gave him independent power to sue the feds.

If you thought Martin O'Malley was a good Governor then elect Brian Frosh, by all means -- if you want O'Malley times two.

If he throws his hat in the ring...I'm outa heyah

As I have said before MOM can run again. And unfortunately he has nothing else to do at this point.