Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

What's Martin O'Malley up to?

34 posts in this topic

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/martin-omalley-on-2016?utm_term=.kgzL38AlO#.spkEx8PK3

Martin O’Malley remembers running for president like this: He is on a train, heading for a bridge. He can see the bridge is giving out. He is shouting and waving and pointing at a “better lane,” he says. “But it’s like I couldn’t get anybody on the train to listen.”
“It was the most frustrating experience I’ve ever had in politics.”
O’Malley was still a young mayor in Baltimore, elected at 36, when he started hearing people say he might one day “go all the way.” Now, at 54, on the other side of that dream, he is at turns resigned to and not yet at peace with the eight months he spent as a candidate for the Democratic nomination. That his 2016 campaign never caught fire, or even much of a spark, is a reality he reasons with in one moment, ticking off outside contributing factors, before adding in the next that, in fact, “None of it made sense.”

Trains have tracks, not lanes.

Posted (edited)

deleted

Edited by Woodbuchr

I was just going to start a thread with the Buzzfeed article when I saw yours. I didn't like him as my Governor and most assuredly would not want him as my President.

From the linked article:

“This is not the time for centrism,”

I couldn't disagree more. The time for centrism is now. The polarity in politics is killing our country by creating a great divide. IMO we need to understand niether side gets it totally right and both sides have good points. We need to find a way to merge them and get back to what is good for all not what is good for the left or right.

He should be carefully reviewing his life.

I hope he wrote personal thank you letters to the 12 total people who voted for him in the primaries...

Trains have tracks, not lanes.

Are there ever locomotive hit and runs?

The only thing that saves Lil Marty from being the worst Guv in my lifetime is Glendenning.

The only thing that saves Lil Marty from being the worst Guv in my lifetime is Glendenning.

Ahh Agnew might be in contention. ;)

Ahh Agnew might be in contention. ;)

While Agnew was governor while I was alive, we may quickly becoming the minority in this forum. 

While Agnew was governor while I was alive, we may quickly becoming the minority in this forum. 

When you were alive? Gee your corpse types real well. :D

When you were alive? Gee your corpse types real well. :D

I'm too talented to let an issue like death interfere...

I was just going to start a thread with the Buzzfeed article when I saw yours. I didn't like him as my Governor and most assuredly would not want him as my President.

From the linked article:

I couldn't disagree more. The time for centrism is now. The polarity in politics is killing our country by creating a great divide. IMO we need to understand niether side gets it totally right and both sides have good points. We need to find a way to merge them and get back to what is good for all not what is good for the left or right.

Going back further, I didn't like him as my mayor.  B)

Going back further, I didn't like him as my mayor. B)

You have my sympathies. I wouldn't have wanted him for my mayor either but I live in Baltimore County so I dodged that one

Going back further, I didn't like him as my mayor.  B)

Baltimore seems to elect lousy mayors that go on to become lousy governors.

All it takes is a D after their name.

I think he's a fail, but he is very earnest and I believe he's sincere in his mindset. He really is dumbfounded by what happened. He's honestly frustrated that others couldn't see the better lane. 

6' 1".  Allegedly.

:)

Perfect... I couldn't have done better myself... :)

6' 1".  Allegedly.

:)

I didn't think they could stack s...., oh never mind.   :)

Does anyone besides Judge Katie and the kids give a rat's patoot what MOM is doing -- so long as he isn't doing it in public and frightening the horses?

I didn't think they could stack s...., oh never mind.   :)

Exactly.  :D

Willie Don was far from a lousy mayor.

and he was a pretty good governor as well, says this RWNJ, giving credit where its due

Does anyone besides Judge Katie and the kids give a rat's patoot what MOM is doing -- so long as he isn't doing it in public and frightening the horses?

Katie doesn't really care. Think about how LOW profile she was on MOM's campaign.